Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

my the board ARE rattled!

Having just read the press release regarding players - you realise just how desperate the board are feeling and how desperately they are clutching hold of power. Yet the PR could backfire- it makes it sound like there is NO transfer budget (which is palpable nonsense for a raft of reasons) and it assumes fans are stupid. I mean so what if they bought Stefanbovic?- 20million would have bought many more besides.I actually feal a little sorry for them- they cannot hope to compete with Peter Callum and he knows it. That is why he waits in the wings...I suggest they eat humble pie and work with him- else they could really feel the heat soon.

That press release on the offical board really does smack of fear and desperation....hmmm all is not steady at the helm I fear. And it shows they are very worried as to fan backlash..........I feel the season will prove interesting in many ways,

Well Vicar I can only deduce that you are a  woman as only a woman could read the press release and read sooooooooooo much between the lines, LOL!!!

[;)]

OTBC

i had an e mail from doomy ref the lack of players and cullum, all he said was so what do you think was cullums offer? my response was it would be nice to know as everything at the club is so secretive. still awaiting a further reply. as for players it was he HOPES we have some signings before the season starts so dont know whats really going on there.

no all man here- grrrrrrrrrr! Tiger!" and its not between the lines but IN them. Honest I have never read such a blatantly insecure press release. How many mentions of the board and their generosity?

[quote user="vicar in green and yellow"]no all man here- grrrrrrrrrr! Tiger!" and its not between the lines but IN them. Honest I have never read such a blatantly insecure press release. How many mentions of the board and their generosity?[/quote]

Of course it is PR Vicar just as Cullum was PR.  I was about to say that you must lead a cloistered existence but then thought better of it...........................

I think that''s the first time I have ever seen a Press release described as "blatantly insecure."  We have shorter words for this but of course a man of the Cloth would not be expected to use same.

It''s a game and I''m not talking about the football.

[quote user="vicar in green and yellow"]

Having just read the press release regarding players - you realise just how desperate the board are feeling and how desperately they are clutching hold of power. Yet the PR could backfire- it makes it sound like there is NO transfer budget (which is palpable nonsense for a raft of reasons) and it assumes fans are stupid. I mean so what if they bought Stefanbovic?- 20million would have bought many more besides.I actually feal a little sorry for them- they cannot hope to compete with Peter Callum and he knows it. That is why he waits in the wings...I suggest they eat humble pie and work with him- else they could really feel the heat soon.

That press release on the offical board really does smack of fear and desperation....hmmm all is not steady at the helm I fear. And it shows they are very worried as to fan backlash..........I feel the season will prove interesting in many ways,

[/quote]

I''m afraid she/they having been taking the proverbial out of City fans since the day she/they moved in. Only now are the majority beginning to see throught it all and it will be too little to late short of unlikely promotion possibilities. If the team fails to impress early on, the more vocal supporters in the ground will begin calling for her head....and won''t be "shushed" by the disapproving luvvies this time.

I suspect it will all get pretty ugly....but better that than another season or more of stagnation (at best).....

Yes very interesting they rammed that point home.  It meakes for an interesting few weeks.  If we now only sign cheapies and freebies then you know we are totally broke.  If we sign 2 decent strikers (read 2-4 million) then you know we arent!

[/quote]

[quote user="Ex-greenoschin"]

Well Vicar I can only deduce that you are a  woman as only a woman could read the press release and read sooooooooooo much between the lines, LOL!!!

[;)]

OTBC

[/quote]Hmm, getting emotional over a simple post sounds far more womanly to me [:P]

[quote user="camuldonum"]

[quote user="vicar in green and yellow"]no all man here- grrrrrrrrrr! Tiger!" and its not between the lines but IN them. Honest I have never read such a blatantly insecure press release. How many mentions of the board and their generosity?[/quote]

Of course it is PR Vicar just as Cullum was PR.  I was about to say that you must lead a cloistered existence but then thought better of it...........................

