Sign in to follow this  
Herb

Re. Cullum, let's not forget...

...he is an insurance man. Not just an insurance man, he''s a mahoosive monstrosity of a conglomerate of multitude insurance companies.Now I don''t trust insurance companies all that much. I can recognise their business nous, but ultimately to me, the end user, they''re little more than legalised crooks running a racket. They''ll have you over, given half a chance, insurance companies. With that in mind, and given that, reading between the lines, no offer has been tendered by Cullum for control of the club, only some vague posturing about "£20 million for transfers", what the hell is he playing at? Does he really believe that he can wave a £20m wad and hypnotise the board into giving him control of the club for free?No, does he b*ll*cks. He knows exactly what he''s doing, and he knows most fans will simply see "£20m" imprinted on their eyes and the adverse publicity will weaken the board into virtually giving the club away.Think he ever paid over the odds for one of the insurance companies he took over? Reckon he ever paid under the odds?He''s still being the insurance man, thats my biggest problem with him. If Cullum wants this club, he should pay a fair price for whatever is required to gain control. As far as I''m concerned, his attention-seeking media manipulation has done nothing except interfere with City''s negotiations in the transfer market. The current board are far from perfect, I''m very aware of their inadequacies, but that doesn''t mean they have to give away something they''ve invested in for next to nowt.Put up or shut up Cullum. We know you''re loaded, if you want to try and further Norwich City''s cause, get your chequebook out. If not, can you just let us long suffering supporters get on with the season without your distracting wad-waving in the background?

How do you know he didn''t try and got knocked back by the Empress of Carrow Rd, its been suggested...

[quote user="Salahuddin"]How do you know he didn''t try and got knocked back by the Empress of Carrow Rd, its been suggested...[/quote]Ok, so why hasn''t he gone crying back to the papers again then? And why hasn''t Delia done the same saying "he offered me 50p and a bag of chips"Because he''s offered sod all.He''s not finished trying to make things....unstable.That''s my reading of the situation.

Agree with most of that Herb and don''t Insurance companies take from the many for the benefit of the few?

Should be a seamless takeover then!

[quote user="Herb"]...he is an insurance man. Not just an insurance man, he''s a mahoosive monstrosity of a conglomerate of multitude insurance companies.
Now I don''t trust insurance companies all that much. I can recognise their business nous, but ultimately to me, the end user, they''re little more than legalised crooks running a racket. They''ll have you over, given half a chance, insurance companies.

With that in mind, and given that, reading between the lines, no offer has been tendered by Cullum for control of the club, only some vague posturing about "£20 million for transfers", what the hell is he playing at? Does he really believe that he can wave a £20m wad and hypnotise the board into giving him control of the club for free?
No, does he b*ll*cks. He knows exactly what he''s doing, and he knows most fans will simply see "£20m" imprinted on their eyes and the adverse publicity will weaken the board into virtually giving the club away.

Think he ever paid over the odds for one of the insurance companies he took over? Reckon he ever paid under the odds?
He''s still being the insurance man, thats my biggest problem with him.
If Cullum wants this club, he should pay a fair price for whatever is required to gain control.
As far as I''m concerned, his attention-seeking media manipulation has done nothing except interfere with City''s negotiations in the transfer market.

The current board are far from perfect, I''m very aware of their inadequacies, but that doesn''t mean they have to give away something they''ve invested in for next to nowt.
Put up or shut up Cullum. We know you''re loaded, if you want to try and further Norwich City''s cause, get your chequebook out. If not, can you just let us long suffering supporters get on with the season without your distracting wad-waving in the background?

[/quote]

And what does the Turner''s ''business'' do? [:|]

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]And where did I say I trusted thier motives any more than Cullums?

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

And where did I say I trusted thier motives any more than Cullums?
[/quote]

In my ''one-line'' question, where have I said that you had?.....Touchy.

I just asked what does the Turner''s ''business'' do?

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Herb"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]And where did I say I trusted thier motives any more than Cullums?[/quote]

[/quote]You didn''t, but your question was undoubtably hinting at that perceived flaw in my argument. I thought I should point out no flaw existed.Apparently, that''s touchy.

Herb

Please tell me you are joking?

