Sign in to follow this  
Muddy funster

Stop being sheep!

Stop and Think.....

You ok now? Good.

Delia out, merchandising bans, chanting, turning backs on club and players - it''s all utter Sheepshanks!  we are no worse off than we ever have been and certainly better than the Chase era.  Anyone who says otherwise wasn''t there or can''t remember!

Lets pull out the stops and support like only we can.  Show the club just how unlike normal Ovine football fans we are and sing and chant the club to the play-offs.  It can happen and we will be in the Premiership again. 

Stop being so negative.  If the deals off it''s off, if something happens, great, we are a viable option for investment whilst our support and fan base remains so good!  When that stops, our chances stop!

O T B C!

The irony wasn''t lost on me believe me - I am not however - I''m Norwich born and proud of it......it''s just the women here are far better than in Norfolk......sorry but it''s true.....

YET ANOTHER BRAINWASHED MORON!

YES, I REMEMBER ENDING ''TOP-FLIGHT'' SEASONS AS ONE OF THE BETTER SIDES IN THE DIVISION (7 OUT OF 9 SEASONS ABOVE HALFWAY) INCLUDING FINISHES OF 3rd, 4th & 5th. TWO F.A. CUP SEMI-FINALS & EUROPEAN FOOTBALL.

I ALSO REMEMBER PROMOTION TO THE ''TOP-FLIGHT'' IN 1st YEAR OF THE ''CHASE-ERA'', & THE RELEGATION TOWARDS THE END. I REMEMBER THE £6m OF DEBT & HIGH VALUE PLAYING SQUAD INHERITED BY THE CURRENT BOARD.

WE NOW HAVE DEBTS OF APPROACHING £20m, AND A 12 YEAR PERIOD OF UNDER ACHIEVEMENT TO REFLECT ON. OH YES, DESPITE TURNING CULLUM & HIS MONEY DOWN, WE ARE SO MUCH BETTER OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LAUGHABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="FramCanary"]

YES, I REMEMBER ENDING ''TOP-FLIGHT'' SEASONS AS ONE OF THE BETTER SIDES IN THE DIVISION (7 OUT OF 9 SEASONS ABOVE HALFWAY) INCLUDING FINISHES OF 3rd, 4th & 5th. TWO F.A. CUP SEMI-FINALS & EUROPEAN FOOTBALL.

I ALSO REMEMBER PROMOTION TO THE ''TOP-FLIGHT'' IN 1st YEAR OF THE ''CHASE-ERA'', & THE RELEGATION TOWARDS THE END. I REMEMBER THE £6m OF DEBT & HIGH VALUE PLAYING SQUAD INHERITED BY THE CURRENT BOARD.

WE NOW HAVE DEBTS OF APPROACHING £20m, AND A 12 YEAR PERIOD OF UNDER ACHIEVEMENT TO REFLECT ON. OH YES, DESPITE TURNING CULLUM & HIS MONEY DOWN, WE ARE SO MUCH BETTER OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LAUGHABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/quote]

The world of football is very different to what it was like back then, how many clubs of our size have had much success since the late 80''s / early 90''s

[quote user="Marty"][quote user="FramCanary"]

[/quote]

The world of football is very different to what it was like back then, how many clubs of our size have had much success since the late 80''s / early 90''s

[/quote]

First prermier league final table:

1Manchester United42241266731+3684UEFA Champions League 1993–94
First round
2Aston Villa422111105740+1774UEFA Cup 1993–94
First Round
3Norwich City42219126165-472
4Blackburn Rovers422011116846+2271
5Queens Park Rangers421712136355+863
6Liverpool421611156255+759
7Sheffield Wednesday421514137654+2259
8Tottenham Hotspur421611156066-659
9Manchester City421512155651+557
10Arsenal421511164038+256UEFA Cup Winners'' Cup 1993–94
First Round
11Chelsea421414145154-356
12Wimbledon421412165655+154
13Everton42158195355-253
14Sheffield United421410185453+152
15Coventry City421313165257-552
16Ipswich Town421216145055-552
17Leeds United421215155762-551
18Southampton421311185461-750
19Oldham Athletic421310196374-1149
20Crystal Palace421116154861-1349Relegated to Football League
Division One 1993–94

21Middlesbrough421111205475-2144
22Nottingham Forest421010224162-2140

Half of the clubs are no longer in the premier league...

But hey, most people on this board won''t let facts get in the wy of a good rant...

[quote user="Marty"][quote user="FramCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

NO, You''re right - It was all so easy back in those days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="colneycanary"]Are you some kind of "dunce". This was our best chance for years to get back in he prem and stay there![/quote]

spot on!

jas :)

The worlds moved on Moron!  Times have changed, football has finacially changed for the worse unless you''re a Premiership side. I find your response even more laughable - do you work for Archant?

[/quote]

[quote user="Muddy funster"]

Stop and Think.....

You ok now? Good.

Delia out, merchandising bans, chanting, turning backs on club and players - it''s all utter Sheepshanks!  we are no worse off than we ever have been and certainly better than the Chase era.  Anyone who says otherwise wasn''t there or can''t remember!

