Sign in to follow this  
Farmer Canary

Centre Back Who Actually Scores

I think an area which provided with other improvements will really help us improve next season, that is a centre back who actually scores headers.

With hoolahan at last most likely being able to wip in a good corner (no one has done it in years) we need someone like Malky wo will nod it in the back of net.

Doherty and Shackell rarely score.

By having a centre back who can score maybe 5 headers a season just like Malky did then some pressure will be off the strikers.

I think but not certain malky scored 7 goals the season we got promoted. Some of the goals were very crucial as well.

I really hope we do discover a way to score from corners as we hardly do it.

OTBC

[quote user="Farmer Canary"]

With hoolahan at last most likely being able to wip in a good corner (no one has done it in years) we need someone like Malky wo will nod it in the back of net.

OTBC

[/quote]

Clingan takes corners as well

agreed! goals should come from everywhere and a succesful team will chip in with goals from almost every player.

If the midfield could contribute 30 goals between them, a couple of 20 goal strikers each and maybe 10 from the defenders thats 80 goals in a season... i''d hope that would be enough to take the team up.

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

agreed! goals should come from everywhere and a succesful team will chip in with goals from almost every player.

If the midfield could contribute 30 goals between them, a couple of 20 goal strikers each and maybe 10 from the defenders thats 80 goals in a season... i''d hope that would be enough to take the team up.

jas :)

[/quote]

Trouble is, with the strikers on the books presently, I don''t think that they''ve got it in them to score 20 between them. I''ve banged on long enough on this forum about having at least 1 striker who can get 20+ a season

Well obviously it''d be lovely to have prolific strikers but other than that I''d be more worried about having midfielders who can score goals than defenders.