Sign in to follow this  
Block E Buh

Huckerby Interview on USA TV! Very Funny!

It''s funny, I remember on Skysports news, one of the pundits (an ex footy player, can''t remember which one), implied that Hucks was not the sharpest tool in the shed, his exact words I believe. Well, I think he comes across quite well in interviews, he seems a decent chap and has more personality than most players. Did anyone else hear this comment?

[quote user="Marty"]It''s funny, I remember on Skysports news, one of the pundits (an ex footy player, can''t remember which one), implied that Hucks was not the sharpest tool in the shed, his exact words I believe. Well, I think he comes across quite well in interviews, he seems a decent chap and has more personality than most players. Did anyone else hear this comment?[/quote]

His nick name at Man City was Magnus Magnusson!!

You can understand them mis pronouncing Norfolk and Norwich.....but Milan?

He probably thinks it''s somewhere in Spain, bless em all.

The Yanks are so frickin stupid. - Freeza

Way to go, dummy.  You are too stupid to understand that a lot of American local sports programming is done in a very relaxed and fun way.  The host doesn''t pretend to be an expert on soccer of Huckerby, he just has a fun interview that attracts more viewers than a serious boring British interview would have.

Obviously the information he had was limited, but he payed off of that, which made it even funnier. Are you so full of envy and hatred for my country that you can''t see the bloody obvious?  It looks to me like the Brits are the stupid ones if you can''t. Besides, when is the British Space Shuttle going into space again?

[quote user="Houston Canary"]

It looks to me like the Brits are the stupid ones if you can''t. Besides, when is the British Space Shuttle going into space again?

[/quote]

It will be launhed into space when Hollywood can fake us a trip to the moon, just like they did for you!!!

Way to go, dummy.  You are too stupid to understand that a lot of American local sports programming is done in a very relaxed and fun way.  The host doesn''t pretend to be an expert on soccer of Huckerby, he just has a fun interview that attracts more viewers than a serious boring British interview would have.

Obviously the information he had was limited, but he payed off of that, which made it even funnier. Are you so full of envy and hatred for my country that you can''t see the bloody obvious?  It looks to me like the Brits are the stupid ones if you can''t. Besides, when is the British Space Shuttle going into space again?

[/quote]

You''re determined to make this light hearted thread as unpleasant as the other one aren''t you. Please don''t bother.

[/quote]

Houston, please stop acting as the voice of the US.  I don''t agree with most of what you say and it is way past the point of embarassment.

Lets not pigeon hole the entire country based on Gary Radnich and Houston canary please!

-Bigus

NY Canary, you wimped out of the other debate, which is your prerogative, but don''t tell me how to enjoy my day poking fun at ignorant blowhards who make baseless inaccurate derogatory comments they never expect to get challenged on.  I am highly amused, and I hope at least some of the readers who are smart enough to see my  points mixed with sarcasm are enjoying it too.  Your cowering out of it is an embarrassment to me, so I guess we are even, now.

As for McDougall Sperm, if your friends were making anti-France or anti-Lebanon or anti-S America or anything else comments, I would not be as participatory as I am, but I would still find it offensive that a dimwit thinks he can paint an entire nation with one stroke and not be called on it so I would have fun ripping them apart in public.  But they make anti-US comments because that is the popular thing to do because the world loves to try to find reasons the feel better about itself by thinking it is better than the US.  We don''t compare oourselved to others, we just do our thing and like it.

NY Canary, you wimped out of the other debate, which is your prerogative, but don''t tell me how to enjoy my day poking fun at ignorant blowhards who make baseless inaccurate derogatory comments they never expect to get challenged on.  I am highly amused, and I hope at least some of the readers who are smart enough to see my  points mixed with sarcasm are enjoying it too.  Your cowering out of it is an embarrassment to me, so I guess we are even, now.

As for McDougall Sperm, if your friends were making anti-France or anti-Lebanon or anti-S America or anything else comments, I would not be as participatory as I am, but I would still find it offensive that a dimwit thinks he can paint an entire nation with one stroke and not be called on it so I would have fun ripping them apart in public.  But they make anti-US comments because that is the popular thing to do because the world loves to try to find reasons the feel better about itself by thinking it is better than the US.  We don''t compare oourselved to others, we just do our thing and like it.

[/quote]

Fair enough, you can think what you want - but I just thought that I''d point out that you are painting the US in simple strokes yourself and that, actually, you aren''t painting the America I know. I therefore thought I should point out that I know a ton of Americans (some of my better mates as it happens) who certainly wouldn''t agree with a lot of what you''ve said - about Britain or America.

