Sign in to follow this  
barclayboy1902

** PROTEST at spurs game,if things dont get better **

i think it could be time for the nicey nicey norwich fans to get nasty, i think we have been mugs long enough,myself included.i like many others have stood by them through all the bad times as all fans should, but this latest scenario might be bridge too far,we have not been given any sort of explanations as to what has been going on although i think most of us knew what the outcome was going to be,this was obvious from the boards unwillingness to even meet up at first,they then release the story that they were prepared to meet just to please the fans,knowing that they were never going to accept.doncaster  gave a naff explanation  on anglia how the clubs debts was an issue but im sure with takeovers of other clubs that the debt just gets transferred.maybe the cullum deal wasnt feasable but with no information being passed on to us loyal mugs how can we draw any other conclusion other than delia refusing to stand aside.i feel that if we recieve no information or welcome news on the transfer front we should consider some kind of show of our feelings,im not one to agree with protests at league games but the up and coming friendly  against spurs would be an ideal platform to show our feelings and strength, tickets for the game are cheap, so if all those who would like to protest were to buy a ticket so they expect a large turn out only to find that the loyal fans were forfeiting there money to protest outside the city stand,with fortress carrow road empty,the game live on sentanta our feelings would be sent out to the nation.However if we sign these 6-7 players that all rumors are hoping for and included in that are Siberski,Ameobi,Taylor,Davenport then lets just carry on as if nothing happened (dont think it will happen somehow).

Delia said she did not want money for her shares she wanted somebody to invest in the team , Cullum offered just that she turned him away.

the way the whole thing has been handled,making it as difficult as possible for cullum to take over, £56m asking price, £20m which was for tranfers so that would make £36m takeover, £16m debts that could be transferred to cullum, leaves £20m at £30 per share to pay off delia and the turners doesnt sound like giving there shares away

firstly, do you feel better now you got that off your chest??  GOOD.second. the spurs game is sold out. and thirdly, i havent been to the lane for a while so dont ruin that game for the people who want to go and see it. 

I think you will find that the cook said she did not want to make money out of her shares. Getting back the money the club have had for nothing is not in my eyes unreasonable.

As for quoting all the terms again of the £56 million don''t waste your time. We all know that Cullum could have taken control of the club for under £10 million.  There are 2 vilains in this whole sorry scenario.

Cullum for stirring the brown stuff with noi serious intention of buying into the club.

Archants for being taken for mugs by Cullum with their very poor reporting of the whole saga.

Lets just imagine these protests "force" Delia and her old man out of the club. Bearing in mind they will want their money back where do you think it will come from?

I''ll give you a clue - you won''t like the answer. Just remember they have control of the club and can realise any assetts they want to bring cash into the club.

fair points,i did say that maybe the whole deal was unfeasable but the way we have been kept in the loop and with poor media work as you rightly said has been disgusting,no loyal fans no club. And yes i did make me feel better getting it of my chest. i just cant see how a team with 20,000 season tickets,recent player sales,development of the land,parachute payments, and a succesful catering side to the business  struggle to match the spending power of other teams like burnly etc

Well............... that was one of the hardest posts I''ve ever had to read. Just managed to make it though.  What a load of complete drivel!!! And as for the complete back peddle at the end, you might as well have said "sign Ronaldo or we''re all off".

How dare you suggest that if we don''t go along with your stupid plan that we are not "loyal fans". You go right ahead and pay for your ticket and start your little protest. I think most people going will have a little laugh at you standing with your 2 mates and your big banner when we walk past you to go and SUPPORT our TEAM.

As for no information being passed on to "us loyal mugs", well give it a bl**dy chance!! The story has only just been released ffs.  IF and WHEN we find out that GR has not been given the funds promised to him, ie. the start of the season, and we don''t have the necessary squad in place, then by all means, have a go.  Until then may I respectfully suggest that you wind your neck in.

[quote user="jbghost"]

I think you will find that the cook said she did not want to make money out of her shares. Getting back the money the club have had for nothing is not in my eyes unreasonable.

As for quoting all the terms again of the £56 million don''t waste your time. We all know that Cullum could have taken control of the club for under £10 million.  There are 2 vilains in this whole sorry scenario.

Cullum for stirring the brown stuff with noi serious intention of buying into the club.

Archants for being taken for mugs by Cullum with their very poor reporting of the whole saga.

Lets just imagine these protests "force" Delia and her old man out of the club. Bearing in mind they will want their money back where do you think it will come from?

I''ll give you a clue - you won''t like the answer. Just remember they have control of the club and can realise any assetts they want to bring cash into the club.

[/quote]

That is the most pertinent post of the day, my friend. Driving Delia into a corner like a wounded animal will do no one any favours. People need to think about what they''re doing before they go off half-cocked. But they won''t.

And in terms of rumours, where the hell did Davenport come from? I

swear that whenever someone lists our "potential targets" they add

another name on the end... by the end of the summer there''s going to be

about 1000 players linked to us... I''m going to try one, see if it has

legs...

