Sign in to follow this  
City 2nd

FINANCES

So what is going on........to quote the club web site the deals for the two Fulham players has been financed by the SMITHS/TURNERS and FOULGER.

Where has all the money gone.........and why could a deal not have been struck with Peter CULLUM who himself was willing to invest on the playing side.........

It appears there is no transfer kitty available to Roeder, so are any more signings going to be made........I now have my doubts.

[quote user="percyp"]

So what is going on........to quote the club web site the deals for the two Fulham players has been financed by the SMITHS/TURNERS and FOULGER.

Where has all the money gone.........and why could a deal not have been struck with Peter CULLUM who himself was willing to invest on the playing side.........

It appears there is no transfer kitty available to Roeder, so are any more signings going to be made........I now have my doubts.

[/quote]why does it appear the case? has he finished spending yet?? we may not be the richest club in the league but we need a hell of a lot of players..........that in itsself could add up to a couple of million..........we let players go, we didn''t SELL any.......I''m sure Glenn has some plan up his sleeve.

Its well documented that Championship clubs either make a loss or minimal profit so surely any transfer budget would come fom the directors anyway.  Its just a different way of publicising our normal dealings. 

I expect us to sign at least 2 strikers before the season starts.  I would then feel quietly confident about the squad.

Who cares what the transfer budget is?  If we keep signing quality like Stefanovic, Hoolahan and Bertrand  the squad will be very competitive.  Yes we still need a strike force worthy of the description but if we can get them for next to nothing it shows what could be achieved.

Transfer spin galore coming out of Carrow Road with the laying it on thick about who paid for them.

Thank you so much Delia and Tina Turner. With these Fulham has-beens and youngsters you are really spoiling us.

What about 20k season tickets sales, where does that money go?

I think so far Glenn has done very well in the transfer market. Get in another 3-4 quality players and we have a good squad. Im feeling a lot more optimistic now.

[quote user="Grando"]Transfer spin galore coming out of Carrow Road with the laying it on thick about who paid for them. Thank you so much Delia and Tina Turner. With these Fulham has-beens and youngsters you are really spoiling us.[/quote]

I will re-phrase the post from Mr Optimism himself...Thanks Delia and Sharon for the international quality, highly exprienced center half, and thanks for the highly rated young right back who most fans believe is on the verge of the first team at Fulham.

Honestly mate, Omizusi (?) could be the next Micah Hyde in the prem season after next, you know nothing about the lad so why bother judging until you have seen him.  Had you seen Bertrand before last season or Ched Evans, no, thought so.

Now if you cant say something constructive shut up and say nothing at all.

Fair point Carlos - Personally I dont think many of us have an issue with the signings - just the way that we have a strapline of the directors paid for this!!!!! Was nice to hear 5/6 seasons ago when Delia did the same with Anselin - but to come a week or so after the fans have high hopes (rightly or wrongly) of a £20m spend on players then it is just bad PR.

If we go on to sign a striker for £1-£2m+ then the directors can highlight themselves as partially funding the deal - but to do it for a purchase of circa £200K when with £20m you could do that 100 times just feels like a kick in the balls and teeth and arse and eyeball and stomach.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Who cares what the transfer budget is?  If we keep signing quality like Stefanovic, Hoolahan and Bertrand  the squad will be very competitive.  Yes we still need a strike force worthy of the description but if we can get them for next to nothing it shows what could be achieved.

[/quote]

I tend to agree, Zipper.

I have a feeling that Glen Roeder is a good manager, and that he might just pull the playing side together and give the NCFC board a very temporary respite from their incompetence and poverty.

But if he does it on the proverbial shoestring it will rapidly all fall apart again with the current unambitious lot in charge. They''re simply not geared for success in todays football world.

OTBC

Budget is the same as it was at the end of Jan.....£6m to include contracts over the next 3 years, so not much. I suspect that the money is ''on hold'' for Ameobi..... Newcastle dont accept staggered payments though our rep is good in that respect so some may be deferred though I doubt much

Carlos, if you could understand the sarcasm in my post you would have realised that my point was addressing the issue of spin, and my frustation at how these 2 signings have been labelled as being financed by the board. Like any signings we will all have to wait and see how they pan out for us and I''m happy to give them time to properly judge, as I would any payer. It''s the bad PR, as Thorpe Stephen rightly puts it, that has annoyed me.

Thanks for your self-righteousness though Carlos.

Apologies for missing the sarcasm Grando.  But my post was not self-righteous, my post was born out of pure frustration.  I get very angry at the relentless, needless criticism of footballers at this club.  And just to reiterate, all signings are generally financed by the board at every football club.  The only thing different about this one is the very obvious press spin on things, but in light of the recent developments can you blame them for doing that.

In fairness re. my last point I think the board have embarrased themselves a little by doing that.  When you have had a £20m carrot dangled a 250k centre half hardly matches up.  I do think it is a step in the right direction though.  And love them or hate them, it is nice to see the board making an effort with their (albeit limited) resources.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[/quote]Stefanovic will make a difference; He will be

top draw in the championship