Sign in to follow this  
Dicky

Well done Lewis

Another fantastic drive from an Englishman in an English car - makes me feel all patriotic.

As far as excitement goes, Formula 1 has to be up there with Goldfish racing I''m afraid - but well done regardless I suppose.

maybe i should ask him to come along for a trial. what do you think ?

i did. but that wasn''t going to well. i think i need to reignite my interest in player similar to cureton.

[quote user="Dicky"]Another fantastic drive from an Englishman in an English car - makes me feel all patriotic.[/quote]Pity Hamilton doesn''t feel the patriotic way you do and stay in this country and pay our taxes in a way of giving back to this great country that has given him the opportunity to become rich beyond his wildest dreams. Another parasite that has taken everything he can from our country and then when it''s his chance to give back he just can''t bring himself to do it. Tosser.

I''d move abroad if I earnt the money he did, why should he have to pay 40% of his wages to our goverment? This country is going downhill rapidly why should we give any of our money for this goverment to waste?

[quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="Dicky"]Another fantastic drive from an Englishman in an English car - makes me feel all patriotic.[/quote]Pity Hamilton doesn''t feel the patriotic way you do and stay in this country and pay our taxes in a way of giving back to this great country that has given him the opportunity to become rich beyond his wildest dreams. Another parasite that has taken everything he can from our country and then when it''s his chance to give back he just can''t bring himself to do it. Tosser.[/quote]You tell him hardhouse! Can''t stand the man, Mr "Ooh i''m so famous I can''t walk down the street so i''ll just have to move to a tax haven." Yeh, paying 40% of stupid amounts of money would only leave him with er, stupid amounts of money. The tabloids always go on about benefit fraud, what about the tax avoiders, oh they''re ok, that''s just being "efficient" isn''t it. It''s not stealing at all......(Goes to lie in a darkened room and calm down)

I thought you meant Joe Lewis....

But well done, heard it on radio driving home from work. Have you heard the commentry on radio 5? He gets very excited, but quite good.

[quote user="ellis206"]I''d move abroad if I earnt the money he did, why should he have to pay 40% of his wages to our goverment? This country is going downhill rapidly why should we give any of our money for this goverment to waste?[/quote]I do pay 40% tax and if you don''t know why we should give any money to the government you very unlikely to ever pay that much yourself. Why shouldn’t he pay 40% tax, he earns a fortune for what he does. Some of which is even inflated because he is British. This country educated him gave him the opportunity to get in to motor sports and the right. He would have found it a little harder if grown up in another country, say Granada. So why should he be aloud to take from our country and pay nothing back. He should never be allowed to return in my view without paying the tax he would if he''d lived here and he should also be barred from plying his trade here too. The problem with this country isn''t our government it''s the mentality of people like you and Hamilton.

Agree too HH. I pay that much too, he should be the same. He is works here most o the time and should be made to pay it.

Give me the old racing any day. I nearly fell asleep watching that. I don''t think hamilton over-taking people in a car that''s a second faster than everybody elses fun. Give me senna, hill, schummi, irvine, mansell, prost any day rather than this boring stuff.Don''t even get me started on how they managed to **** up one of the most enjoyable races by chopping the track in two...

I respect his talent. He''s undoubtedly got a little bit extra that the majority in Formula One don''t. However, he and his dad are so full of themselves its sickening. Not helped by ITV talking him up at every possible opportunity. Hopefully the coverage will be improved next year when the BBC get it. I have a sinking feeling that it''ll be just as sycophantic.

[quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="Dicky"]Another fantastic drive from an Englishman in an English car - makes me feel all patriotic.[/quote]

Pity Hamilton doesn''t feel the patriotic way you do and stay in this country and pay our taxes in a way of giving back to this great country that has given him the opportunity to become rich beyond his wildest dreams.

Another parasite that has taken everything he can from our country and then when it''s his chance to give back he just can''t bring himself to do it. Tosser.

[/quote]

Oh get off of your high horse and enjoy a fantastic English victory.  Would you not have cheered a Beckham goal just because he lived and paid taxes in Spain?

And on a personal note, I do everything I can to avoid giving any money to Gordon Brown to piss up the wall.

[quote user="Fellas"]Give me the old racing any day. I nearly fell asleep watching that. I don''t think hamilton over-taking people in a car that''s a second faster than everybody elses fun. Give me senna, hill, schummi, irvine, mansell, prost any day rather than this boring stuff.Don''t even get me started on how they managed to **** up one of the most enjoyable races by chopping the track in two...[/quote]You speak a lot of sense. Not only did they take chances they also had personality and were fun to watch. Quite a few times the press were made to look stupid by the quick thinking of the drivers. I remember Hill often making sly comments about the stupid questions he was sometimes asked. Similar in some respects to Gordon Strachan I suppose. The drivers today are under the thumb of the sponsors and its quite dull to hear them go on about how they want to thank Vodafone McLaren Mercedes and all the other sponsors and so on.

