Sign in to follow this  
Karl Pilkington

Bell to sign?? But do we need him??

In midfield we have

On the Left "Patches O" Hoolahan, Eagle and Lappin.

In the Middle Fozzy, Rusty, Matty Patty, Cliganon (sorry spelt wrong)

On the right Croft and Chadwick

It seems it''s the one dept where we don''t need to spend the cash. Is he an improvement on what we have??

Id rather be spending £600,000 on a striker!! If a striker from Ireland is a gamble surely Luton''s midfielder is too? I don''t see room for him in our midfield unless Roeder is playing 4-5-1 next season which I bet he is! Jamie and Martin are going to share the loan striker role!

[quote user="Matt"]Id rather be spending £600,000 on a striker!! If a striker from Ireland is a gamble surely Luton''s midfielder is too? I don''t see room for him in our midfield unless Roeder is playing 4-5-1 next season which I bet he is! Jamie and Martin are going to share the loan striker role![/quote]

David Bell has played in the championship though hasnt he, for Luton and for Leicester. And was class for both.

We need players, whatever position they are in. Bell will add a lot of presure on Rusty, Clingon, Patty and Fozzy.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]We need players, whatever position they are in. Bell will add a lot of presure on Rusty, Clingon, Patty and Fozzy.[/quote]

even though his best position is wide [:D]

He is better in the centre in my mind, just behind the front 2, he has a very good shot and likes the long rangers.

Is this part of a plan to put Chadwick into a strikers position? - It wouldn''t be totally alien to him

Whilst the midfield is the one area we do indeed have decent numbers he is a good player and Eagle, Lappin and Pattison are all sh*te so he will be a welcome addition.

stop being so f******* negative its a signing with qaulity all we need now is to drop the gow transfer and get our back line tight and 3 new strikers and we have a serious squad for promotion with a midfield that will be envy of some teams

[quote user="Karl Pilkington"]

In midfield we have

It seems it''s the one dept where we don''t need to spend the cash. Is he an improvement on what we have??

[/quote]

Yes we do need him

[quote user="jewish"]stop being so f******* negative its a signing with qaulity all we need now is to drop the gow transfer and get our back line tight and 3 new strikers and we have a serious squad for promotion with a midfield that will be envy of some teams [/quote]"all we need now"...

Croft - one trick pony who has been found out.Chadwick - injury proneLappin - Just not up to the standardPattison - inconsistent and purely a squad playerClingan - unknown quantityEagle - to small, to slow

That leaves Fotherignham, Russell, Hoolahan.I can see why they want Bell.

In midfield we have

[/quote]

[quote user="JC"]Croft - one trick pony who has been found out.Chadwick - injury proneLappin - Just not up to the standardPattison - inconsistent and purely a squad playerClingan - unknown quantityEagle - to small, to slow

In midfield we have

[/quote][/quote]JC miserable pratsorry but croft is a one trick pony? when he was playing last year he created more than rest of midfield, and had some bleedin'' passion. ok so he''s may favourite player coz he was a bit chunky like me, but he did have a fairly decent season, missing chances exempt!!!

[quote user="National express super guard "][quote user="Midlandcanary"]Yes we do need him. He is better than croft and chadwick so imo is a good signing![/quote]

u gotta back that up with stats or is it just your opinion. Don''t go knocking crofty [:#]
[/quote]

I''m not knocking crofty. He is my fave player aswell but I just think Bell is the better player!

Croft Bell Russel/Clinghan Wes

should be our starting midfield next season! imo

It''s not about numbers, we need quality players and I''m not convinced by our right wingers. We haven''t seen enough of Chadwich play to decide whether he''s any good. Nor can we be sure that he''ll be fit enough to last an entire season. Croft has had two years to show us what he can do and while he tries hard I don''t think he''s done enough to ensure that he''s guaranteed first choice.

Whenever I see him he also seems to set off at pace before stopping when he reaches the defender. He can''t vary his pace like Huckerby, struggles to beat his man and his crossing isn''t brilliant. So do we need a winger who can''t beat a man, cross or score? I''d say he''d be a decent back up.

What games did you watch?? He is a one trick pny with no end product and a poor cross.  Funnily enough Roeder obviously does not rate him either, so perhaps you should watch the games more closely.

i think bell would be a class addition, i spoke to alot of the luton fans round here and they have all said nothing but good things about him. as for croft, whenever i saw him last season, he seemed to drift in and out of games, watford away is a good example of that, but with him on the right and hoolahoop on the left you can imagine the kind of carnage they are capable of when they are firing on all cylinders.

Presumably it was this possibility that kept Gow waiting for so long? If what posters have said, that  he is able to play and shoot powerfully in the hole behind the strikers, he would be doing what Gow is good at?

And for the record, having an opposing view does not make someone miserable or to call them a prat.  I am sure other posters will note that other than a rather pathetic attempt to try to claim he had a good season (as a ten minute sub in a few games where he did NOTHING) that you did not actually discuss the point I made, namely that despite the growing perception, when you look at the midfield it is not that covered at all.[quote user="National express super guard "][quote user="JC"]Croft - one trick pony who has been found out.Chadwick - injury proneLappin - Just not up to the standardPattison - inconsistent and purely a squad playerClingan - unknown quantityEagle - to small, to slow

In midfield we have

[/quote][/quote]JC miserable pratsorry but croft is a one trick pony? when he was playing last year he created more than rest of midfield, and had some bleedin'' passion. ok so he''s may favourite player coz he was a bit chunky like me, but he did have a fairly decent season, missing chances exempt!!![/quote]

Spot on - shame the national express train prat cannot see the bleedin obvious.[quote user="psychedeliasmith"]

It''s not about numbers, we need quality players and I''m not convinced by our right wingers. We haven''t seen enough of Chadwich play to decide whether he''s any good. Nor can we be sure that he''ll be fit enough to last an entire season. Croft has had two years to show us what he can do and while he tries hard I don''t think he''s done enough to ensure that he''s guaranteed first choice.

Whenever I see him he also seems to set off at pace before stopping when he reaches the defender. He can''t vary his pace like Huckerby, struggles to beat his man and his crossing isn''t brilliant. So do we need a winger who can''t beat a man, cross or score? I''d say he''d be a decent back up.

[/quote]

Don''t forget Croft was keeping Huckerby out of the side for a lot of last season and was often start performer on the right.

If you go with the addage of two players for every position you have

wesley/lappin
bell/fozz
rusty/patty
chadders/croft

Plus eagle on the left for good measure - i think Roeder was expecting/is wanting Lappin to leave but he''s under contract and appears to want to stay so he''s stuck there.

Yes I think we do need him. We have been starved of creativity from midfield for gaawd knows how long now - Roeder obviously sees this as essential to playing effective football and getting the strikers ''in''. And he obviously doesn''t plan on starting the season with 1 striker so we''ll see who we get in there. I for one am quite pleased with how Roeder''s new look City is starting to look.   

[quote user="SuperWes"]

[quote user="Matt"]Id rather be spending £600,000 on a striker!! If a striker from Ireland is a gamble surely Luton''s midfielder is too? I don''t see room for him in our midfield unless Roeder is playing 4-5-1 next season which I bet he is! Jamie and Martin are going to share the loan striker role![/quote]

David Bell has played in the championship though hasnt he, for Luton and for Leicester. And was class for both.

[/quote]

i wouldnt really say he was class for both leicester and luton

but he did pretty solid job at both clubs and looks promising

lets hope he doesnt have a relegation curse on him at the moment

He played 6 games for Leicester and you can''t really judge a player in that amount of games!

and according to most Luton fans he can tear teams in shreds!