Sign in to follow this  
Be Smart & sell to Cullum

Today looked so full of promise.......

We lost out on Pistol Pete to some high flying league 1 side.

Delia says Cullum never had a meeting and never made a bid

Bell was going to have a medical and looks like he couldn''t find his way from Luton to Norwich

Stefano  wots his name must be having the longest medical in the history of the world unless he couldn''t find his way from London to Norwich

The Italian wonder kid has gone off the radar Glenn doesn''t know who he plays for, and he has no chance of finding his way from Italy to Norwich

The Geordie wonder kid Carol has played one first team game but is worth £xxxxxxxxx millions and we offered £1 million, so he doesn''t need to find his way to Norwich

Kasper has found his way to London, but doesn''t want to know the way to Norwich.

Good day all round wouldn''t you say

[quote user="Be Smart Wizard"]

Delia says Cullum never had a meeting and never made a bid

Bell was going to have a medical and looks like he couldn''t find his way from Luton to Norwich

Stefano  wots his name must be having the longest medical in the history of the world unless he couldn''t find his way from London to Norwich

The Italian wonder kid has gone off the radar Glenn doesn''t know who he plays for, and he has no chance of finding his way from Italy to Norwich

The Geordie wonder kid Carol has played one first team game but is worth £xxxxxxxxx millions and we offered £1 million, so he doesn''t need to find his way to Norwich

Kasper has found his way to London, but doesn''t want to know the way to Norwich.

Good day all round wouldn''t you say

[/quote]

So Barry Brockes was right as it''s been confirmed from both sides.

Makes you wonder why they issued a joint statement saying that there had been a meeting.

Yes Smarty its agood day all round and I am now as positive as it it possible to be........in a factual vacuum.

But on the bright side i became a member!! Big Smile [:D]

I think tomorow will be the day when we will have a bit of exciting news. 3 New exciting signings, and i thinkeven after that we will still be signing players up to the last day of the transfere window. No inside contact no friends of friend of  friends of friend of  friends of friend of  friends of friend of  friends of friend whos brothers wifes mums long lost sister is the programe seller insiders (although my step mum does do alot of ''private'' work for dealer, events etc but she doesnt even no anything. Nope just a feeling i have. But i could be wrong....

Unlikely though

just read that back to myself and realised how little scence it made. it was a veryyy looong day! any way all i was trying to say is i think it will all be ok!

[quote user="Canary ben"]

But on the bright side i became a member!! Big Smile [:D]

I think tomorow will be the day when we will have a bit of exciting news. 3 New exciting signings, and i thinkeven after that we will still be signing players up to the last day of the transfere window. No inside contact no friends of friend of  friends of friend of  friends of friend of  friends of friend of  friends of friend whos brothers wifes mums long lost sister is the programe seller insiders (although my step mum does do alot of ''private'' work for dealer, events etc but she doesnt even no anything. Nope just a feeling i have. But i could be wrong....

Unlikely though

[/quote]

If you don''t know anything Ben, just make it up.

Everyone else does.

Welcome to the Forum by the way.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Be Smart Wizard"]Delia says Cullum never had a meeting and never made a bid

[/quote]So Barry Brockes was right as it''s been confirmed from both sides.

Makes you wonder why they issued a joint statement saying that there had been a meeting.[/quote]The statement referred to "discussions"  Ricardo which were probably over the phone, in fact Cullum confirmed this later. There was no mention of "a meeting".

"Despite the very best efforts of both sides, and following a number of amicable discussions, Peter Cullum and the directors of Norwich City Football Club PLC have been unable to agree a mutually acceptable basis upon which they can meet the stated objectives of Peter Cullum, whilst still ensuring compliance with the current legal and contractual obligations of the club to its stakeholders, and delivering a solution that the directors of Norwich City Football Club consider to be in the best interests of the club and its stakeholders."

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Be Smart Wizard"]Delia says Cullum never had a meeting and never made a bid

[/quote]So Barry Brockes was right as it''s been confirmed from both sides.

Makes you wonder why they issued a joint statement saying that there had been a meeting.[/quote]The statement referred to "discussions"  Ricardo which were probably over the phone, in fact Cullum confirmed this later. There was no mention of "a meeting".

"Despite the very best efforts of both sides, and following a number of amicable discussions, Peter Cullum and the directors of Norwich City Football Club PLC have been unable to agree a mutually acceptable basis upon which they can meet the stated objectives of Peter Cullum, whilst still ensuring compliance with the current legal and contractual obligations of the club to its stakeholders, and delivering a solution that the directors of Norwich City Football Club consider to be in the best interests of the club and its stakeholders."

