Sign in to follow this  

Stefanovic and Omozusi loan - official

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"][quote user="Bravo win or die"]Well done Glenn. The squad is slowing shaping up now. Another 3-4 players and i personally believe we have a good squad.[/quote]

Totally agree. Our defence is a lot stronger now than I can remember it being in quite some time with plenty of depth all around. Our midfield is strong already - if we can sign a keeper and two good strikers then I''ll be quite happy.
[/quote]

Do you not wish to comment on the role of the board - on funding of these playing additions?[:|]

[quote user="Dionysus"]

Can''t say that I''m particularly excited by these signings. Players that can''t get into a poor Premiership team are not likely to stand out too much in the Championship. Not exactly breaking the bank either so the reference to them being funded by the board is worrying. Thank you Delia for rejecting £20m and throwing us a few peanuts.

[/quote]

Omozusi has a touch of the Bertrand''s. Unknown but may go back being wanted! As for Stefanovic. I bet most teams in this league would have him. 2 yrs ago was Pompeys player of the year. he fell out with Hodgson (who is making some impressive signings). Im surprised WBA/Stoke/Hull and a few others didnt go for him.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"][quote user="Bravo win or die"]Well done Glenn. The squad is slowing shaping up now. Another 3-4 players and i personally believe we have a good squad.[/quote]Totally agree. Our defence is a lot stronger now than I can remember it being in quite some time with plenty of depth all around. Our midfield is strong already - if we can sign a keeper and two good strikers then I''ll be quite happy. [/quote]

Do you not wish to comment on the role of the board - on funding of these playing additions?[:|]

[/quote]I think they''ve said it all themselves, Mello.

Signings done, time for the pub.

I shall be in the office tomorrow afternoon to provide updates from Sweden.

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

Signings done, time for the pub.

I shall be in the office tomorrow afternoon to provide updates from Sweden.

[/quote]

I hope that''s done for today and not just done.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"][quote user="Dionysus"]

Can''t say that I''m particularly excited by these signings. Players that can''t get into a poor Premiership team are not likely to stand out too much in the Championship. Not exactly breaking the bank either so the reference to them being funded by the board is worrying. Thank you Delia for rejecting £20m and throwing us a few peanuts.

[/quote]

I don''t exactly know what it is you expect. Do you expect world class players? I''m sure Chelsea would be a more suitable team to support if so.

These players are good signings on paper.
[/quote]

I don''t exactly know what I was expecting either. Maybe I harboured the tiniest hope that we would spend some proper cash on a player or two this summer. Personally I think our squad is still miles away from being anything like promotion contenders. However, if we are taking players just to keep us in the division, then a striker or two and we should be there.

very pleased with this news.. defence now sorted for me. Stefanovic is always a professional and the games i saw of Omozusi last season, he shows real promise. Can also play center so fantastic. Strikers now please :)

Oh happy days!

"Roeder''s team" starting to take shape - as already mentioned a couple of strikers would be fantastic 

Two good little signings, One more CB and our defense will be sorted IMO.

All thats left is a striker (and another loan one ideally) and some back up to Marshall.

I gotta admit reading that article pointing out the board coughed up the money seemed a bit of a desperate move.

Great signings, about time they became official... despite this club being on almost total media lock-down, we''ve still managed to get wind of each signing in advance, usually by a good few days...With regards the comments about the board''s contributions, this does seem somewhat desperate, although I still wonder whether its simply a hint of what the Turners have been getting up to this summer.  We''ve bid on a number of players recently, not just these two, and I doubt that they''ve just bunged in a little bit each and said "here, go get Steve and the other lad from Fulham"... intriguing....

Get in! much needed! now get Cork in and our back line is complete!  Omozuzi is a quality signing if my Norwich FM file is anything to go by (sorry!) but seriously, when i have seen the guy in real life, he looks great, just like Bertrand, but less attacking, right-footed and bigger, still qucik and clever on the ball for a defender though

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Get in! much needed! now get Cork in and our back line is complete!  Omozuzi is a quality signing if my Norwich FM file is anything to go by (sorry!) but seriously, when i have seen the guy in real life, he looks great, just like Bertrand, but less attacking, right-footed and bigger, still qucik and clever on the ball for a defender though
[/quote]

Jack Cork is a central midfielder who can play in defence if needed

Chuffed with this! Dejan is one of my favourite ever Prem players! Think he''s a great buy.

Don''t know much about Omozusi but he adds much needed strength in depth for our defence so well done Glenn and the board.

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]Just remember this will have cost absolutely fuck all!!When the board actually spend real ambition money I will believe them!![/quote]Why be negative? who cares how much they cost, they are both quality signings, I am really really chuffed with stefanovic really surprised another premiership club didn''t snap him up, get a couple of strikers in now and I really think we can push for promotion!

"Oh...and we are NOT ''Delia Smith''s Norwich City'' thank you very much!

Norwich City on it''s own is just fine![:@]"

Here, Here

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]Just remember this will have cost absolutely fuck all!!

When the board actually spend real ambition money I will believe them!!
[/quote]

They are playing for free? That shows how keen they are to come to Norwich!

Or could it be that even after all these years it still hasn''t sunk in that for many players the wages are much bigger than any fee paid!

It''s good to see some positives on the mesage board for once. Totally agree, things are starting to shape up. Well done GR and the Board, now for some strikers.