Sign in to follow this  
cundyno1

Joe Lewis!! Show us the money!!

Could be interesting!! This from todays Sun.

ALEX FERGUSON is trying to tempt his son Darren into making a quick profit by selling goalkeeper Joe Lewis for around £3million.

The Manchester United boss wants the England Under-21 stopper to join his squad and would let No3 keeper Tom Heaton move to Peterborough as part of the deal.

Fergie junior stole a march on his old man and other top bosses when he landed Lewis from Norwich in January for £400,000 — a Posh club record.

Lewis, 20, had a call from Fabio Capello to train with the full England squad before the friendlies against Trinidad and the United States.

Ferguson junior has always said buying Lewis was an investment for the club.

Now dad is giving him the chance to cash in.

Taken from todays Sun.

ALEX FERGUSON is trying to tempt his son Darren into making a quick profit by selling goalkeeper Joe Lewis for around £3million.

The Manchester United boss wants the England Under-21 stopper to join his squad and would let No3 keeper Tom Heaton move to Peterborough as part of the deal.

Fergie junior stole a march on his old man and other top bosses when he landed Lewis from Norwich in January for £400,000 — a Posh club record.

Lewis, 20, had a call from Fabio Capello to train with the full England squad before the friendlies against Trinidad and the United States.

Ferguson junior has always said buying Lewis was an investment for the club.

Now dad is giving him the chance to cash in.

I doubt it very much, somehow.  I think the important part is that

you pulled the article from the Sun website.  Lazier journalism

that Archant, them lot... Besides, Bazza won''t let him go for any less

than £5m [:P]

Don''t we have a ridiculously large sell-on oercentage though?

Do we have a sell-on percentage for Greeno too? Because he doesn''t seem like a happy bunny at the moment although I guess he''s just trying to weedle some more money out of West Ham.

manutd wont sign him yet in my opinion.....

they will most likely snap him up next summer when van der saar retires so he can be back up to ben foster

If that was the case they will buy him now so they can build him for a year rather than bring him in and put him straight in as back up for the biggest club in the country!

manutd wont sign him yet in my opinion.....

they will most likely snap him up next summer when van der saar retires so he can be back up to ben foster

also a good point or even sign him to loan him back and help out his son which also make sense

"Fergie junior stole a march on his old man and other top bosses when he landed Lewis from Norwich in January for £400,000 — a Posh club record."

Yeah of course he did. Anyone who thinks that this wasn''t pre-arranged when Peterborough signed Joe Lewis is being a little naive in my opinion. The only question is how long Lord Purplenose agreed to let his son have custody of Lewis for, I reckon it will be a little longer yet.

i wonder if any of the press will dare to mention nepotism if Sir Alex does buy Lewis. I would be great just to see the colour sir alex turns. 

If this does happen I don''t think we should be celebrating the few hundred thousand we''ll get as an astute piece of business, but rather look at the £3m quid we could have been getting in future if we''d kept him here to battle with Marshall for the number one jersey.

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

"Fergie junior stole a march on his old man and other top bosses when he landed Lewis from Norwich in January for £400,000 — a Posh club record."

Yeah of course he did. Anyone who thinks that this wasn''t pre-arranged when Peterborough signed Joe Lewis is being a little naive in my opinion. The only question is how long Lord Purplenose agreed to let his son have custody of Lewis for, I reckon it will be a little longer yet.

[/quote]So your saying Fergie wanted his son to buy Lewis for £400k with the aim of buying him for Utd for £3million?? Why didn''t Alex just buy him for £400k? and loan him to Peterborough for experiance?

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

Lord Purplenose

[/quote]

Lol! Hahahaha! that just made me laugh in the office.. im getting looks now :|

jas :)

[quote user="ellis206"]So your saying Fergie wanted his son to buy Lewis for £400k with the aim of buying him for Utd for £3million?? Why didn''t Alex just buy him for £400k? and loan him to Peterborough for experiance?[/quote]" Hello Glenn it''s Peterborough here we''re interested in buying young Lewis""He''s a talentented young lad but he''s probably not going to feature much what with us having David Marshall. £400,000 and a hefty sell on clause and maybe we can talk"OR"Hello it''s David Gill here from The Theatre of Dreams. Lord Ferg of Wrigleys is interested in buying young Lewis""Well he''s a very talented young lad, a certainty be England No. 1 one day. Let''s call it £5million shall we."Simple really [;)]