Sign in to follow this  
shortfatb

You've got to admire Cullum

“The discussions were very amicable from my perspective but sadly nothing could happen. We just keep our fingers crossed that we have a good season.”
 He is a genius with the way he knows exactly the right thing to say. His every sentence makes the current board look more out of sync with the fans. This deal isn''t dead, but I think we all know who aren''t feeling to well! 

You are right,

One of my first posts on here was basically stating how Cullum is almost in a no lose situation. Now the takover talks have broken down he is still in a very good position. The fact that the talks have come to nothing has done nothing but anger the majority of the fans if this forum is anything to go by. The result of this being if the team do not perform this season and there is every indication of that so far; the lack of signings added to the severe lack of depth and quality in the squad, then Cullum can ride into town with his corporate cavalry a few months down the line and make a real offer for the club. I am sure that after months of abuse from the terraces which will not do the Delia Smith celebrity any good at all, she will be only too happy to surrender her position.

[quote user="WrightyBoy"]He seems to me that he is very sly and sneaky....he has no intention on paying the full asking price!![/quote]

Maybe he has been taking inspiration from Roeder over Martin Taylor, Ameobi etc (although I think he may be more successful in the long run) [;)]

He''s certainly opportunistic. He claims that this is not a business decision, but one ruled by passionate support of the club. But he''s still got his business hat on, otherwise he''d just offer the money for the shares.

If he''s a true supporter as he says he is... he''d write a cheque out immediately and give Glenn at least enough to bring in ONE target... what''s 1m to a billionnaire... but no... he sounds like he wants to have control of everything... I don''t like the sound of this.

However, the board have done themselves no favours either. I love this quote:-

“The search for new investment has been constant in the 10 years I have been at the club and the board is in constant dialogue with key businesses and individuals around Norwich"

WTF! I mean WTF!

Damn right. Why back in January didn''t he throw some money at the squad - EVERYONE wanted Tiny. Just think, if he had written out a cheque for £1.25million and bought Tiny he probably would have bought the favour of the fans.But there is a truth in there somewhere. If he had bought Tiny and our run continued we could have been looking at a top half of the table finish possibly even challenging for a play off spot. He would not have been able to get the club for such a knock-down price. In other words he wanted the club to fail so that the price he could get it at would be better.Would so many fans be kicking up a fuss if we had finished in a play-off spot? No he is using the fans - I wish more people could see that.

[quote user="shortfatb"]“The discussions were very amicable from my perspective but sadly nothing could happen. We just keep our fingers crossed that we have a good season.”
 He is a genius with the way he knows exactly the right thing to say. His every sentence makes the current board look more out of sync with the fans. This deal isn''t dead, but I think we all know who aren''t feeling to well! 
[/quote]

IMO Mr Cullum, with the convenient assistance of Archant, has won the propaganda war hands down. Most supporters, weary of the failures of the past 2 seasons and desparate for some mega-bucks messiah, couldn''t believe their eyes when EDP''s front page screamed out "20 MILLION FOR NEW PLAYERS"  a couple of weeks ago.Notwithstanding how anyone in their right mind could think that someone was just going to chuck that amount of  cash in our direction without some reward,that figure is all that some fans will see. God only knows what the truth is over  this supposed takeover and we can all speculate until Gordon Brown brings fuel tax down to 50p a litre or hell freezes over(whichever comes first). One thing is certain now,however, and that is Delia and the rest of the board will be dead in the water if Glen Roeder doesn''t get the quality players he needs and we find ourselves in the bottom 6 by October .

Worrying times ahead methinks [:(]

Mr Cullum might know the right thing to say to some people but for myself I am wary of greeks bearing gifts.  Why only now is he interested?  What happens to my small number of shares that I bought when the club was in trouble?  Whay guarantees do we have that this man isn''t just an asset stripper?  He may be genuine and have the club at heart but, to quote another phrase, Rome wasn''t built in a day.  Why cannot he serve an apprenticeship on the board and prove his worth.  If you think this club is in such a bad state take a look at other clubs around us and be thankful for small mercies.  I am not happy with the current situation but it could be a lot worse.  Do we really want to join the monopoly money circus that is cheapening the game we all love?  Sorry for the rant but lets get a sense of perspective about this.  We won''t miss what we never had.