Sign in to follow this  
Ivan Easter

Strikers

we never get big named strikers, we will get someone like Beckford who is unproven at this level. And you cant say Ashton and Earnshaw because that was when we were in the prem and just after.

[quote user="ncfclad"]

we never get big named strikers, we will get someone like Beckford who is unproven at this level. And you cant say Ashton and Earnshaw because that was when we were in the prem and just after.

[/quote]Yeah I can, look; "Ashton and Earnshaw, Ashton and Earnshaw, Ashton and Earnshaw" SEE!Okay - what about Hucks - I know we changed him to a winger, but he was alway originally a striker. Or are you saying Hucks was rubbish.... cos if you do... by God... I''ll, I''ll, I''ll.... make frowny smiley face at ya! [:P]

If P''boro wern''t demanding 5 mil for him i''d say McClean, he looks like he''d do a job for us.

Not a huge fan of Morrisson or Ameobi though in all honesty, would rather go for someone from the lower leagues or even give Chris Martin another run in the team.

[quote user="Eggy"]What about Morrison & Ameobi up front ?
[/quote]

Would be great, but its not just buying Ameobi  (Morrison is free) its the £1.5 mill a year in wages they would want and if we have a cap at £8k a week then no hope

[quote user="Be Smart"]

[/quote]

Would be great, but its not just buying Ameobi  (Morrison is free) its the £1.5 mill a year in wages they would want and if we have a cap at £8k a week then no hope

[/quote]If we really do have a cap of 8k a week we have got problems. We can forget Ameobi for a start. Do we have a cap of 8k?

[quote user="Be Smart"]

[/quote]

[/quote]If we really do have a cap of 8k a week we have got problems. We can forget Ameobi for a start. Do we have a cap of 8k?

Sig,I remember them although I personally had a Tomahawk and was always jealous of my mates Boxer!I reckon that we will be pleasantly surprised if Cullum gets in at our strike partnership. Although I cant believe Chris Martin has got awful overnight. If we could get him playing without fear again he could be a real threat this season!!

[quote user="Lambo8"]

If P''boro wern''t demanding 5 mil for him i''d say McClean, he looks like he''d do a job for us.

Not a huge fan of Morrisson or Ameobi though in all honesty, would rather go for someone from the lower leagues or even give Chris Martin another run in the team.

[/quote]

You would prefer to give Chris Martin a go rather than Ameobi or Morrison?

Really?

How about West Ham youngster Freddy Sears on loan?

I''d be happy if we had him then added a permanent signing to go with him.

[quote user="tribes"][quote user="Be Smart"]

[/quote]

[/quote]If we really do have a cap of 8k a week we have got problems. We can forget Ameobi for a start. Do we have a cap of 8k?[/quote]

I read it somewhere not to sure where, but if true its a real worry Martin Taylor was on 18k a week

[quote user="Lambo8"]

[/quote]

I think we need a minimum of 2 permanent strikers, ideally 3 and then maybe a loan.

[quote user="Be Smart"][quote user="tribes"][quote user="Be Smart"]

[/quote]

[/quote]If we really do have a cap of 8k a week we have got problems. We can forget Ameobi for a start. Do we have a cap of 8k?[/quote]

I read it somewhere not to sure where, but if true its a real worry Martin Taylor was on 18k a week

[/quote]Yes I read it too. A poster started a thread with it. He got it from his source who seemed to know what a few players were earning eg Docherty on 7k down from 9k.

Depends on "source" how accurate info is. So many say their sources are so reliable and in a lot of cases(most) they prove not to be.

[quote user="tribes"][quote user="Be Smart"][quote user="tribes"][quote user="Be Smart"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Yes I read it too. A poster started a thread with it. He got it from his source who seemed to know what a few players were earning eg Docherty on 7k down from 9k.

Depends on "source" how accurate info is. So many say their sources are so reliable and in a lot of cases(most) they prove not to be.

[/quote]Smart. By the way are you feeling more positive now after the "crazy" post?

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]Sig,

I remember them although I personally had a Tomahawk and was always jealous of my mates Boxer!

I reckon that we will be pleasantly surprised if Cullum gets in at our strike partnership. Although I cant believe Chris Martin has got awful overnight. If we could get him playing without fear again he could be a real threat this season!!
[/quote]

The Boxer! I''d forgotten about that Snakepit boys. Oh those were the days, jumpers for goalposts.....

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="Lambo8"]

[/quote]

I think we need a minimum of 2 permanent strikers, ideally 3 and then maybe a loan.

[/quote]

like totally dude.

Yes Tribes, nothing is going to change if I go in to one over the lack of anything happening, the club and board will do whatever the heck they want. I just don''t want to go through another season like last year and after Glenn made all those statements about new heroes,etc you expect things, big things to happen now!!!!!!!

[quote user="sig"]I thought this thread might be about bikes of the 70s and 80s.  Anyone else remember Strikers, Grifters or Choppers?[/quote]

Yes. I use to have a chopper, they were very handy for giving people seaties.

[quote user="Be Smart"]Yes Tribes, nothing is going to change if I go in to one over the lack of anything happening, the club and board will do whatever the heck they want. I just don''t want to go through another season like last year and after Glenn made all those statements about new heroes,etc you expect things, big things to happen now!!!!!!![/quote]Don''t take what I said on the "crazy" post literally. It''s all this "irony" and "satire" that has affected me.

[quote user="Dan"]

[quote user="sig"]I thought this thread might be about bikes of the 70s and 80s.  Anyone else remember Strikers, Grifters or Choppers?[/quote]

Yes. I use to have a chopper, they were very handy for giving people seaties.

[/quote]

Ah, I had a chopper back in the crazy 80''s days! Good times. Good times.

Someone rode past me a few days back on one & I was immediately struck with 8 year old jealousy!

Yeah, I think there is a grifter collecting rust in my garage. Wonder if its worth anything?