[quote user="Dicky"]

[quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="Dicky"]Another fantastic drive from an Englishman in an English car - makes me feel all patriotic.[/quote]Pity Hamilton doesn''t feel the patriotic way you do and stay in this country and pay our taxes in a way of giving back to this great country that has given him the opportunity to become rich beyond his wildest dreams. Another parasite that has taken everything he can from our country and then when it''s his chance to give back he just can''t bring himself to do it. Tosser.[/quote]

Oh get off of your high horse and enjoy a fantastic English victory.  Would you not have cheered a Beckham goal just because he lived and paid taxes in Spain?

And on a personal note, I do everything I can to avoid giving any money to Gordon Brown to piss up the wall.

[/quote]On a personal note I work my socks off running my own business and am glad to do so. I am as proud as any man to be English and am also grateful that I live in a county that gives me the opportunity to run my own business and earn reasonably and relatively good money. I also have no problem in paying my taxes. It''s required so that our country can''t offer it inhabitants be them rich or not so a exceptionally high standard of public services and living.Whilst I''m not a backer of this Labour government and Gordon Brown I don''t believe anybody will do a better job whislt we are in the throws of a world wide recession. Too many people think that it is only us and it''s all Gordon Browns doing. Utter rubbish. We are directly link to the rest of the developed world and that has dictated our current financial situation. Not Gordon Brown pissing money up the wall as you so eloquently put it.As for getting  off my high horse. I''m sorry but I won''t, this is a issue that I happen to feel very strongly about as it directly affects my country. You David Beckaham analogy is flawed. He lived in Spain because that was where he worked. He paid their taxes. Spain isn''t a income tax haven. Far from it.If you need these little moral boosts you get from seeing Hamilton win a race which he does in a car faster than anybody else that you enjoy it. I however have principles and ethics. If that make me come across as being on a high horse that so be it. I for one couldn''t live with myself any other way.

[quote user="Hardhouse44"]It''s required so that our country can''t offer it inhabitants be them rich or not so a exceptionally high standard of public services and living.

[/quote]Whilst I agree with the rest of your post that part is rubbish. You need to travel a bit to see what good public services are

stop slating him.

he''s done the most for britain in sport recently.

for instance look at the englands football team. sure they deserve more critics than lewis hamilton who has achieved so much ?

[quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="Dicky"]

[quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="Dicky"]Another fantastic drive from an Englishman in an English car - makes me feel all patriotic.[/quote]Pity Hamilton doesn''t feel the patriotic way you do and stay in this country and pay our taxes in a way of giving back to this great country that has given him the opportunity to become rich beyond his wildest dreams. Another parasite that has taken everything he can from our country and then when it''s his chance to give back he just can''t bring himself to do it. Tosser.[/quote]

[/quote]On a personal note I work my socks off running my own business and am glad to do so. I am as proud as any man to be English and am also grateful that I live in a county that gives me the opportunity to run my own business and earn reasonably and relatively good money. I also have no problem in paying my taxes. It''s required so that our country can''t offer it inhabitants be them rich or not so a exceptionally high standard of public services and living.Whilst I''m not a backer of this Labour government and Gordon Brown I don''t believe anybody will do a better job whislt we are in the throws of a world wide recession. Too many people think that it is only us and it''s all Gordon Browns doing. Utter rubbish. We are directly link to the rest of the developed world and that has dictated our current financial situation. Not Gordon Brown pissing money up the wall as you so eloquently put it.As for getting  off my high horse. I''m sorry but I won''t, this is a issue that I happen to feel very strongly about as it directly affects my country. You David Beckaham analogy is flawed. He lived in Spain because that was where he worked. He paid their taxes. Spain isn''t a income tax haven. Far from it.If you need these little moral boosts you get from seeing Hamilton win a race which he does in a car faster than anybody else that you enjoy it. I however have principles and ethics. If that make me come across as being on a high horse that so be it. I for one couldn''t live with myself any other way.

[/quote]So your quite happy paying 40% of your hard earned wages to this goverment? who in turn will give that money to a load of people sitting on their arses all day because they can''t be bothered to get a job, and its people like us who will be paying for their houses and there twenty children! and then these wasters will probably end up stabbing us anyway! thats the way this country is going at the moment.