"Now I don''t trust insurance companies" - where do you live?

Are you saying that thousands of local people are crooks running a racket?  ehmmmmmm....did not think so

Do you mind such companies being the club sponsor?

"only some vague posturing about "£20 million for transfers" -  it''s not vague pal it''s just that you must be amazed as a Norwich fan that someone actually wants to invest in the players and not a new kitchen you have Norfolk fuzzy logic.

"If Cullum wants this club, he should pay a fair price for whatever is required to gain control"    ha ha ha ha ha ha

Are you saying £20 million in cash is not enough for 51% of NCFC? whats your idea of a fair price did you go to school with Delia should it be £56 million for a club that is £16 million in debt?

"We know you''re loaded" nice words bet you PC really wants to invest in the club with fans like you about - he''s got money lets fleece him

Mark my words Herb et al the day the club turned down PC offer was the day they betrayed us all.

[quote user="milan marcus"]

Herb

Please tell me you are joking?

"Now I don''t trust insurance companies" - where do you live?

Are you saying that thousands of local people are crooks running a racket?  ehmmmmmm....did not think so

Do you mind such companies being the club sponsor?

"only some vague posturing about "£20 million for transfers" -  it''s not vague pal it''s just that you must be amazed as a Norwich fan that someone actually wants to invest in the players and not a new kitchen you have Norfolk fuzzy logic.

"If Cullum wants this club, he should pay a fair price for whatever is required to gain control"    ha ha ha ha ha ha

Are you saying £20 million in cash is not enough for 51% of NCFC? whats your idea of a fair price did you go to school with Delia should it be £56 million for a club that is £16 million in debt?

"We know you''re loaded" nice words bet you PC really wants to invest in the club with fans like you about - he''s got money lets fleece him

Mark my words Herb et al the day the club turned down PC offer was the day they betrayed us all.

[/quote]

Though I think your point is a good one. It is also misguided. We dont know the details about the takeover at this moment in time so were best off keeping stum until we do.

[quote user="milan marcus"]"Now I don''t trust insurance companies" - where do you live?[/quote]Where I live isn''t important. Do you trust them in an unquestioning way?

[quote user="milan marcus"]Are you saying that thousands of local people are crooks running a racket?  ehmmmmmm....did not think so

Do you mind such companies being the club sponsor?[/quote]

I''m saying I don''t trust insurance companies, less still the people that own them and pull the strings.

[quote user="milan marcus"]Are you saying £20 million in cash is not enough for 51% of NCFC? whats your idea of a fair price did you go to school with Delia should it be £56 million for a club that is £16 million in debt?[/quote]It may well be enough, but wheres our 20m for transfers gone then?[quote user="milan marcus"]"We know you''re loaded" nice words bet you PC really wants to invest in the club with fans like you about - he''s got money lets fleece him[/quote]No, let''s make sure he doesn''t fleece us. We''re in no position to fleece him. He is very much in a position to fleece us if we''re not careful.

"Are you saying £20 million in cash is not enough for 51% of NCFC? whats your idea of a fair price did you go to school with Delia should it be £56 million for a club that is £16 million in debt?"

Yes I think £20m would probably be enough to buy 51% of the NCFC but to do this surely Peter Cullum needs to buy shares, once he has bought the shares how much of the £20m would be left to buy players? Maths is not my strong point!

"Mark my words Herb et al the day the club turned down PC offer was the day they betrayed us all."

I don''t feel betrayed on the strength of what has gone on over the last couple of weeks, I just see business people posturing through the press (unfortunately) and looking after their  own interests, fair enough?

[quote user="Herb"]...he is an insurance man. Not just an insurance man, he''s a mahoosive monstrosity of a conglomerate of multitude insurance companies.
Now I don''t trust insurance companies all that much. I can recognise their business nous, but ultimately to me, the end user, they''re little more than legalised crooks running a racket. They''ll have you over, given half a chance, insurance companies.

With that in mind, and given that, reading between the lines, no offer has been tendered by Cullum for control of the club, only some vague posturing about "£20 million for transfers", what the hell is he playing at? Does he really believe that he can wave a £20m wad and hypnotise the board into giving him control of the club for free?
No, does he b*ll*cks. He knows exactly what he''s doing, and he knows most fans will simply see "£20m" imprinted on their eyes and the adverse publicity will weaken the board into virtually giving the club away.

