Sign in to follow this  
Lincs CR

Today's game against Ahlafors IF

Anyone know much about this team? Only heard of them before but know relatively nothing about their squad etc

Also, is it at 2:00 or 3:00 UK time? All I know is it is at 16:00 CET, when it comes to time zone I know very little ^_^

Kick off will be at 3pm BST since Sweden is only an hour ahead...Other than that... not the foggiest! T''interweb holds few clues too... well, English ones...

Division 2 is the fourth level in the league system of Swedish football and comprises 72 Swedish football teams. Division 2 had status as the official second level from 1928 to 1986, but was replaced by Division 1 in 1987. It then had status as the official third level until 2005, but was replaced once again by the recreated Division 1 in 2006.

[edit] The competition

There are 72 clubs in Division 2, divided in six groups of 12 teams each representing a geographical area. During the course of a season (starting in April and ending in October) each club plays the others twice, once at their home stadium and once at that of their opponents, for a total of 22 games. At the end of each season the two lowest placed teams of each group are relegated to Division 3 and the twelve winning teams from the twelve Division 3 leagues are promoted in their place while the third lowest placed teams in the Division 2 leagues plays promotion/relegation play-offs against the twelve second placed teams in Division 3. The top team in each Division 2 group is promoted to Division 1 and the three lowest placed teams from each Division 1 league are relegated in their place.

not sure whether they''re fully pro or not, probaly semi-pro

Sorry to confuse the issue, but I thought Central European Time was 2 hours ahead of BST, so it''s worth checking. Sky Sports has it down for 2pm statrt. There isn''t continuous Radio Naaarfok coverage but for us locals the Sports Programme will be giving regualr updates.

Read in the pink''un article that the team we are playing are part timers, then again the same could have been said for most of the norwich squad last season.

Ok these are part timers and play in the fourth highest league, probably equivilent on the Ryman League or Conference North/South.

Then the team on Tuesday are around 6th in the second highest league, probably equivilent of league one.

Chris Goreham has mentioned the name of a trialist on the teamsheet.

Using the ever-reliable Football manager 2008 database - it''s sounds like this player,

Claris Makiesse - right-midfielder from Congo - has been playing in Greek football?, that is if i''ve heard the name right?

Take it this is him...[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamulete_Makiese]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamulete_Makiese[/url]

[quote user="PBTC"]Take it this is him...

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamulete_Makiese]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamulete_Makiese[/url]
[/quote]

Yes that seems to be the one the way Goreham pronounced it anyway.

[quote user="Carrow Roeder"]Anyone know much about this team? Only heard of them before but know relatively nothing about their squad etc Also, is it at 2:00 or 3:00 UK time? All I know is it is at 16:00 CET, when it comes to time zone I know very little ^_^[/quote]

I understand that they''re Swedes, and also part-timer''s - so let''s hope they turnip for the match.......and I''m sugar we''ll beet them!