Lets pull out the stops and support like only we can.  Show the club just how unlike normal Ovine football fans we are and sing and chant the club to the play-offs.  It can happen and we will be in the Premiership again. 

Stop being so negative.  If the deals off it''s off, if something happens, great, we are a viable option for investment whilst our support and fan base remains so good!  When that stops, our chances stop!

O T B C!

[/quote]

We are no worse off than we ever have been?  Ok so we are no worse off than last week, but ever have been?   If fans want to protest, chant and turn their backs on the board then surely that''s up to them.  If people want to support Delia and Co that''s up to them.  I never heard of fans turning their backs on players during the Chase era!  I was there and remember it like yesterday.

Fans will support their team, and I don''t know why you even mention it.  It''s the board some fans don''t support, and something that has been happening for a while now.  We will be in the Prem, lol ok, prudence will see that we won''t.  Lack of ambition will see that we don''t.

We are a viable option for investment, but which other rich people in Norfolk will invest? 

We have a fantastic fanbase, but for how much longer will they put up with the lack of ambition and lack of SQUAD investment, who knows?

Yes Mudly, perhaps we should forget the past 12 years of mediocrity & look to join this changed world of football.

To do so, we need to find ourselves a multi-millionaire city fan willing to provide us with a takeover plan involving the promise of a vast transfer budget!.

OUR ''FAN'' BASE INCLUDES A LARGE (BUT DWINDLING) NUMBER OF MORONS LIKE YOU.

Yes Mudly, perhaps we should forget the past 12 years of mediocrity & look to join this changed world of football.

To do so, we need to find ourselves a multi-millionaire city fan willing to provide us with a takeover plan involving the promise of a vast transfer budget!.

OUR ''FAN'' BASE INCLUDES A LARGE (BUT DWINDLING) NUMBER OF MORONS LIKE YOU.

[/quote]just because he doesn''t share you point of view he''s a moron is he? I see no one is questioning Cullums part in this, firstly using the papers to put him in a good light to the fans! were you present at the negotiations? NO so how do you know if Cullum made a good offer to buy the shares? he stuck to his £20m for transfers bollox so he obviously doesn''t love the club enough to do it properly..............you''re pathetic

yes Football has moved on... so why the hell didnt our board have the Foresight to move with it?!?!?!?

clubs of our size dont have succes anymore?

West Ham, Pompey, Millwall, Southampton have all been to the FA cup final in recent years.. infact, it wasnt that long ago, Pompey actually won the cup! shock horror!...

Although most of us hate them,.. Fulham... how many years have they spnt in the top flight with Al Fayed at the helm? Fulham, Pompey, i''d argue even Boro are all similar sized clubs.. how come they can enjoy premiership football and we cant?

You''re missing the point.  I appear to be a moron because I am not calling for the heads of the board members.  Lest we forget Flam, lest we forget.

To compete nowadays we do need a sugar daddy - of course.  I simply said that potential sugar daddies are looking at sleeping giants with a tremendous fan base to pick up for less than they''ll be worth once hitting and staying in the premiership.  That''s us that is!

Or maybe we can cause a huge rift between fans/directors/manager etc by calling each other morons (i apologise for my part) and whining on about our chances of getting loads of cash have been ruined.  I want the full story before I start slinging wild accusations around.

You''re missing the point.  I appear to be a moron because I am not calling for the heads of the board members.  Lest we forget Flam, lest we forget.

To compete nowadays we do need a sugar daddy - of course.  I simply said that potential sugar daddies are looking at sleeping giants with a tremendous fan base to pick up for less than they''ll be worth once hitting and staying in the premiership.  That''s us that is!

Or maybe we can cause a huge rift between fans/directors/manager etc by calling each other morons (i apologise for my part) and whining on about our chances of getting loads of cash have been ruined.  I want the full story before I start slinging wild accusations around.

[/quote]Agreed, noone knows the whole story so theres no need to get shirty flinging names around like at primary school. I just think Cullum was taking the piss, he was using the paper to get to us and therefore covering his back if his offer wasn''t excepted..............it looks like he was trying to pick up the club on the cheap and take the piss

[/quote]

Fair enough!

[/quote]

Capitals just made your argument 10% less effective, which was sitting at about 10% to start with. 20% is saying ''your mum'' and nothing else.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

yes Football has moved on... so why the hell didnt our board have the Foresight to move with it?!?!?!?

clubs of our size dont have succes anymore?

West Ham, Pompey, Millwall, Southampton have all been to the FA cup final in recent years.. infact, it wasnt that long ago, Pompey actually won the cup! shock horror!...

Although most of us hate them,.. Fulham... how many years have they spnt in the top flight with Al Fayed at the helm? Fulham, Pompey, i''d argue even Boro are all similar sized clubs.. how come they can enjoy premiership football and we cant?

[/quote]

They have, they just don''t have the finances to keep up with the multi millionaires that currently sit in the chairman seat at those clubs. We are poor in comparison, screaming and protesting at those who have the best interests at heart of the football club isn''t going to pull rabbits out of hats. Yes the Cullum breakdown is a set back but we don''t know the full story and until we do, let''s just get behind the team and hopefully Glen will use the 5 million or so we do have at present with good effect.