I think that''s the first time I have ever seen a Press release described as "blatantly insecure."  We have shorter words for this but of course a man of the Cloth would not be expected to use same.

It''s a game and I''m not talking about the football.

[/quote]I can see they''re spinning, but I have no idea what''s really going on [:P]

[;)]

OTBC

[/quote]

Honestly, you don''t have to be Sherlock Holmes, Batman or indeed a woman to figure out what''s going on in this press release. Read between the lines indeed....not hard when there''s 60ft chasm between each line!

Perhaps they are keeping their powder dry for something much bigger/more expensive later on ?

No mustn''t consider that !

We can''t let it get in the way of a good old Board bashing thread can we ? Carry on !

[;)]

OTBC

[/quote]

Therefore, I deduce that you''re a hermaphrodite - because you choose to ignore reading between the lines - and are somewhat disgruntled because of the distinct lack of lovely pictures of the NCFC board handing over an oversize cheque to Glenn .....

[8]Ting Tong? - Tong Ting? That Board apologist - Ex greenoschin.[8][:|]

[quote user="Gorleston Jim"]

Perhaps they are keeping their powder dry for something much bigger/more expensive later on ?

We can''t let it get in the way of a good old Board bashing thread can we ? Carry on !

[/quote]

Even IF true it is a very very very very poor piece of PR.

[/quote]

Board bashing? I''ll never get bored of board bashing......Personally, because I believe they deserve it!

I''m not an opportunist board-basher.....I''ve been bashing the board for many a year now.

How many managerial appointments since the onset of their tenure? Is that an indication of a Board of Directionless that knows what it is doing?..... There, just thought I''d do as you ask.

Any major changes within the boardroom since the onset of their tenure? Turners for Skipjack, little disruption there then.

Another decade of their tenure......Oh Dear!

Excellent post - exactly what i thought when i read it.

For me the biggest kick in the teeth today was watching us being financially out-muscled by Stockport County. Definitely not PC!!!

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Gorleston Jim"]

[/quote]

Board bashing? I''ll never get bored of board bashing......Personally, because I believe they deserve it!

I''m not an opportunist board-basher.....I''ve been bashing the board for many a year now.

How many managerial appointments since the onset of their tenure? Is that an indication of a Board of Directionless that knows what it is doing?..... There, just thought I''d do as you ask.

Any major changes within the boardroom since the onset of their tenure? Turners for Skipjack, little disruption there then.

[/quote]

Nice one Mellow,  I''m a Bored Board Basher, ha ha, first time I''ve had three Bs at anything !

Mellow my son may I I refer you to Matthew 16:8. It may help you through this difficult decade of tenure ! Amen

What an amazing thing to say in a press release. "you lucky punters, your board has found some moey to buy players"

Just another event to add to the list of "Reasons why we cant run a football club "

[quote user="JC"]Yes very interesting they rammed that point home.  It meakes for an interesting few weeks.  If we now only sign cheapies and freebies then you know we are totally broke.  If we sign 2 decent strikers (read 2-4 million) then you know we arent!

[/quote][/quote]

I''m curious that you think decent strikers are only ones that cost £2-4m. Hoolahan for 250k or Halmosi for 2m? Lisbie or Lupoli?  If you go on value alone, then Hucks and Dion were crap, right? I''m not trying to make a wider point, just that the value on a player isn''t necessarily an indication of how good he is. How many players in that price bracket have Ipswich signed since their sugar daddy came in? Do you think they had their sights set as high as Lisbie?

[quote user="Gorleston Jim"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Gorleston Jim"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Nice one Mellow,  I''m a Bored Board Basher, ha ha, first time I''ve had three Bs at anything !

Mellow my son may I I refer you to Matthew 16:8. It may help you through this difficult decade of tenure ! Amen

[/quote]

Gallstone Quim, my hermaphrodite, (do you read between the lines?) ......I don''t actually do religion, (no piccies in the Bible). I think we will all soon be familiar with three B''s......There will be I predict, an abundance of the ''freebies'' at Carra.

