Sign in to follow this  
Hardhouse44

Season ticket arrived along with another bloody guilt trip

My Season ticket arrived today. Whoop-tee-do. Can''t say I’m that up for things a present but hey at least it''s here.

The thing that stuck in my clack was the piece at the bottom of the paper it was attached to. Seem like another kick in the stones for us fans.The buy back scheme is not something I have ever bothered to us. Don''t miss many games, maybe 1 every other year due to bad holiday scheduling plus the bother and the amount you get back isn’t worth a toss.But that''s because the club don''t give you the full money back. The piece on the bottom say if we had all done the buy back for all the games we missed, in their words "We could have added at least another £500,000 to Glenn Roeder''s transfer budget!"So it our fault again. Well you lot could have added £20m to the bloody thing if you just sat down and thrashed out a reasonable and mutually satisfactory deal with Mr Cullum.But no it our fault we didn''t treble Glenn’s spend potential by not give our tickets up for a pittance. Now I agree that we need to give as much as we can to do our bit. But we do. We buy the bloody thing in the first place. When is this club going to reward the fan for the outstanding support and stop spinning us so much crap.

I thought it was a cheeky dig to. Fair enough a fair few people miss the games but I would rather give my ticket to a mate when im not there in return for a couple of beers, also I sit with a mate so why would he want a total stranger sitting next to him? 2nd best championship attendance and its still not good enough in the clubs eyes!

On the very rare occasion I my a home game, I lend my ticket to some freeloading less fortunate type.

I don''t want the club selling MY seat to some Jonny Come Lately never goes to games used to have a season ticket in the Jarrold Stand type

Wurzel

despite travelling to/from derby for every game I will not be missing a match. and in the unlikely event I can''t go i''ll get someone to go for me.  simple solution.

It really did seem like a underhand dig at the fans who have already shelled out £400 for a season ticket. Apparently it was £300,000 worth of unclaimed credit. So if they had got those tickets back when not in use and resold them they would have made a £200,000 profit. To me this is just another kick in the squidgey bits.Coming hot on the heels of them seemingly unwilling to take a great opportunity to bring some real money into the club, they now claim its the season ticket holders fault for us not having any money. They are playing a very dangerous game. Surely they should not be criticising their customers?

[quote user="Hardhouse44"]My Season ticket arrived today. Whoop-tee-do. Can''t say I’m that up for things a present but hey at least it''s here.

The thing that stuck in my clack was the piece at the bottom of the paper it was attached to. Seem like another kick in the stones for us fans.

The buy back scheme is not something I have ever bothered to us. Don''t miss many games, maybe 1 every other year due to bad holiday scheduling plus the bother and the amount you get back isn’t worth a toss.

But that''s because the club don''t give you the full money back. The piece on the bottom say if we had all done the buy back for all the games we missed, in their words "We could have added at least another £500,000 to Glenn Roeder''s transfer budget!"

So it our fault again.

Well you lot could have added £20m to the bloody thing if you just sat down and thrashed out a reasonable and mutually satisfactory deal with Mr Cullum.

But no it our fault we didn''t treble Glenn’s spend potential by not give our tickets up for a pittance. Now I agree that we need to give as much as we can to do our bit. But we do. We buy the bloody thing in the first place. When is this club going to reward the fan for the outstanding support and stop spinning us so much crap.
[/quote]this has gota be the worst thing ive read on here...hard working people shelling out £400 of there hard earned money to support there club week in week out...and they kick them in the teeth with that STATEMENT...utter b*llux...talk about biteing the hand that feeds....IMO THE BOARD HAVE LOST THE PLOT

The next step is to ask us to attend fewer matches, then they can make even more money by reselling. Could buy new striker etc.

Glad it wasn''t just me that thought cheeky sod''s. You know sometimes you wonder if it just you that has too high a expectation then you realise there are like minded people and that it''s the club who has too low an expectation.

[quote user="Rasputin was a C..."]It really did seem like a underhand dig at the fans who have already shelled out £400 for a season ticket. Apparently it was £300,000 worth of unclaimed credit. So if they had got those tickets back when not in use and resold them they would have made a £200,000 profit. To me this is just another kick in the squidgey bits.

