Sign in to follow this  
TheCardinal

Kieran Gibbs to return after Euros?

[quote user="1st Wizard"]God, I do so hope not!.[:(][/quote]Why not Wiz? Young player with potential... Would be behind Hoolahan in the queue for a left-wing berth... Think he''s a better option than any of Lappin, Eagle or Pattison (who are all relatively defensive players)

But it would another ''kiddie'' loan Stephen and he needs to bulk out a bit imo, plus he''ll bugger off like Evans did in the end.

I disagree I would play all three of those before Gibbs he was really one of those nothing players, unless Roeder saw something in him in training last season that we didn''t see on the pitch I just think it would be a waste of money.

Probably better to Either play Bertrand if Drury is Fit or Pattison if we have a right wing option of Bell , Croft or Chadwick Like last seasons one wing formation.

Saying that I thought Bentley was nothing special and now hes apparently worth 15M so what do I know.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]But it would another ''kiddie'' loan Stephen and

he needs to bulk out a bit imo, plus he''ll bugger off like

Evans did in the end.[/quote]

Wiz, have you recently gone through a break-up or something? You seem

very emotional about these young lads with commitment issues... for

what its worth, I reckon its them, not you....

Gibbs was shocking last season.. he looked like he didnt want to be here....

and do we need ANOTHER midfielder?

jas :)

[quote user="KeelansGlove"]

I disagree I would play all three of those before Gibbs he was really one of those nothing players, unless Roeder saw something in him in training last season that we didn''t see on the pitch I just think it would be a waste of money.

Probably better to Either play Bertrand if Drury is Fit or Pattison if we have a right wing option of Bell , Croft or Chadwick Like last seasons one wing formation.

Saying that I thought Bentley was nothing special and now hes apparently worth 15M so what do I know.

[/quote]

You would play Eagle above Gibbs? is that a joke?

Croft, Chadwick, Patterson, Fotheringham, Clingon, Bell, Rusty, Hollihan, Lapin (possibly Bertrand) = 10

v

Cureton, Martin. = 2

Do we really need Gibbs as well!                                                                  

Nope twas not a joke I thought Gibbs was without doubt the poorest Loanee we had last season completely pointless and the only reason he got a game was so Roeder wouldn''t look bad in the eyes of Wenger re further loans.

I believe Eagle may have once had a game and looked half decent. although with the number of midfielders we are likely to have either scenario is unlikely.

Hope not cause last season he was so poor it was embarrassing, then having to listen to the "he''ll be good in the future, hes from Arsenal" brigade trying to defend the total no end product loan spell he had with us, just about topped things off!

Only kept being played so Roeder wouldn''t fall out with Wenger and playing him alongside other poor young loan players was the reason we went from touching distance of the play offs to struggling to stay up right until the end of the season!

To be fair he wasn''t our poorest loan player as James Henry from Reading was even worse!

People have compared him to Bentleys spell with us but thats totally unfair on Bentley cause he did produce in some games and showed so much more willingness than what Gibbs did!

[quote user="scott"]

Only kept being played so Roeder wouldn''t fall out with Wenger

[/quote]Yet more proof that if a rumour gets repeated enough on here people start believing it despite the fact there are no facts to back it up [:|].Shack Attack is the most kind, considerate and adventurous lover in all of EnglandShack Attack is the most kind, considerate and adventurous lover in all of EnglandShack Attack is the most kind, considerate and adventurous lover in all of EnglandShack Attack is the most kind, considerate and adventurous lover in all of EnglandShack Attack is the most kind, considerate and adventurous lover in all of EnglandShack Attack is the most kind, considerate and adventurous lover in all of EnglandShack Attack is the most kind, considerate and adventurous lover in all of EnglandShack Attack is the most kind, considerate and adventurous lover in all of EnglandShack Attack is the most kind, considerate and adventurous lover in all of England[;)]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Gibbs was shocking last season.. he looked like he didnt want to be here....

and do we need ANOTHER midfielder?

jas :)

[/quote]

Totally agree.................showed no commitment at all...........................anyway,,,we have enough midfielders

[quote]Shack Attack is the most kind, considerate and adventurous lover in all of England
Shack Attack is the most kind, considerate and adventurous lover in all of England
Shack Attack is the most kind, considerate and adventurous lover in all of England
Shack Attack is the most kind, considerate and adventurous lover in all of England[/quote]

Ridiculous, that''s me.

Get him here. He will be better and will improve our squad. His best position is in a whole behind the front 2 and could be the player along with Martin that could help unlock defences.

[quote user="baldyboy"]so which midfielders will be leaving then? croft, russell or fozzy? or all 3 maybe?[/quote]

Good point. If we have signed Bell and Gibbs is returning you would have to expect some departures - I still think Lappin will go and probably either Russell or Croft.

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="scott"]

Only kept being played so Roeder wouldn''t fall out with Wenger

[/quote]

Yet more proof that if a rumour gets repeated enough on here people start believing
 it despite the fact there are no facts to back it up [:|].

[;)]

[/quote] Its only how it looked from where I was standing and many others thought the same as well!

Could you please explain then why was it that Gibbs was continually poor yet was often played in front of better players like Croft, Hucks and Russell?

Just cause hes from Arsenal doesn''t mean hes any good!! 

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

Ridiculous, that''s me.

[/quote]

I have heard you called many things blahx3 but I think ridiculous is not one of them...

[quote user="scott"]

Could you please explain then why was it that Gibbs was continually poor yet was often played in front of better players like Croft, Hucks and Russell?

[/quote]

Thought that in the last home game he was finally showing his worth and we looked a better team with him in the middle than rusty.  He is lightweight but also has some class and we have not seen the best of him.  I would rather risk a fee getting him working in our midfield that spending £50k to much on thompson that pretty much no one wants...

[quote user="scott"]

[/quote]Nope, but then the burden of proof is not on me as I''m not the one making unfounded allegations.