Awomen.....(Let''s not be sexist).[:|]

Not that I''m entirely interested.....But if you want to, you can explain to me what Matthew 16:8 states? And how it will help me through the thought of another ten year tenure - of ''Deals no Deals'' and her loyal Disciples at Buttress Carra Rud? 

Ha Ha Sollow Bellow, you one of the few on here that make me laugh !

I don''t do religion either, with or with out pictures, but I thought as the thread was originated by the Vicar it would be appropriate to . . . . . .  .Ah well maybe not !

I''m sure someone will enlighten you. Time for us oldies to go to bed !

Ha Ha Sollow Bellow, you one of the few on here that make me laugh !

I don''t do religion either, with or with out pictures, but I thought as the thread was originated by the Vicar it would be appropriate to . . . . . .  .Ah well maybe not !

I''m sure someone will enlighten you. Time for us oldies to go to bed !

[/quote]

Goodnight Gallstones......and you being a hermaphrodite, tuck yerself in tight - and mind the meat an'' two veg don''t bite!......[;)]

I agree with the original poster - this definitely seems to be a case of the board trying to win over the fans again by making it seem to us that we should all be saying "gee, thanks" for signing these two fine players. Can you really imagine Dejan sitting down with the pr guy at Norwich and saying: "We want to be playing Premiership football again as soon as possible

and I would like to do that with Delia Smith''s Norwich City." It''s just not natural to say that. If "Delia Smith" wasn''t inserted into that quote I''m a Dutchman. How many times have you heard John Terry say "Abramovitch''s Chelsea" for example. Or Ferguson say Glazers'' Manchester United. It just doesn''t happen.

[quote user="Mike Abram"]I agree with the original poster - this definitely seems to be a case of the board trying to win over the fans again by making it seem to us that we should all be saying "gee, thanks" for signing these two fine players.

Can you really imagine Dejan sitting down with the pr guy at Norwich and saying: "We want to be playing Premiership football again as soon as possible and I would like to do that with Delia Smith''s Norwich City." It''s just not natural to say that. If "Delia Smith" wasn''t inserted into that quote I''m a Dutchman. How many times have you heard John Terry say "Abramovitch''s Chelsea" for example. Or Ferguson say Glazers'' Manchester United. It just doesn''t happen.

[/quote]

No I can''t imagine it. Neither can I imagine Charlie George saying on the eve of the Arsenal "double": "This is the most important game of my life.  No one can imagine what it means for me, how important it is for me.  I never imagined being in this situation in my life.  It is such a fabulous feeling - I cannot begin to explain how good that feeling is.  All I want to do is go out there and do it, not just for me but for the team, for the fans and for the boss.  It could be a little bit of history and I want to be part of it."

The actual question I asked at a hotel in Hertfordshire was:

"Charlie: This must surely be the most important game in your life?"

Charlie: "Yeah."

I took the advice of the (then) Arsenal Chairman, part of the Hill-Wood dynasty.

"How did it go old boy he inquired" cheerfully.

"Not, too well," I said.

Mr H-W (helpfully): "I''d make it up if I were you.  Charlie doesn''t read any too well, either."

And so I did.

I think I must be the only one who sees the funny side of the statement from the club. You lot need to get a sense of humour.

[quote user="Mike Abram"]I agree with the original poster - this definitely seems to be a case of the board trying to win over the fans again by making it seem to us that we should all be saying "gee, thanks" for signing these two fine players.

Can you really imagine Dejan sitting down with the pr guy at Norwich and saying: "We want to be playing Premiership football again as soon as possible and I would like to do that with Delia Smith''s Norwich City." It''s just not natural to say that. If "Delia Smith" wasn''t inserted into that quote I''m a Dutchman. How many times have you heard John Terry say "Abramovitch''s Chelsea" for example. Or Ferguson say Glazers'' Manchester United. It just doesn''t happen.

[/quote]

Technical note only: City''s press officer tonight was a gal, not a guy.

And very nice she is to this Old Chap!