Coming hot on the heels of them seemingly unwilling to take a great opportunity to bring some real money into the club, they now claim its the season ticket holders fault for us not having any money. They are playing a very dangerous game. Surely they should not be criticising their customers?
[/quote]

Didn''t somebody associate the customers with people who beat up nurses, when the customers deared to criticise the quality of he football they were watching a few seasons ago?

[quote user="AndyJR"]Surely the majority just lend their ticket to a mate in any case.

[/quote]

Ah, but logically they wouldn''t be able to tell if it was you or your mate who turned up. All they can say is the attendance, I doubt they know if your card was used or not.

[quote user="tribes"]The next step is to ask us to attend fewer matches, then they can make even more money by reselling. Could buy new striker etc.[/quote]I think the next step is for Doncaster to wipe grime all over his face, tear up his clothes a bit and then to start doorstepping fans in the Barclay bar at half-time, claiming he needs 80p for a train ticket so he can get home... possibly with a dog on string for added plausibility.

The next step is  Put a swastika on the club badgeDictate to fans not to go to Morrissons to stock up on snacksAnd charge us a pound to have a piss

[quote user="Hardhouse44"]My Season ticket arrived today. Whoop-tee-do. Can''t say I’m that up for things a present but hey at least it''s here.

The thing that stuck in my clack was the piece at the bottom of the paper it was attached to. Seem like another kick in the stones for us fans.

The buy back scheme is not something I have ever bothered to us. Don''t miss many games, maybe 1 every other year due to bad holiday scheduling plus the bother and the amount you get back isn’t worth a toss.

But that''s because the club don''t give you the full money back. The piece on the bottom say if we had all done the buy back for all the games we missed, in their words "We could have added at least another £500,000 to Glenn Roeder''s transfer budget!"

So it our fault again.

Well you lot could have added £20m to the bloody thing if you just sat down and thrashed out a reasonable and mutually satisfactory deal with Mr Cullum.

But no it our fault we didn''t treble Glenn’s spend potential by not give our tickets up for a pittance. Now I agree that we need to give as much as we can to do our bit. But we do. We buy the bloody thing in the first place. When is this club going to reward the fan for the outstanding support and stop spinning us so much crap.
[/quote]

Maybe it''s a ''ready made'' excuse, as to why we start the season with Easton College half-decent kicka-ball non-league students sitting on the bench - to supplement the loans, Hoolahoop and A,N,Other; with a few youth teamers given Pro contracts - to add a bit of cheap stock and fill the back page of the programme. And so these fine fellows, will represent the football club of Norwich City for the onset of the 2008/9 season.......Club Media says, "And the reason we have such a $hite squad, is actually, all down to you! Yes You! The tightwad Fans! For not opting for the buy-back scheme, because we''ve lost out on £500,000 which would have got us some decent additions........(That''s after we''ve bought replacement, but necessary nice cutlery, lead crystal glasses and a new cooking range for the Top o'' the Terrace.....Delia''s also noticed the decor''s a bit shabby, so that''ll have to be sorted, but when these trivialities have been rectified, with the vast  £17,000 left over, we can offload it for the Chief Exec''s annual pension, which in turn ''and when the next bit of money that comes along'' - will be freed up, to go towards some new additions to the squad......That is, once the corporate facilities have had a makeover and the Proton showroom has had a new floor laid).....Yes, It''s all those ignorant, greedy and selfish season ticket holders that are to blame......for our current predicament.

More to the point.........

is that a NEW premium rate ticket hotline???

another point to make is that the letter says an average of 2500 season ticket holders miss each match, well thats 10% of the capacity.....

i was under the impression that we were about 95% full for each match, and that the unsold seats were mostly down to the buffer zone between the away fans

its just a load of bull, i bet its down to one marketing muppet who designed the mailout whos got a bee in there bonnet and is venting stupid figures.

Bit of a stupid letter to be honest. We pay for the ticket and if we don''t want to go, then thats up to me. I normally give it to someone if on the rare occasion I can''t make it. I can see the point they are trying to make, if they had said, don''t forget to hand back your ticket if you don''t go as we can get some extra money but to put it with the ticket and basically guilt trip us with not providing GR with funds is a bit silly really.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

Bit of a stupid letter to be honest. We pay for the ticket and if we don''t want to go, then thats up to me. I normally give it to someone if on the rare occasion I can''t make it. I can see the point they are trying to make, if they had said, don''t forget to hand back your ticket if you don''t go as we can get some extra money but to put it with the ticket and basically guilt trip us with not providing GR with funds is a bit silly really.

