Sign in to follow this  
Eam

Norwich can save £200,000.....

If McKenzie fails to feature in all of the remaining games. He has to have played in 60% of the available Norwich games after he signed from Posh for the add on clause to activate.
If the title is sewn up before the Crewe game I would not be suprised to see Iwan start and Leon not even feature on the bench. Also if he scores another two goals they are due another £100,000.

but then you have to weigh up the pros & cons Eam.

Ok, we could save ourselves some cash - but if seen as not playing him so we don''t give P''boro their ''rightfully'' earned cash, there goes our relationship with our fenland neighbours. The same neighbours that gave us Drury & MacKenzie, and seem to churn out good players on a regular basis. Perhaps not the best long term move.

Besides, it''s a little harsh on the Leon too.

But fair point though - i thought the same

Come on we have got a good reputation at the moment, let''s not spoil it by penny pinching. Let us show people that we honour our deals and give Leon the games, and Peterborough the money they deserve. Barry Fry regularly buys good players at knockdown prices as well as bringing on youngsters, and they subsequently move on to bigger clubs, such as Davies, Etherington, Drury, McKenzie and Bullard. I would rather he recommended good players to Norwich than to any other Premiership team.

I''m with you I hope Posh get their cash, just playing devils advocate! They have a midfielder called Curtis Woodhouse who might be worth looking at, similar in style to Cooper.

I think we have learned by now that Nigel will play the team that is most likely to win the game, and I agree that the POSH have been good to us in the past so trying to save £200K is not really in the equation.

Good call silver fox. As a point of order does anybody know if there are any ex-city players out there with sell on clauses. We let Mills and Aknibiyi go for peanuts and they became ''worth'' millions. Charlton seem to be cashing in like this so why can''t we?

I read somewhere Norwich got more money when Mills went to Leeds.