[/quote]

Most early meetings of this type are by video conference these days rather than spend hours driving somewhere.

Today looked so full of promise......

And i was sure Peter Thompson was going to sign for us. But we bloody put such a low offer in, we get outbid by Stockport!!!!!! Were is our fighting sprit? Come on put in a better bid for god sake!!!!!!!!

lol it didn''t for me, lot''s of gossip and paper talk and not a lot else really.  When it''s on the official site then I will be happier and breath a sigh of relief.  However, tomorrow''s another day, who knows what it may bring?

[quote user="Be Smart Wizard"]

[/quote]Not true - he hasn''t signed for anyone. They''ve only had a bid accepted.

Here''s something you could try....  pick a Championship club at random, find their equivalent of the Pink''Un forum, and check out what the posters think of their Club''s signings so far. I''ll bet that the feeling is the same everywhere - not enough action so far. It''s just the way things go nowadays - agents trying to generate auctions for their players, and stringing things out until the last minute. I''m pretty confident that Roeder will bring in enough good players, given backing by the Board. And after all, they (according to the man himself) promised Roeder when he took the job that if he kept us up he''d be given whatever he needed at the end of the season to bring in new players. So we ought to keep an eye on that one.....

[quote user="colneycanary"]Today looked so full of promise...... And i was sure Peter Thompson was going to sign for us. But we bloody put such a low offer in, we get outbid by Stockport!!!!!! Were is our fighting sprit? Come on put in a better bid for god sake!!!!!!!![/quote]

Its a bit like my wife saying she wants me to buy a six bedroom house, but I am happy where I am. I go and look around the estate agents just to keep her happy and go to see whats on offer. Take back the details and there is one she likes, she tells me to put an offer in which I do. It is priced at £1 million so I offer £600,000 because I want to be able to tell her that I really went for it, but the offer was rejected because it was a crap offer. Shes happy because she thinks I am after the house she wanted ,and I am happy because we haven''t bought one, but I''am showing willing aren''t I.

[quote user="pete_norw"]More spin, they still treat us like Mushrooms, and we stand for it[/quote]sorry mate, but what does being treated like a mushroom mean? Am I missing a culture reference?

[quote user="Seat0123"][quote user="pete_norw"]More spin, they still treat us like Mushrooms, and we stand for it[/quote]sorry mate, but what does being treated like a mushroom mean? Am I missing a culture reference?[/quote]As in :  imagine being a musheoom on a mushroom farm. You''re kept in a dark, dank cellar, then periodically someone opens a hatch & dumps a load of manure on you.

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="Seat0123"][quote user="pete_norw"]More spin, they still treat us like Mushrooms, and we stand for it[/quote]sorry mate, but what does being treated like a mushroom mean? Am I missing a culture reference?[/quote]As in :  imagine being a musheoom on a mushroom farm. You''re kept in a dark, dank cellar, then periodically someone opens a hatch & dumps a load of manure on you.[/quote]Some people might quite like that.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"][quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="Seat0123"][quote user="pete_norw"]More spin, they still treat us like Mushrooms, and we stand for it[/quote]

sorry mate, but what does being treated like a mushroom mean? Am I missing a culture reference?
[/quote]

As in :  imagine being a musheoom on a mushroom farm. You''re kept in a dark, dank cellar, then periodically someone opens a hatch & dumps a load of manure on you.
[/quote]

Some people might quite like that.
[/quote]

Apparantly 20,000 of us don''t seemed to mind too much

Only 20,000 Ricardo? How disappointing you use this figure when you normally write so much that makes sense. Sure, the 20,000 that are lucky enough to have season tickets don''t like being the proverbial mushroom, but neither do all the exiles and passionate fans that don''t have season tickets!

Never mind I understand that their are a couple of promising lads playing for Sprowston Athletic who might sign for you tomorrow unless of course you lose out to Acle United.

Would still be better than Alan Lee and Kevin Lisbie? Good to see your spending the millions hey?

[quote user="Terry Fied"]Never mind I understand that their are a couple of promising lads playing for Sprowston Athletic who might sign for you tomorrow unless of course you lose out to Acle United.[/quote]

I suppose, coming from where it is, that''s reasonably witty.  It would have had more impact were it not coming from a club currently still scrapping with the mighty Colchester over a League One player.

I am beginning to realise why you chose your user name.

[quote user="Terry Fied"]Never mind I understand that their are a couple of promising lads playing for Sprowston Athletic who might sign for you tomorrow unless of course you lose out to Acle United.[/quote]

How many season tickets have you binners sold Terry? 20000 yet? No, thought not..