[/quote] I know I said that. I''ve been to the pub. I am a little pissed but didn''t I say that.

Have to say I agree with the prevailing sentiment shown so far in this thread, having recieved my season ticket this week.Who the hell do they think they are, preaching that crap to people who''ve already shelled out £400 on a season ticket, in spite of the often embarrassing performances seen at Carrow Road over the last couple of seasons?Do they not think we''re aware of how much it costs to see our team in action? Do they think we''re not aware that there is a small amount of cash redeemable against non-attendance given that we''re on the verge of a serious reccession and some of the people that pay their wages take a year to earn what some of our "proffessional athletes" earn in 2 or 3 weeks?More to the point, do they not realise that some of us are already getting a little bit sick of seeing their beloved club, whose average attendances dwarf that of most of their rivals, scrabbling about at the wrong end of the Championship, only to get blamed for Roeder''s lack of transfer budget?What does Doncaster earn? What does he do except issue patronising statements and hang around like a bad smell until the FA offer him a nice little cushy number? The FA are the last organisation anyone with an ounce of integrity would want to associate themselves with in my humble opinion.Norwich City PLC, listen, and listen good. People like me with a lot of patience and a lot of time for realism and rational explanations are getting seriously p*ssed off. Because we''re not getting any realism or rational explanations.If the likes of me and others with a long tether decide to throw in the towel, you''re gonna be up that famous creek without a paddle, and faster than you could begin to imagine.We can live with not challenging Chelski for the Premier league, but we will not have the p*ss taken out of us.

You know you''re supposed to sign out and log back in with your second

user details before you reply to your own posts, don''t you? You seem to

have forgotten...

Pardon my American ignorance and the brasheness for stepping up to ask this BUT how is this supposed to work anyways?  Are you just supposed to GIVE your ticket back to the club so they can resell it, or is there some sort of sharing of the resale going on here?  It seems awfully greedy of the club to just want to keep all the money for themselves when they have already sold the ticket once, but I have not seen any comment here about how going to the bother of this process of reselling would be of benefit to the season ticket holder (other than the team having more money to NOT use on transfers than they already don''t use). 

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]You know you''re supposed to sign out and log back in with your second user details before you reply to your own posts, don''t you? You seem to have forgotten...
[/quote]

ROFLMAO!

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Pardon my American ignorance and the brasheness for stepping up to ask this BUT how is this supposed to work anyways?  Are you just supposed to GIVE your ticket back to the club so they can resell it, or is there some sort of sharing of the resale going on here?  It seems awfully greedy of the club to just want to keep all the money for themselves when they have already sold the ticket once, but I have not seen any comment here about how going to the bother of this process of reselling would be of benefit to the season ticket holder (other than the team having more money to NOT use on transfers than they already don''t use). [/quote]

The way it works is, if you can''t go to a game you inform the club and then your seat becomes avaiable to be sold on a casual basis, for that match only. If your seat is sold, then you get a small reduction in the cost of your next years season ticket. But AFAIK, the buy-back scheme only comes in to play when the game is a sell-out, so its not as the extra money is ''lost'' for every game.

Houston .... if you cannot go to a match you tell the Club. They sell your ticket at face value and give you a GBP5 credit. You are not supposed to lend your ticket to a mate or resell it yourself as the club will not know who is sitting in your seat if there is any trouble in the ground. Tickets are only sold to persons whose full identity is known to the Club. Its part of the "nanny state" we live in these days but the process does make it safer to take partner and the kids. Could be rather frightening in the old days.

Thanks for filling me in on that Barclaygirl and Bobert.  I bought some tickets to the Southend and QPR games 2 winters ago but don''t recall having to show identification. Maybe I did, I just don''t remember the details.  That is really amazing that you are expected to tell the team if you can''t make a game rather than just let a friend have the ticket, or sell if yourself.  I understand why they do this for airplane tickets, but then they actually check IDs before boarding. It''s not like someone would hijack Carrow Road to Cuba (ha ha). I thought all seat stadiums was supposed to handle the fighting, but it seems the team has gone way overboard espceially considering how rare fighting at games seems to be nowadays.  Is this standard for most clubs, or is this an NCFC thing?