Think he ever paid over the odds for one of the insurance companies he took over? Reckon he ever paid under the odds?
He''s still being the insurance man, thats my biggest problem with him.
If Cullum wants this club, he should pay a fair price for whatever is required to gain control.
As far as I''m concerned, his attention-seeking media manipulation has done nothing except interfere with City''s negotiations in the transfer market.

The current board are far from perfect, I''m very aware of their inadequacies, but that doesn''t mean they have to give away something they''ve invested in for next to nowt.
Put up or shut up Cullum. We know you''re loaded, if you want to try and further Norwich City''s cause, get your chequebook out. If not, can you just let us long suffering supporters get on with the season without your distracting wad-waving in the background?

[/quote]

what''s the matter mate, get turned down for third party fire and theft cover? You really couldn''t make it up. 40th richest man, Norwich fan, wants to invest in the club, let''s get a bit fussy about what he does for a living shall we? I hope he gets control of our club. I hope he gets it absolutely as cheap as possible, because the cheaper he gets it the more money will go into where we need it, players to put on the pitch. Particularly strikers.

Well put. He is playing this one brilliatly. He has got fans onside without any real knowledge or comprehension of the deal on offer, and made Delia out to be a greedy witch. He is playing the PR game brilliantly. This one cannot end well for City, whichever way it goes. There is a far greater cost to the club in all of this.

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Herb"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

And where did I say I trusted thier motives any more than Cullums?
[/quote]

[/quote]

You didn''t, but your question was undoubtably hinting at that perceived flaw in my argument. I thought I should point out no flaw existed.
Apparently, that''s touchy.
[/quote]

Says you?

Classic "don''t rock the sinking boat" mentality. I think too many mainstream folk are now fed up with funding the cooks'' fantasies and are finally demanding something better for their money.

Additionally...some of us are less interested in Peter Cullum''s money than the direction and steel that a man of his business calibre would bring. No more flim flam of a giggly "has been" celebrity....and the sight of luvvie heads rolling.

[quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"]

Additionally...some of us are less interested in Peter Cullum''s money than the direction and steel that a man of his business calibre would bring.

[/quote]Yeah, of course. I''m sure you didn''t even notice Cullum''s mention of 20m, you just started salivating at the direction and steel he''d bring.Meanwhile, back on planet earth....Theres a difference between wanting something better than the current board (which I think most fans would) and giving the club away to an insurance man no questions asked.And no questions are being asked. Hence why despite not making an offer for control of the club, everyone seems to have decided that Delia wants 150 squillion quid in unmarked note dropping off at Stowmarket before she''ll even talk.The more intelligent amonst us are reading between the lines and thinking "Whats his bloody game, then?"

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"]

Additionally...some of us are less interested in Peter Cullum''s money than the direction and steel that a man of his business calibre would bring.

[/quote]

Yeah, of course. I''m sure you didn''t even notice Cullum''s mention of 20m, you just started salivating at the direction and steel he''d bring.
Meanwhile, back on planet earth....

Theres a difference between wanting something better than the current board (which I think most fans would) and giving the club away to an insurance man no questions asked.
And no questions are being asked. Hence why despite not making an offer for control of the club, everyone seems to have decided that Delia wants 150 squillion quid in unmarked note dropping off at Stowmarket before she''ll even talk.

The more intelligent amonst us are reading between the lines and thinking "Whats his bloody game, then?"

[/quote]

Just a question, and it''s a genuine one, not made from sarcasm.  How do you know what did and did not go on beind closed doors?  Do you have insider knowledge that most of us fans don''t?  You seem to speak, and I may have taken your posts wrong, like you have some knowledge us fans don''t.

Of course there are questions that have to be asked, but to me PC owes me no explanation at all because other than him being a NCFC fan like all of us, and having played as a youngster for NC he has no other commitments to the club.  The ones that might owe us loyal fans an explanation have come out and said zilch.

