Sign in to follow this  
HookNorton Canary

Iwan leaving means ?? in

i think NW would only of got rid of Iwan if he knew he was gonna buy at least 2 strikers in the summer!!
think about it, our attack next year
1)Huckerby (been playing left wing anyway)
2)Svensson
3)McKenzie
4)you could say jarvis but i dont see him playing much next year

that aint enough for the premiership, he needs 2 more at least!!
im thinking
1)crouch
2)earnshaw

also the departure of PC looks to me as if he''s gonna buy an experienced premiership (maybe even former international) keeper to help Green along!! any keepers fit that criteria??

last point, my dads mate from portsmouth seems to think that a deal to bring harper back (permenantly) is already on the cards!!

Crouch and Earnshaw are two brilliant players, but would cost us a total of about £7/8M!! Don''t think Nige has got that sort of money to spend on just two players.

As regards to Harper, I fail to see the point in bringing him in. I honestly don''t think he could cut it in the Prem. He''s not getting a game down in Portsmouth. I''m sure they would want to get rid of him though.

I think we will be looking for 1 new striker. Most clubs run a squad with a choice of 4 decent strikers plus up and coming talent. With Matt, Leon and Hux we have three already, swap Iwan for A N Other (Crouch?) and you have 4 players vying for 2 starting places with a mix of styles to give Nige options against various premier defensive formations. Sitting in the wings we then have Jarvis and Hendo as our young talent.

Buy a couple of midfielders who can feed Hux and partner and we will revert to 4-4-2 next year and remain as potent as we have been at the end of this season - with the felxibility to revert to 4-3-3, knowing we can make it work.

OTBC

Once again Zipper your thoughts echo mine. We''ll sign one forward, either one with lots of pace or one to hold the ball. Gotta be Crouch or an Earnshaw type.
Jarvis will be loaned on a when we need him basis, he''s not ready yet.
Loan signings for cover should an injury occur I feel.

I should imagine Worthy has a stack of player videos to trawl through over the summer in his mission to sign the right men. Don''t listen to the agent scum Worthy!!!!!

Harper has been playing for Portsmouth, at least going by the pic in the paper this week of them beating Leeds... unless someone looking very much like him had nicked his shirt!

I think he/Cooper would be okay, not outstanding in the Prem, but ok, and would improve on what we''ve got on the right wing..... err, Rivers? Hendo playing out of position?

Ama

Hmm - no - I cant see Zema being offered a renewal of his contract - but I sure he will prove a bargain buy for a div1 or div 2 player if he can get back to full fitness.