Sign in to follow this  
listen (formerly MG7)

Should Iwan start on Saturday?

It''s going to be the last chance most of us get to see him at Carrow Road, so should he be given a start? Maybe even the captain''s armband?

Or should Worthy stick with Svensson, McKenzie and Huckerby?

Is sentiment a good idea in this climate (chasing the title), or should Iwan start on the bench?

OTBC

Nope - bring him on to a rousing reception. Then possibly take him off before the end to yet more applause. Although coming on as a sub then being substituted may not be the best way to be remembered...

Winning the league is far more important, we''re more likely to score with Svenson in over Roberts therefore he must sit on bench. At this vital time in the clubs history the head must rule over the heart.

But he surely must come on in the last 15 minutes, imagine the awesome standing ovation he''s going to get!

i think he should come on with about 20 minutes to go.then he would get the recpetion that he deserves and wont spend his time worrying about being subed,he will get applause.i cannot tell you enough how much i want to be there on saturday,i can imagine everyone singing for iwan during the whole match now.
also 20 minutes should give him a reasonable chance to score,that would be glorious wouldnt it!!

Would be great to see him given a full 90mins, but I think we all know thats not sensible. No he will have to start on the bench and come on sometime during 2nd half depending on the score. Wouldnt it be great to see him score in his last ever home game. Think he''s got his work cut out to get to his 100 goal target with only 3 games left.
OTBC.

My own opinion would be to start him on the bench. Then, as long as we''re two goals ahead at half time (quite possible given our run of form, and the fact that Preston have nothing to play for), then bring the big man on for the second half. Then take him off with about a minute to go, and just listen to the reception he gets!

No, give him 15 minutes at the end, winning the league is far more important than sentiment, sorry big guy!

No. If we had the title in the bag then yes. We should keep it professional, too much at stake
to let hearts rule over heads. Love him to death though. What a legend.

We must treat it like an ordinary game, but bring him on to a standing ovation near the end, I have got a tear in my eye thinking about it. And I''m a bloke!

Sod it - make him Captain and start with him!! The guy has done SO much for this Club and its a huge shame we haven''t kept him in a coaching role. So, let him start, make him Captain and let him get his appreciation.

I retract my earlier post FatmanFat, I agree with you, it would be a nice touch to make him captain for the game! Keep it low.

If he were to start then the adrenalin rush he would get from the crowd''s reaction would probably be enough to see him through the whole 90 mins. The worst scenario would be for him to be on the bench and come on for only a couple of minutes. I think Worthy realises that the crowd will want to see him on the pitch and he will feature in the game for more than just a last minute substitution to run the clock down.

We owe the big man at least a run-out.
How about, on as a sub with 15mins to go, gets the full standing ovation, and is given the captains armband for the remainder of the game.
Oh yes! And Iwan scores a trademark goal which seals the result.
The crowd go wild, complete with ''blacked out'' front teeth, flammable flags and unofficial shirts!
Brings a tear to the eye just thinking about it

no. we should certainly give him a runout, but not from the start. 45 mins would be great though. hopefully we''ll be able to give him a full runout in the last game of the season. we might not all be able to see it, but i''m sure it would still mean a lot to him.
we should treat crewe like his testimonial though, cos he''s not going to get one.

I think people are being a bit harsh on the Club rumour has it Iwan was interviwed for a coaching job but the man felt he could continue playing and for Norwich that wasnt an option love him to death he is a legend but it would be unfair on the rest of the squad to play him ninety minutes and possibley blow our chance of the title dont thin Iwan would want that

Full 90, captain, standing ovation- the lot!

You''re all acting as if he can''t still a job-HE CAN, he might not be the same as Svennson but he can still do the job.

Personally, i''d have rather he was kept as a player/coach and still playing 15/20 mins per game next season... but can''t have it my own way can I?

IWAN IWAN IWAN

Iwan wants a medal (extra motivation for the others if they needed it) - the way the team is playing should not altered significantly by giving him a start. Perhaps add Jarvis to the bench as well and give the Big Man the last 15 if the result is right (or if we are drawing) but take him off for Jarvis in injury time after his last goal in front of the Barclay wins us the match. There won''t be a dry eye in the house.

You know what, having read all of you peoples'' posts to Iwan over the last couple of days, I think that the heart SHOULD rule the head.

Let''s start with him up front, as captain, then bring him off after about 80 minutes.

It''s not as though he''s useless - he''s actually still quite good! He can definitely do a job for us alongside McKenzie, and to be honest I think he deserves it.

OTBC

Respect, but YES!! Start with him, present him with the armband and make a big deal of it....
take him off after about 15 minutes to a rousing reception. There is, or should be, a place for sentiment.