[quote user="ellis206"][quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="Dicky"]

[/quote]So your quite happy paying 40% of your hard earned wages to this goverment? who in turn will give that money to a load of people sitting on their arses all day because they can''t be bothered to get a job, and its people like us who will be paying for their houses and there twenty children! and then these wasters will probably end up stabbing us anyway! thats the way this country is going at the moment.[/quote]Those people you talk of I believe are a minority and I pity them. I''m happy to go to work I''m happy to holiday abroad 3/4 time a year I happy to drive my Jag I''m happy to be able to take my wife and family out for a nice meal at the weekend. I happy that if I want to by something say a new computer or watch I have the money in my bank account to do so. I''m happy that I can have work satisfaction I''m happy that I can employ a handful of people and in my small way help the improve their lives. And I just as happy talking to a polish immigrant as I am a pearly king as long as that person is a good person who is prepared to work and pay taxes. I am happy to pay my taxes. Yes I guess I am happy. And those people who deliberately don''t work and who have twenty children say you say are not living a life anywhere near as fulfilling or blessed life as I am. And I feel sorry for them. And more than anything I an happy to live in England.

[quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="ellis206"][quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="Dicky"]

[quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="Dicky"]Another fantastic drive from an Englishman in an English car - makes me feel all patriotic.[/quote]

Pity Hamilton doesn''t feel the patriotic way you do and stay in this country and pay our taxes in a way of giving back to this great country that has given him the opportunity to become rich beyond his wildest dreams.

Another parasite that has taken everything he can from our country and then when it''s his chance to give back he just can''t bring himself to do it. Tosser.

[/quote]

[/quote]
On a personal note I work my socks off running my own business and am glad to do so. I am as proud as any man to be English and am also grateful that I live in a county that gives me the opportunity to run my own business and earn reasonably and relatively good money. I also have no problem in paying my taxes. It''s required so that our country can''t offer it inhabitants be them rich or not so a exceptionally high standard of public services and living.

Whilst I''m not a backer of this Labour government and Gordon Brown I don''t believe anybody will do a better job whislt we are in the throws of a world wide recession. Too many people think that it is only us and it''s all Gordon Browns doing. Utter rubbish. We are directly link to the rest of the developed world and that has dictated our current financial situation. Not Gordon Brown pissing money up the wall as you so eloquently put it.

As for getting  off my high horse. I''m sorry but I won''t, this is a issue that I happen to feel very strongly about as it directly affects my country. You David Beckaham analogy is flawed. He lived in Spain because that was where he worked. He paid their taxes. Spain isn''t a income tax haven. Far from it.

If you need these little moral boosts you get from seeing Hamilton win a race which he does in a car faster than anybody else that you enjoy it. I however have principles and ethics. If that make me come across as being on a high horse that so be it. I for one couldn''t live with myself any other way.

[/quote]

So your quite happy paying 40% of your hard earned wages to this goverment? who in turn will give that money to a load of people sitting on their arses all day because they can''t be bothered to get a job, and its people like us who will be paying for their houses and there twenty children! and then these wasters will probably end up stabbing us anyway! thats the way this country is going at the moment.
[/quote]

Those people you talk of I believe are a minority and I pity them. I''m happy to go to work I''m happy to holiday abroad 3/4 time a year I happy to drive my Jag I''m happy to be able to take my wife and family out for a nice meal at the weekend. I happy that if I want to by something say a new computer or watch I have the money in my bank account to do so. I''m happy that I can have work satisfaction I''m happy that I can employ a handful of people and in my small way help the improve their lives. And I just as happy talking to a polish immigrant as I am a pearly king as long as that person is a good person who is prepared to work and pay taxes. I am happy to pay my taxes. Yes I guess I am happy. And those people who deliberately don''t work and who have twenty children say you say are not living a life anywhere near as fulfilling or blessed life as I am. And I feel sorry for them. And more than anything I an happy to live in England.

[/quote]

Hardhouse, I also run my own business, employing over 30 people and on the back of this I pay a huge amount of taxes and I totally begrude every penny I pay to Gordon Brown - I am an economist by education and I can tell you that whilst the world economy obviously has an impact, Brown is running this great country of ours into the ground.  He is an old style socialist and this just does not work today with the world markets being so competitive. Brown is not fit to run this country and nor are the bunch of idiots that are in his cabinet. 

How sad it is when we can''t celebrate a great English victory. Little moral boosts - what are you on about?