Whoever the CR PR people are need to be sacked, if something had been said after the PC debarcle, even a little snippet from the Board other than we want £56 mill & talks are terminated, then I am more than sure the fans anger would have subsided a little.  Some fans may be a little angry because the club have treated us shabbily.  What rights do we have to know what''s gone on?  Legally none, morally every right.

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"]

[/quote]

Yeah, of course. I''m sure you didn''t even notice Cullum''s mention of 20m, you just started salivating at the direction and steel he''d bring.

Theres a difference between wanting something better than the current board (which I think most fans would) and giving the club away to an insurance man no questions asked.
And no questions are being asked. Hence why despite not making an offer for control of the club, everyone seems to have decided that Delia wants 150 squillion quid in unmarked note dropping off at Stowmarket before she''ll even talk.

The more intelligent amonst us are reading between the lines and thinking "Whats his bloody game, then?"

[/quote]

My apologies.....

When my arse starts talking next I''ll try to communicate better with you......

A very good intelligent post, the fans are being used as pawns.. it''s not football manager, takeovers don''t ''just happen''. It''s about time some fairness went into the reporting on this one. Well done.

[quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"][quote user="Herb"][quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

My apologies.....

[/quote]

I see. Well, Cluck, we have a few spare guided missiles sitting around so, if you will be good enough to provide your address, we''ll send you one gift wrapped. We won''t concern ourselves with which end of your anatomy we target as your output from either end is remarkably similar.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"][quote user="Herb"][quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

My apologies.....

[/quote]

I see. Well, Cluck, we have a few spare guided missiles sitting around so, if you will be good enough to provide your address, we''ll send you one gift wrapped. We won''t concern ourselves with which end of your anatomy we target as your output from either end is remarkably similar.

[/quote]

[:D]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

Whoever the CR PR people are need to be sacked, if something had been said after the PC debarcle, even a little snippet from the Board other than we want £56 mill & talks are terminated, then I am more than sure the fans anger would have subsided a little.  Some fans may be a little angry because the club have treated us shabbily.  What rights do we have to know what''s gone on?  Legally none, morally every right.

[/quote]Well it was Cullum who started the ball rolling with his casual mention to the press that he tried to put 20m into the club for transfers last season. He interestingly didn''t mention what he expected in return for that 20m.So if he had been unreasonably knocked back by the current majority shareholders, I would expect him to have gone bleating back to his mates in the press by now. He hasn''t.The city board I am fairly sure are on record as saying no offer for control of the club had been tabled. I doubt they''d risk the wrath of Cullum''s lawyers by making that up. Cullum is quite transparently and imo clumsily trying to create a situation where he gets control of the club for a lot less than it''s worth.Still playing the insurance man, as I say.

Herb the guy has stated he wants to put £20 million into the club for players.  He goes not want to buy the whole club therefore Delia and the existing shareholders need to reduce their shares to 49% in return PC will put £20 million into the club for PLAYERS!!!

"He interestingly didn''t mention what he expected in return for that 20m"

yes he did - he playing the insurance man said he wants control.  blimey as I have said before £20 million in hard cash would easily warrant taking control of the club.

Delia the cook said I love the power and will never give up my shares (although in public she told us all if someone came in with £20 million she would gladly take it) 

We do not deserve PC

What I love about the pro Delia people is no one has told us where we go from here?  We don''t have the money to compete at the top of the table.  If you are happy to stick two figures up to PC where should we go from here?

BTW what is your problem with insurance people - are you old enough to drive yet?

The debate will soon move from these boards and once the fans see us lose a few games the current board will have no where to go

[quote user="milan marcus"]

BTW what is your problem with insurance people - are you old enough to drive yet?

[/quote]I''ve paid for car insurance since about 1990, if you don''t know what my problem with them is, you obviously haven''t.They will rob you blind given half a chance, as I''ve said.If you don''t know that, then I would hazard a guess you may not be old enough to drive. Or have money to burn.Are you an insurance man by any chance? [:)]

Bit OT - I have paid for car insurance since 96 and dont have problems with insurance companies - I have problems with people who are uninsured, lack of govt. punishment for uninsured drivers and people who scam insurance companies which have all lead to premiums going up for everyone.

But Towergate are not really known for thier car insurance are they????!!!????

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

Sacking half the club is soooooooooooo last month [;)]