Sign in to follow this  
Old Shuck

Stefanovic's "Comment" Yesterday.

I know that a load of you would have picked up on this yesterday anyway, but I couldn''t, and can''t help but comment on it as well!

The supposed quote from Stefanovic yesterday about "...signing for Delia Smith''s Norwich City..."

Am I being cynical here-I just can''t believe he said that-if he did, I am sure that it was scripted for him, or that its been ghost written, else the club made it up as part of the press release.

"...Delia Smith''s Norwich City..." -thats just to remind everyone who is in charge, who owns the club, and who intends to go on owning it for the forseeable future isn''t it? Delia. Thats Delia, Delia Smith. Not Peter Cullum. Quite good timing in view of all the events of the last month or so.

Nice little reminder to all the fans that, incase we''d forgotten.

Ho hum.

OTBC.

I didn''t even notice to be honest, I normally skim over the quotes when people sign as its always the same pre-scripted babble.  Its almost certain they''ve given him this to read out, yet another cynical ploy by Delia to show everyone who''s in charge! I know everyone is waiting for her to make a statement, but I think the best thing she can do now is let her actions speak louder than her words! Get the signings and show we can compete, and this whole sorry affair may just start to quieten down...

My take on it is that Stefanovic has been in talks for weeks now, he knows the situation here, probably a lot better than any of us do. GR likes to have a certain type of player in his teams (look at Gibbs travelling to Sheffield after his loan had ended), Stefanovic seems to fit that mould. If, at the end of the day, GR''s team give 100% for the manager, the Board and the fans I''ll be happy.

Either that or he was taking the piss.......

Old shuck i noticed it straight away and it is as it reads, its another attempt for Delia to just drop her name into things again and flew her bingo wings. Technically Norwich is hers, but ethically NCFC is ours, all of ours and always will be.

Just a small point bunny although i didn''t go to the Sheffield Wed game and i know it was announced on the Radio, but i think you''ll find that Gibbs actually didnt go, he was rewarded by Arsene Wenger with a place on the Arsenal bench against Sunderland.

[quote user="jdungos"]

Old shuck i noticed it straight away and it is as it reads, its another attempt for Delia to just drop her name into things again and flew her bingo wings. Technically Norwich is hers, but ethically NCFC is ours, all of ours and always will be.

Just a small point bunny although i didn''t go to the Sheffield Wed game and i know it was announced on the Radio, but i think you''ll find that Gibbs actually didnt go, he was rewarded by Arsene Wenger with a place on the Arsenal bench against Sunderland.

[/quote]you''re right about the gibbs on the arsenal bench thing but wrong in my opinion about being so hateful of delia.still thats the nature of message boards i guess, those without all the facts able to spout off as if they know them all. Who knows, maybe if i held all the key info on the goings on at the club then i would want her out too. From what has been made public and reading between the lines to the same extent as everyone else, I think the biggest fact here is that no one got a letter offering them some money. Making Delia a scapegoat is a stupid thing for our club becasue like it or not, we need to make her feel loved between now and august 31st.

Very very well said, as hard as it for some people to do we need to accept and come to terms with the fact that she is not going to leave for nothing.

As far as the comment is concerned, I really doubt Delia is that low to stick that comment in Stefan''s quotes because she isn''t stupid, she knows we would pick up on it and bring her down if it was her. Stefanovic has been working with Glenn for weeks he said with the transfer and probably knows a hell of a lot more about our situation than WE do.

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

I know that a load of you would have picked up on this yesterday anyway, but I couldn''t, and can''t help but comment on it as well!

The supposed quote from Stefanovic yesterday about "...signing for Delia Smith''s Norwich City..."

Am I being cynical here-I just can''t believe he said that-if he did, I am sure that it was scripted for him, or that its been ghost written, else the club made it up as part of the press release.

"...Delia Smith''s Norwich City..." -thats just to remind everyone who is in charge, who owns the club, and who intends to go on owning it for the forseeable future isn''t it? Delia. Thats Delia, Delia Smith. Not Peter Cullum. Quite good timing in view of all the events of the last month or so.

Ho hum.

OTBC.

[/quote]

Good point. I read it this morning and thought it strange especially from a man called Stefanovich, I can''t imagine that Delia has ever drifted into his radar before now. Propaganda, no doubt about it.