I think we''re going to sign Sibierski, Ameobi, Taylor, Davenport and Sproule... [:)]

scooby - one of the hardest posts to read and a load of drival is a bit harsh in the wake of recent african dictator posts.do you not think that the board have something up there sleeves, seems hard to think that they would turn down cullum, give no explanation and let us fans simmer with an uprising.

sadly scooby that is what we have been reduced to reading drivel,speculating and picking holes in each other

the spurs game is a friendly.. Friendlys are atteneded by children on their 1st visit.. People who havent been to a game in years.. closet spurs fans who think its great to jibe the Norwich fans when they probably dont even know where White Hart lane is and have never been there.. and Cluless Local people who look at you in a funny way when you try and chant, who dont know any players and sit there chatting to each other all game even when a goal is scored...

hardly Ketts Army are they!

lets wait till the season is in full swing

jas :)

I dont thin anybody wants to drive the cook into a corner , if we could just get Earnie to drive over her in his hummer a few times it should just about do the trick .

Blimey that was a u-turn and a half..lol

For the record Jas is right, I for one will be attending the Spurs game with my 7 year old grandson who will be attending his first football game at Norwich.

Do I want him upset by witnessing protests.......NO!!

I am as gutted as anybody about this whole fiasco but a friendly game is the wrong time and place.  There will be a time and place but not the pre-season friendlies.

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]

For the record Jas is right, I for one will be attending the Spurs game with my 7 year old grandson who will be attending his first football game at Norwich.

I am as gutted as anybody about this whole fiasco but a friendly game is the wrong time and place.  There will be a time and place but not the pre-season friendlies.

[/quote]

see..

[quote]Friendlys are atteneded by children on their 1st visit[/quote] :p lol!

and i do agree.. wait until the season is in full swing.

What sort of message do you think this ill timed protest will send to the manager and  team just when they are preparing for the season? Fanis v board can only end in disaster.

Very big of you ''Ncfc No Ambition''If you must resort to personal insults, save them for when you can look someone in the eye.It''s a bit cowardly to insult anybody via a message board.Feel free to email.

What a ridiculous topic in all honesty.

Explain to me please how we will come across in a good light to new players when they come to the first game at Carrow Road vs Spurs in a friendly to find masses of so called "Fans" parading outside rather than cheering them on, what a great feeling that will put in the new lads.

Get a grip and get behind the new boys on the friendly

Three and three excellent ones.

Amazes me how many people are willing to turn on Delia Smith for an offer they no nothing about.

Cullum really has done a good job of sucking people in..

that is the point bigus, an offer we know nothing about, maybe the fans would be more sympathetic if we knew just how unreasonable the offer was

if not we will all assume that the only reason is delias refusal to let go

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

the spurs game is a friendly.. Friendlys are atteneded by children on their 1st visit.. People who havent been to a game in years.. closet spurs fans who think its great to jibe the Norwich fans when they probably dont even know where White Hart lane is and have never been there.. and Cluless Local people who look at you in a funny way when you try and chant, who dont know any players and sit there chatting to each other all game even when a goal is scored...

hardly Ketts Army are they!

lets wait till the season is in full swing

[/quote]How can I get your message signature as mine please jas?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="IncH_HigH"]

[/quote]

see..

[quote]Friendlys are atteneded by children on their 1st visit[/quote] :p lol!

and i do agree.. wait until the season is in full swing.

[/quote]

Protesting against what exactly, that we haven''t sold the club on a very ambiguous offer? If it gets reported that we turned down an offer that was too good to turn down and did so because of ego then yes protest away, but I''ll guarantee this will not be the case.

[quote user="Bigus"]

Three and three excellent ones.

Amazes me how many people are willing to turn on Delia Smith for an offer they no nothing about.

Cullum really has done a good job of sucking people in..

[/quote]

Two good signings and a loan so far, not ideal is it, seeing as we need another possibly 5 players at least before season starts?

Thing is, it''s not just about what''s happened this past week, personally it''s something that''s been bubbling underneath for quite a while, years in fact, last season was the marzipan on the cake for me, almost being relegated, and that''s no crtisism of GR or the players, they did a marvelous job of keeping us up, however this board by their own admission have gone by the phrase ''''prudence with ambition''''.  This week really has been the icing on the cake as far as the board.  But those are just my personal feelings and thoughts.

I have a healthy respect for those who stick by the board, they have lost my support and respect, but that makes me no less a supporter than someone who supports the board.

every transfer window brings alot of negativity at the club,we always say that we were in for .....    just after they have signed for another club, but this window is one of the most important for many many years, after our brush with relegation and  thining out of the squad this really is important time, the complications of the takeover was the last thing we need

roeder done a great job keeping us up but unless he gets the funding our paper thin squad needs i fear he will have the same challange this year

likewise though a mass uproar at league games that has been talked about would also be as welcome as a kick in the head

at least no points at stake at the friendly fixture

But there is the morale at stake, the morale of the background staff must be a bit rattled, but as for the players they are sounding sharp and strong at the minute, as is Roeder, lets make sure they stay that way when they play in front of us all again for the first time this season.

Nothing better than making them all welcome back at Carrow Road in front of the faithful crowd so they can go into the final preparations with a boost and raring to get the competitive games underway.