Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

Our squad

It is my belief that we have a very decent squad. Obviously we need 4/5 new players but i am confident that we will sign what is needed.

Goalkeepers:

IMO we only need an experienced understudy to D. Marshall

Defenders:

Back up to Jon Otsemobor, 2 central defenders (ideally Gorkss and Taylor) and Bertrand solves the left sided cover.

Midfielders:

Enough of them to shake a stick at

Strikers:

Shola Ameobi, Ched Evans, Rasiak or Rigters( 3 of those 4)

[quote user="C.T"]

It is my belief that we have a very decent squad. Obviously we need 4/5 new players but i am confident that we will sign what is needed.

Goalkeepers:

Defenders:

Back up to Jon Otsemobor, 2 central defenders (ideally Gorkss and Taylor) and Bertrand solves the left sided cover.

Midfielders:

Strikers:

[/quote]

Not being picky but thats 7 new players isnt it??

But yeh i do agree, i do feel our squad is a decent squad especially when we sort out the forward line centre back position. !

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]I agree on most areas but feel the midfield is high on numbers low on quality.

We need a playmaker to run games!
[/quote]

I agree, we def need an attacking midfield playmaker. You can add a right midfielder to list as well. Chadders won''t stay fit IMHO and I still have question marks over Crofts fittness.

So that makes 9 new players before the start of the season!

Yeh our squad is pretty good, another right back, 2 centre backs, a creative midfielder that can pick a pass a bit like a Safri type player and then maybe 2 or 3 new strikers and then we will be well on our way.  I think all these signings will happen in a very short period of time over 2 or 3 days in the next couple of weeks.  Can''t wait!!

I think we can expect to see some incoming players capable of playing in two or more positions as Roeder has hinted at before.

eg. a cb/rb or a winger/attacking mid/striker.

I definitely think we need a creative/attacking midfielder, I know little about Gow whom appears this type of player - perhaps he is the answer/perhaps not. Maybe even Glenns not sure!

I''m very eager to see which strikers Roeder is going to bring in! Most of the signings have been of a good pedigree so far, heres hoping Roeders saved his pennies for the forward positions.

Goalkeeper - Just experienced cover needed i.e. Russel Hoult

Defence - Cover for right back i.e. Jack Cork, two first choice centre backs i.e. Gorkks and Taylor

Midfield - Covered especially if Gow signs

Forwards - Strong target man i.e. Rasiak/Howard and a quick powerful front man i.e Ameobi/ Rigters/Beckford

[quote user="Giovani Dos Santos"]

Goalkeeper - Just experienced cover needed i.e. Russel Hoult

Defence - Cover for right back i.e. Jack Cork, two first choice centre backs i.e. Gorkks and Taylor

Midfield - Covered especially if Gow signs

Forwards - Strong target man i.e. Rasiak/Howard and a quick powerful front man i.e Ameobi/ Rigters/Beckford

[/quote]

[y]

you''ve summed up my post perfectly

[quote user="C.T"]

Goalkeepers:

Defenders:

Midfielders:

Strikers:

[/quote]That looks good. Do you not think that out of the 7 players that should be coming in, 5 will be loans. Roeder has already said that he will use te loan facility to its maximum this summer.

I would guess at 2 permanent strikers and 1 loan striker(he has said recently that''s what he''d like). The rest to be loans.

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]I agree on most areas but feel the midfield is high on numbers low on quality.We need a playmaker to run games![/quote]What about this chap?http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2007/jan/09/sport.comment1

[quote user="C.T"]

Goalkeepers:

Defenders:

Midfielders:

Strikers:

[/quote]

I think CT, that virtually every supporter of a championship club would feel they had a good squad with the addition of 7 decent players.

Mark .Y.

[quote user="Mark .Y."][quote user="C.T"]

Goalkeepers:

Defenders:

Midfielders:

Strikers:

[/quote]

I think CT, that virtually every supporter of a championship club would feel they had a good squad with the addition of 7 decent players.

Mark .Y.

[/quote]but we NEED 7 players to have any kind of a squad...let alone team!!!!