Sign in to follow this  
Herb

Re. Cullum, let's not forget...

[quote user="I"]...And for posters to label our team as doomed before the 08/09 vintage has kicked a ball in anger is also laughable for the same reason.[/quote]

[quote user="You"]If you are accusing me of saying the team is doomed you couldn`t be more wrong- read my earlier posts.  In fact i haven`t read any posts saying that, but if you can point them out......?[/quote]

Some posters have been trolling out the same old doom and gloom message regarding possible performance next season.  I think we agree that it''s impossible to know.  Therefore, can you "point out" where I have "accused" you of doing this ? [:)]

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

BDU, the only proven "class" player we have signed is Stefanovic.  I`m bored of it all too but when i read such exagerated rubbish i can`t let it lie i`m afraid.  To be fair i am mildly optimistic about the new season and if rumours of an Ameobi type coming in prove true then i will be more so, but believe it or not i was optimistic at the start of last season when plenty of people were posting things like "We haven`t signed a single player who doesn`t have a good pedigree".  I rate our signings as better than last pre-season, but we are building from a much weaker base (no Hucks/Dublin, tiny squad).  Just check out who had to play centre-back at the last friendly.

My posts on this thread have been regarding two specific points: your "Delia has not said or hinted she would give her shares away"- she has, and Blahx3 "I`ve learned that you can`t change peoples minds" and i pointed out that plenty of people have changed their minds about the board in recent years.  If people want me to stop posting, don`t post cobblers.

[/quote]How do we define ''class player''? I''m meaning someone who can perform well at a top 6 Champs club / bottom half Prem club, not as someone class for a top Prem club. I believe the players we have signed fit that bill. Lupoli might prove to be an exception, after all Arsenal didn''t want to let him go and neither do Fiorentina right now (hence only a loan not a perm signing) so he might go on to be a top prem club regular. The two young loan players Bertrand and Omozusi are being held on to by Prem clubs, both of who''s supporters view the players as big hopes for the future. Obviously doesn''t mean they will make it, but its a hell of a lot more promising than the reports we got on Andy Hughes, isn''t it.I''m confident Bell, Hoolihan and Clingan will prove to be key signings. I''m going on what fans on their message boards say and what fans on our message boards have said after we played against their old teams, so its not first hand knowledge. All are proven in the English game, and have a good pedigree here, which is the difference between them and Brellier / Strihavka. I was also optimistic last summer, I should learn my lesson, but I can''t help it. I just have a really good feeling about the team Glenn is building.

Agreed BDU [Y].  I think one major factor we now have in our favour is that expectations are so much lower, so it should be alot easier to get that on-a-roll feelgood factor going if we make a good start to the season.  Let`s face it, for most people anything better than another relegation struggle will be a bonus.  Come on Roeder/board, another defender and an Ameobi type to really get the pulse racing please.....

YC, After many years reading these posts, regarding the financial position of the club, I have to agree with your slant on the situation, you say quite clearly,and I agree that for any one of us posters to to give a statement on Mr C''s so called injection of cash for what ever and the conditions of whatever and strings attached to whatever.  Any statement made without knowledge of the whatevers and agreement details must be quite brain dead.  I say that we must trust GR to get on with his management of NCFC, watch then, with interest and support, at the teams efforts on the pitch.  While we leave the board who are made up of several business men and women who have proven their competancy in their relative fields, to get on with the job of finding someone who fits the investment bill, and the conditions necessary to enhance the future of our club.  On the ball city!!! and best wishes to all who are not brain dead.