Sign in to follow this  
we8wba

BINNERS BIGGER THAN US NOW? MORE AMBITION THATS FOR SURE

Town confirm Charisteas interest

Ipswich have confirmed they are in the hunt to sign Greece international Angelos Charisteas from German outfit Nuremberg.

The clubs are believed to be close to agreeing a fee for former Ajax frontman, who scored the winner in the Euro 2004 final as Greece beat Portugal 1-0.

Ipswich have also begun discussions with the player''s agent.

Chief executive Derek Bowden told the club''s official website: "We have spoken to Nuremberg about the player and although no fee has been agreed, we are not too far away.

"They have given us permission to speak to Charisteas and we have been in touch with his representatives and I''m sure we will be speaking again."

ALSO......

Ipswich close in on Skacel signing

Ipswich boss Jim Magilton has confirmed he is closing in on a deal to take Southampton midfielder Rudi Skacel to Portman Road.

The Czech Republic international has been in discussions with the Blues this week after a fee was agreed between the two clubs.

Skacel, 28, spent the second half of last season on loan at Hertha Berlin having joined Southampton in July 2006 from Scottish Premier League outfit Hearts.

"I see Rudi as a player that would add some extra quality to our squad," Magilton told the club''s official website.

"He has been to the club this week and had a look around and he was impressed by the facilities here and our plans for the future.

"We would like him at this club and have made him a very good offer and now it''s down to him. He has gone back to Prague to think over the move and we expect a decision very soon."

Its the truth though , they are building for the Premier league we look like a league 1 outfit and no amount of kidding ourselves will change that .We had our chance Smith turned it away .

[quote user="Iwan is God"]

Another Ipswich fan on here... Yawn!

[/quote]

Don''t you EVER say that to me again! You W/-\NKER!!!!!

[quote user="Iwan is God"]

[/quote]

[quote user="billy bunter"][quote user="Iwan is God"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Binner ...couldn''t resist