Sign in to follow this  
Block E Buh

Huckerby Interview on USA TV! Very Funny!

That interview was so bad it was brilliant."You supposedly, according to the internet and our international

sources, are responsible for the greatest goal ever. It was against

Manchester." ***clip shows Huckerby scoring against Birmingham*** "Look

here it is."I thought the funniest part was Darren saying "I won the Championship in my first season, won two Player of the Years.." and seconds later the screen flashes up **DARREN HUCKERBY: 2-TIME NORWICH CITY PLAYER OF THE YEAR** haha!

Gee, he can''t pronounce Norwich like the local of Norwich can.  Whoop de doo.  99% of you can''t pronounce Los Angeles despite it being on TV every day in movies, programs and news.  It is not Los AngeLEEEZZ, it''s Los Angeliss. I doubt there are any threads anywhere in the US beaking off about this, though.  Why do you suppose that is?

You pretend to be upset that Norwich gets mispronounced, but are actually thrilled it is being mentioned on California TV.  Who would know how to pronounce Hellesdon or Wymondham other than someone who has been around them?

As for Norwich, Connecticut, that is not the only Norwich in the US.  I actually met a guy from Norwich CT and when he said the name of the town, it sounded like he pronounced it the right way, so I was surprised.  Then he said it again and I realized it was just his thick New England accent that made it sound right, but he really was saying the "w" sound.

There is a Norwich in N Dakota and one in Kansas, and I am sure I have seen the name in at least one other state at some point, but maybe not.  Gee, an American knew about Norwichs that the English didn''t.  Considering how ignorant I am, you must feel really dumb!