[quote user="Dicky"][quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="ellis206"][quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="Dicky"]

[/quote]So your quite happy paying 40% of your hard earned wages to this goverment? who in turn will give that money to a load of people sitting on their arses all day because they can''t be bothered to get a job, and its people like us who will be paying for their houses and there twenty children! and then these wasters will probably end up stabbing us anyway! thats the way this country is going at the moment.[/quote]Those people you talk of I believe are a minority and I pity them. I''m happy to go to work I''m happy to holiday abroad 3/4 time a year I happy to drive my Jag I''m happy to be able to take my wife and family out for a nice meal at the weekend. I happy that if I want to by something say a new computer or watch I have the money in my bank account to do so. I''m happy that I can have work satisfaction I''m happy that I can employ a handful of people and in my small way help the improve their lives. And I just as happy talking to a polish immigrant as I am a pearly king as long as that person is a good person who is prepared to work and pay taxes. I am happy to pay my taxes. Yes I guess I am happy. And those people who deliberately don''t work and who have twenty children say you say are not living a life anywhere near as fulfilling or blessed life as I am. And I feel sorry for them. And more than anything I an happy to live in England. [/quote]

Hardhouse, I also run my own business, employing over 30 people and on the back of this I pay a huge amount of taxes and I totally begrude every penny I pay to Gordon Brown - I am an economist by education and I can tell you that whilst the world economy obviously has an impact, Brown is running this great country of ours into the ground.  He is an old style socialist and this just does not work today with the world markets being so competitive. Brown is not fit to run this country and nor are the bunch of idiots that are in his cabinet. 

How sad it is when we can''t celebrate a great English victory. Little moral boosts - what are you on about?

[/quote]Sorry but I can''t agree. You earn the money you pay the taxes. You can''t have it both ways. The more you earn the more you pay and rightfully so. What is a Great English victory. Some spoilt brat who has won a elitist sport where the richest people have the fastest cars. That not for me. He left this country to avoid our tax system. You say because Gordon Brown is in charge he has the right to. What if we all did that what would your Great British victory mean then. I want this country to recover from the situation it is in for many reason. Some selfish some not but don''t tell me the likes of Hamilton give two tosses about the state of our beloved county because I won''t believe that. So why should I see him winning a car race as a Great British victory.Your way doesn’t help the people of our country. It means the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. I can’t have that as my philosophy. Just because you are rich enough and privileged enough to be able to avoid taxes, that makes it right!

[quote user="Dicky"]

I am an economist by education

[/quote]I did wonder.  Economists in general know the price of everything and the value of nothing. I bet you read the Mail as well.Also do you really do everything to avoid paying your taxes because of Brown?  If there was a different government tomorrow (just a competant one, not nec. "Dave") would you stop the avoidence measures?  Did you do them under Blair or Major or Thatcher (non of whom were old style socialists).

This country isn''t always that great, perhaps you should judge Lewis Hamilton after you''ve experienced the large scale press intrusion into his private life like he has. Britain is notorious for it, such is our trend to be Americanised. I certainly wouldn''t put up with it being a private person myself. Lewis is a family orientated man who spends time with his family at his home, and he has said he finds the press intruding a little overwhelming. I personally don''t blame him for seeking a quieter life and avoiding being ripped off by our government. Lewis has worked very hard to get where he has, with his help with his father surviving on peanuts, so why give 40% of what he earns to the government? 20% maybe, but not 40%. I also dissagree with comments made about him being up his own backside, he comes accross as a nice, grounded chap with his head screwed on. Perhaps Lewis and his Dad are just really enjoying reaching the top from their modest background.

On a lighter note, that was a fantastic victory today! Go Lewis..... .

[quote user="joshncfc"]

On a lighter note, that was a fantastic victory today! Go Lewis..... .

[/quote]

Good on you Josh - what a pity others on here can''t take enjoyment from our Country doing well.

[quote user="7rew"][quote user="Dicky"]

I am an economist by education

[/quote]

I did wonder.  Economists in general know the price of everything and the value of nothing. I bet you read the Mail as well.

[/quote]

7rew - I have always considered you one of the more balanced posters on here, but it seems that you are another that cannot help making broad sweeping judgements on people. For you info, I read the Telegraph and the Sun (although one of my mates is the chief sports writer for the Mail) - what does that make me?

Yes but as he only races once in England and earns his money elsewhere in the world why shouldn''t he be allowed to keep more of it, This Country has been very good at nicking other peoples wealth and (LAND) for that matter, I say good luck to him he deserves his money and fame, I seem to remember a few seasons  ago people were Harping on about Button, he has no chance of winning at Beccles karting track