Sign in to follow this  
susie b

Preston Fans Today

I just wanted to say how brilliant I thought the Preston fans were today. They joined in everything and many stayed at the end for a good while too. This is exactly how friendly rivalry should be, and they were a credit to their club. Well done also to Craig Brown and his team for coming here and playing their part in an open game of good football. They came to win and not to be a bunch of spoilers, and I certainly think that they were one of the better sides we have seen here this season. Good luck to them next season. There''s no reason why they shouldn''t do well if they can defend just a bit better than they did on occasions today.
As for the overall occasion, I don''t think it will ever be forgotten by those fortunate enough to witness it. The atmosphere was breathtaking - very similar to Cardiff - and Iwan''s final lap at the end was so emotional. Kept thinking ''this is history in the making'', and it wasn''t the first time I''d thought that in the past couple of weeks. I am just so, so proud to be a City fan, and completely choked when I think of what everyone at the club has achieved - not forgetting the City No.13. Excellent player again today, I thought! Oooerrr...pass the tissues again someone!!!

You''re right Susie B, the Preston fans certainly did their bit in creating the unique atmosphere that we all witnessed today. If there was one game you would want to take a football ''non-lover'' to in order to convert them then this was it !! A big pat on the back to all those who made the long trip from ''Up North'' !
Sitting where I do (Barclay Upper) I always like to keep half an eye on the behaviour of the away fans. Some of the bigger name teams (Sheffield United, West Ham) could take a leaf out of the book of the likes of Preston and Walsall me thinks.
Strange how some of the best team performances I''ve seen this season have come from teams at the wrong end of the table. Preston weren''t bad and I was also quite impressed with Deby, Coventry and Nottingham Forest too !
Funny how easy it is to pass the acolades when your team is top of the league and about to win the championship ! Wonder how complimentary we''ll be to other teams performances & supporters this time next season ??!?

My self and a few others from the pinkun were sitting in with the preston fans and I must say they were fantastic. I would say that there were about 100 city fans in total. Just after the first whistle 6 or 7 city fans were took from the preston end and put in the city end, but the preston fans were willing for them to stay. The banter which I heard was good and there was no trouble at all. The syewards I must say were very accommodating. None of us showed our colours, obviously, but they did accept a few requests from city fans at half time to move over the cordon and into the home section. After the final whistle about 50 preston fans stayed and again they watched with good humour and understanding. Well done to everyone involved and it was great to see some of the other posters on here before the game. Thanks for arranging that everyone.