Sign in to follow this  
ca

Moderators

Have just seen on a another NCFC message board comments about the post from James Frost who put his Preston ticket up for auction (on the tickets section).
Firstly I thought it was against the law to sell or auction your ticket for more than the face value but even more importantly that is not the sort of publicity or behaviour we need on this fine message board.Surely you can stop people doing this by pulling their posts?

What do people think?
We can cut all posts except where people will sell at face value, but if you are desperate for a ticket, would you rather have the option or not?
We''ll take a view from the posters, and go with that.

Celia

I can generally obtain tickets, and would never pay above the face value of a ticket for one

this is probably going to be more of an issue next season. i do not want to see away supporters in among canary fans next season - it will mean that season ticket holders or members have sold on their tickets. i want to see the club take action against these supporters (ie the ones selling tickets to away fans not necessarily those are lent to friends for free).

however, if any one wants to see a ticket at more than face value, can i suggest that they are directed towards Ebay and not use this as an auction site.

In my opinion this superb board is for true Norwich City fans. What kind of self respecting city fan would sell their ticket to the highest bidder. I think posts advertising tickets should be banned unless the seller is willing to take face value. Imagine next year when we play Arsenal, Chelsea, Man utd etc. "Fans" will be trying to sell their tickets for hundreds of pounds. We don''t need these kind of people in this messgae board. Just my opinion.

i agree with DD

why would anyone want to make money selling on a ticket to anyone else

i have on occasion given my son''s ticket to his mates or my mates (he works some saturdays) but never for more than the cost of a game, usually just the price of a drink lol

people who do this should be stopped, but sadly won''t be, nor can anything be done to stop those willing to pay 10x more for that ticket, sad fact of life i am afraid

I believe there are legal issues associated with allowing a message board to be run as an auction site.

I think the behaviour mentioned is reprehensible but there are genuine fans who have a spare ticket and would like it to go to a good home.

You could ensure that anything put up for sale had to have a price associated (at no greater than face value)- you are prepared to sell at that price and the first prepared to pay makes the deal.

In fact why stop at tickets. What about other City related memorabilia such as old programmes etc.?

IMHO all ticket sales should be banned on this board. If you dont know someone to GIVE your ticket to, sell it on eBay but not on this board.
By the way Butch, if you are able to get tickets fairly easily I would like 4 for Crewe please.

I think that all tickets that are sold to others should be at face value.i dont have a problem with people selling them on here,but anyone who tries to auction their ticket should be reported to the appropriate authorities

I guess that people will sell them on ebay if not

or even outside the ground i do think to a certain point people should pay what ever they think the ticket is worth

But I think everyone is right it is bang out of order to sell tickets to true Norwich fans above face value

I think next season we will even see people/touts buying tickets to make money from poor ticketless Norwich fans and even away fans

because 50 or 100 quid to a chelsea or man utd fan is probably not far off what they pay anyway at home games