Sign in to follow this  
spud down the road

Got the away bug

Not me. Its enough expense for mine and my lads home season tickets. Plus programmes, coffees, shirts, pies, etc. etc. etc. Will try to do a few away games again though. Done Walsall, Ips***h, Crystal Palace so far and got tickets for Crewe.
Have a little scrimmage.

does anyone no how much the away season ticket is? being in birmingham it would be ideal for me as there are a lot of games around this area. cheers

Surprised you got tickets for Crewe if you''ve only done 3 away games JHF. I think you may get some irate posts on this thread!

I''m thinking about it. As far as I know you pay £20 then set up a DD and the tickets are automatically sent to you. My only concern is how my mates will get tickets with me, and what happens when non of them are going to a certain game, for example a mid week trip to Bolton in February? And can you give the tickets to your mates if you can''t make a particular one?

I''m pretty new to the away game, I''ve been going to a few for a couple of years and seem to be a lucky charm. This season I''ve been to six away games and seen five wins!!! Seen 10 goals go in a two conceded!!

Does anyone have a clearer idea of how these away tickets work?

£20 upfront. You can default 5 games. I''m on the list (although may miss more than 5 through work but can always sell them).

Also if you want to sit with your friends, one of you orders the tickets and the annual charge to administer the others is £10. The one whos name it is in has to pay for all the tickets.

Cheers Blacko and Peter, one more question though. Do away season ticket holders get preferential treatment for additional tickets as well as the one automatically recieved?

Definitely getting another away season ticket next year after getting one for this season. Until recently there was a better atmosphere amongst the fans away from home (more singing/banter etc) but the home games have been great too since the new stand opened/promotion etc.

It is a big time commitment especially with the longer trips and of course the cost of travelling. If you can afford it in time and money I would recommend it especially if you are an exile.

I''m going to get one. If I miss Old Trafford or Highbury I''ll be gutted, not that this will be my only opportunity of course as we''re staying up for good.

Even if my mates can''t make it I''ll still be amongst 3000 friends!!!

Kathy
Re: "Surprised you got tickets for Crewe if you''ve only done 3 away games JHF. I think you may get some irate posts on this thread!"
Didnt mean to upset anyone. Just wrote and applied for tickets. Season ticket holder with less than 10 stubs. Tickets duly arrived.

Didnt upset me JHF, I''ve got mine! Looks like from the responses no one else is either. Apologies.