But, like you say, you can say what you want, we both live in free countries[;)], but I thought I should add a bit of complexity to the one stroke picture of America that you were painting. [;)][:)] 

Houston, I''m not able to stoop to your level to engage in a debate with you so I will put it like this:  What you call "sarcasm" is actually the entire message board community laughing at you, as you play up to the "Ignorant American" stereotype that people like me have been working hard to dispel.  Your "challenges" have been picked apart, quite thoroughly, yet you keep coming back for more.  If I really thought you were a wind-up merchant, just playing to the crowd, I would watch in amusement, but you seem to believe the drivel you spout.  That is scary and helps explain the political mess we find ourselves in.

Chris....Radnich is ONE idiot. The Earthquakes get 17,000 to hime games and have a few supporters groups of hardcore fans. many fans from South America who live in the area. He will be appreciated. Footy getting exposure is a new thing here and morons like Radnich are rare.

Exactly what political mess are we in?  You come across as a left wing bleeding heart, so whatever your answer is will be nonsensicla emotioanlism.  I have argued with facts and intelligence, so attempts to pick me apart have been fully countered and then some.  My comments are not at all ignorant, although as McDougall Sperm points out, they may be a little broad.  But that is with a purpose, to counter the sweeping generalizations made by know-nothing blowhards who don''t expect to be challenged when they share their thoughts.

I absolutely do particiapte in this because it winds people up, and that amuses me.  But I also believe what I write.  I keep pointing out plain and simple obvious facts, such as the US culture is the dominant one today, and people don''t want to admit it even if they know it is true.  So I yank their chains, and they answer back with rhetoric, emotion, misinformation, or isolated incidents which they then assume applies to all of us.

Hey, I even admitted I was there to create a firestorm, and still the people jumped in.  Why you think that makes me look ignorant is beyond me.  I didn''t take the bait.

No, Bigass, guys like Radnich are not rare.  Many American local sports programmers are light hearted self-effacing clownish types who have fun with the job because that appeals to the viewer.  Many of the comments here are about how funny it was while stupidly thinking Radnich is a moron because they want to believe it.  I doubt he is a dunce, he just plays one on TV.  And it is appealing.  If you had some reporters like that in England, you might actually enjoy watching sports reports because afterall, it is JUST A GAME.  So why not have fun with it?

Houston, I live in New York and have no knowledge of the stupidity of the average Texan but I can tell you that TV presenters and producers here do their homework. I can speak from experience as I work for one of the largest Television comanies in the World.

No.  An election is coming up, but it is not  a mess, at least not yet. Iraq is going very well since the surge has brought down violence by about 90%.  Unemployment is low.  Gas prices suck, but we still pay much less than they do in England.   What problem to do we have that is considered a mess?  The rest of the world resents us?  No kidding, when haven''t they?  And who really cares?  They resent us because we got it and they don''t. Tough noogies for them.

OK< Radnich was not well prepared, but to say he is an idiot is idiotic. He comes across to me a lot like Chris Berman does, and that guy is really very sharp despite the jovial way he acts on camera.

Were you not allowed to watch local sports reports while over there?  There are guys like Radnich in every town on every station.  The ones who are most likely the dunces are the talking head empty suits who read the news, not the sports guys.

"Gas prices suck, but we still pay much less than they do in England."But you unfortunately have to put twice as much in a tank to go half as far...

Sorry Houston. Don''t agree. I watch lots of local sports here. I am a big Yankees and Rangers fan. I eat, sleep and breathe local sports. I also know how professional our affilate stations all over this country are. Gary R is an idiot. Only an idiot would interview a footballer without checking his facts or preparing questions that make sense. But it is not a huge surprise as he works for an NBC affiliate. This is partly why NBC are number 3 and considered a bit of a joke when it comes to news programming.

-Bigus out.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]No.  An election is coming up, but it is not  a mess, at least not yet. Iraq is going very well since the surge has brought down violence by about 90%.  Unemployment is low.  Gas prices suck, but we still pay much less than they do in England.   What problem to do we have that is considered a mess?  The rest of the world resents us?  No kidding, when haven''t they?  And who really cares?  They resent us because we got it and they don''t. Tough noogies for them.[/quote]

I wouldn''t get onto politics. You''ll lose that one like WMDs.

Very good. Can''t wait to go over and have look at SAAAAN JOSSSE. The bloke wouldn''t lookout of place on Look East with his bad hosting.