Sign in to follow this  
Archie

the end of an era

am utterly gutted by the fact that iwan was leaving - it was expected,but all the same i havent felt so down hearted for a long time
he made an awful team not quite so bad under the days of rioch and hamilton,and i think if it wasnt for him we could quite easily be division 3.
iwan you have given me some of the best memories of my life - everyday i picture you rising to head that ball at cardiff
thank you

It is the end of an era but also the dawn of a brave new world.

Now is the time to thank Iwan, at each of the remaining games, and then look forward to next season.

I think the timing was right for all concerned - Iwan thanks for your efforts.

Archie, I toatally agree. I had hoped the club would offer him something, but i suppose we are a business at the end of the day. Hopefully we can use his wages to get some quality players in.
To Iwan: Thankyou. You have been a shining example to all young pro''s. I will be sorry to see you go. Good Luck at your next club, I will look out for your results next season. Thanks
for the memories.....

Well said, I too felt very sad when I read that Iwan would be leaving. It is a shame that the years have caught up with him just as we reach the prem.

However, at least Iwan can leave knowing that he achieved what he came to do - get norwich in the prem. He can go with a smile on his face, knowing he was a success and is loved by city fans everywhere.

I know its a team game, but fans are right to suggest that his goals saved us from div2.

I wish I could be at the Preston game to see him play his last carrow road fixture - I hope he gets a bigger send off as he deserves.

What was your favourite iwan goal?
Mine apart from the play off final was either the second (bergkamp like)of the two versus Ips#*ch and the goal against gillingham away where he ran for miles!that was brilliant!

also Sheffield wed are said to be interested again.

you can leave your personal comments for Iwan here http://carrowroad.net/invision/index.php?showtopic=1199

They will be handed at the reception before Saturdays game

Iwan what can I say a true pro. I don''t think you need say anymore. We are not going to see that big toothless smile down at the Barclay end next season after he has scored another goal.Lets hope he gets on for the final 10 mins on sat and we get a penalty then we can really give him the IWAN IWAN IWAN IWAN FOR THE FINAL TIME. OTBC.

Have just added my comments for Iwan, kennyfoggo. Must say that carrowroad.net looks a good site if anyone hasn''t yet visited. Worth a look, I think.

yeah, it is a good site susie

what can i say that hasn''t already been said, i remember seeing iwan when he first signed for city on the scotland pre season tour, it seems light years away now, my kids were still at school then lol

iwan roberts is norwich city, not only do we have him to thank for saving us the tragedy of division two football, we have him to thank for promoting our club in so many ways off the field, i have chatted to iwan many times, he will always have a word with you if you see him around the city, he is a legend and must never be forgotten

saturday is going to be a momentous day, the boys are promoted and we have lots to look forward to, and now things to be grateful for

thanks iwan, and yes, my favourite goals were those at portman road - will always remember them

I too am absolutely gutted that "GOD" is leaving. When I was reading the messages under this headline I had a tear in my eye as I knew we would not be seeing the big man again after saturday. In my eyes he has been Mr Norwich City for the last seven years and will always have a place in my heart.
Good luck Iwan, the whole of Norwich will miss you, especially your gappy smile after you BANG another one in!!!

See Iwan was interviewed for the Academy job but as he wants to keep playing he wasn''t suitable - that''s a real shame coz i am positive Iwan will make a fantastic coach.