[quote user="Seat0123"][quote user="jdungos"]

[/quote]

you''re right about the gibbs on the arsenal bench thing but wrong in my opinion about being so hateful of delia.

still thats the nature of message boards i guess, those without all the facts able to spout off as if they know them all. Who knows, maybe if i held all the key info on the goings on at the club then i would want her out too. From what has been made public and reading between the lines to the same extent as everyone else, I think the biggest fact here is that no one got a letter offering them some money. Making Delia a scapegoat is a stupid thing for our club becasue like it or not, we need to make her feel loved between now and august 31st.
[/quote]

I never said i wanted her out, all im getting it is that it was an un-nessasry statment to have been made, or put into a press release at this particular moment in time

[/quote]

you''re right about the gibbs on the arsenal bench thing but wrong in my opinion about being so hateful of delia.

still thats the nature of message boards i guess, those without all the facts able to spout off as if they know them all. Who knows, maybe if i held all the key info on the goings on at the club then i would want her out too. From what has been made public and reading between the lines to the same extent as everyone else, I think the biggest fact here is that no one got a letter offering them some money. Making Delia a scapegoat is a stupid thing for our club becasue like it or not, we need to make her feel loved between now and august 31st.
[/quote]

I never said i wanted her out, all im getting it is that it was an un-nessasry statment to have been made, or put into a press release at this particular moment in time

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I never said i wanted her out! all im getting at is that ridiculous comments like that in a press release isn''t going to do her any favours is it?

Most statements are prepared with assistence from the club so it wouldnt suprise me. Good signing though, happy with this-what was the fee? Never heard of the other guy-any news on him?

[quote user="jdungos"]

[/quote]

Fair enough, I was not aware of that, thanks for enlightening me. He did actually make a request to go though, that says a lot about the Gibbs/GR/team relationship in my book. I''ll be glad to see him back although I am concerned when he is going to get a game what with all the midfielders we have.

[quote user="Old Shuck"]I know that a load of you would have picked up on this yesterday anyway, but I couldn''t, and can''t help but comment on it as well!

Ho hum.

OTBC.

[/quote]I don''t think it was aimed at the fans Old Shuck, I saw  it as direct challenge to Peter Cullum. I''m here, come and get me (if you can).

Or maybe, just maybe, he actually did meet with Delia representing the board and the club in general and she impressed him enough to join the club and to make that comment. Considering the board members have financed the deal I think it''s more than likely that he''d have met with Delia.

Well I appreciate that certain posters on here will jump on me over this, but this was cynical Club spin.

At the moment the Club PR is a rudderless ship so it may be down to the new boys inexperience, but in one press release we had every quote to stir up unrest.

Oh goodie it''s the plaything of a celebrity.

Oh yipee we need to grovel to the directors who personally made the money available.

For a PR department they certainly know how to stir up trouble.

[quote user="lappinitup"]I don''t think it was aimed at the fans Old Shuck, I saw  it as direct challenge to Peter Cullum. I''m here, come and get me (if you can).[/quote]That''s the way I read it too Lappin, the whole statement seemed to be sticking two fingers up to Mr Cullum (which might be quite dangerous in the long run).

i think the board may have had a little chat with roeder and stefanovic after this !

stefanovic saying ''delias norwich city''

roeder thanking the contributions from smith , jones and the turners !

seems like there trying to get us back on the boards side !

There''s also the fact, as mentioned on myfootballwriter, that Roy Hodgson is a friend of Delia''s, has been a guest in her box at Carrow Rd, and may easily have personally introduced Stefanovic to Delia. As for Glenn''s comments,surely he''s just thanking the directors for backing him in this summer''s transfer window, keeping their promise from when he was appointed?

But as far as which phrases/quotes the press office choose in their blurb - sounds like propaganda - they probably had plenty other quotes but chose the ones which fitted their pro board agenda. Not surprisingly. So I doubt that Dejan or GR were coerced into any kind of statement - I don''t think anyone could with those two anyway!

...totally, especially when you see the quote on the BBC site. He wants

to get promoted with Norwich City...no mention of Delias Norwich City.

More spinning drivel from the club - the board and it''s utterances are

becoming tiresome and nauseous. Don''t get me wrong, the new players and

signings at the moment are great but do you trust the board? the

personnel? Canary (the most cynical and patronising of them all)

marketing? (New) Labour are more trustworty at the moment and all their announcements have more gravitas and credibility than our club at the moment - it is such a shame.

[quote user="jbghost"]Or it could be that Delia Smith is the first thing that people outside Norfolk think of when you mention Norwich City.[/quote]

of coarse not. The first thing they think of is my name.