Sign in to follow this  
King Beef

So after all of this, has EVERYONE lost the positivity?

Before all the Cullum talk, there was a tiny bit of optimism on this board about the coming season, no, we weren''t looking for a top two spot but people were starting to think that we could mount a genuine top six challenge. Yes, I am aware we have only made three signings thus far, one of which on loan, but I don''t think anyone can say anything other than they are benefitial and good purchases. Bertrand is potentially ours for the season, Clingan and Hoolihan are definately of first XI status.

Our man Roeder, he did the impossible last season, he restored team spirit and has PROMISED us a new look team, three in so far, many to come I''m sure. Glenn seems the kind you can look in the eye and trust, and I believe that now the takeover talk is all gone (for now, at least) he can now be sure of his budget and bring in the players he may well have had on hold in case he did have a few more pennies.

The board: well my personal stance is that their time is up, and their decision to not take Cullum''s deal up is not benefitial to this club. If there is a way of us fans getting our strong views to them and not effecting Glenn or the team then it is, indeed, a neccessity. But one thing is a must: if we all support City then we must continue to do just that: support the team, and keep doing that to the very death. NCFC is in our blood, we need to back the team and remain positive at games, not sing "Delia Out!" for 90 mins on the first home game of the season - keep the protests away from the team, despite this mess of a forum (at times!) we all want one thing (maybe apart from our frind from Wolverhampton..) and that is for Norwich City Football Club to be the best it can be, so let''s try and bring the positivity we had back and forget about Cullum''s wallet for a while, back Glenn, back the squad and OTBC.

I was optimistic.  Now I am angry that a chance to improve the club seems to be passing for political reasons.  If I had 1.3 billion I would have slapped 56 million on the table and told the board to f*** off out of my club.Bitter, angry.  Worried.  Signings - my god we had better pull a few rabbits out of the hat soon.  ONe thing this Cullum affair has done is take our eye of the fact WE HAVE HALF A TEAM.

[quote user="King Beef"]

Before all the Cullum talk, there was a tiny bit of optimism on this board about the coming season, no, we weren''t looking for a top two spot but people were starting to think that we could mount a genuine top six challenge. Yes, I am aware we have only made three signings thus far, one of which on loan, but I don''t think anyone can say anything other than they are benefitial and good purchases. Bertrand is potentially ours for the season, Clingan and Hoolihan are definately of first XI status.

Our man Roeder, he did the impossible last season, he restored team spirit and has PROMISED us a new look team, three in so far, many to come I''m sure. Glenn seems the kind you can look in the eye and trust, and I believe that now the takeover talk is all gone (for now, at least) he can now be sure of his budget and bring in the players he may well have had on hold in case he did have a few more pennies.

The board: well my personal stance is that their time is up, and their decision to not take Cullum''s deal up is not benefitial to this club. If there is a way of us fans getting our strong views to them and not effecting Glenn or the team then it is, indeed, a neccessity. But one thing is a must: if we all support City then we must continue to do just that: support the team, and keep doing that to the very death. NCFC is in our blood, we need to back the team and remain positive at games, not sing "Delia Out!" for 90 mins on the first home game of the season - keep the protests away from the team, despite this mess of a forum (at times!) we all want one thing (maybe apart from our frind from Wolverhampton..) and that is for Norwich City Football Club to be the best it can be, so let''s try and bring the positivity we had back and forget about Cullum''s wallet for a while, back Glenn, back the squad and OTBC.

[/quote]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]I''m just numb with worry and fear for our club, believe me, another Luton could happen this end too.[/quote]

I was concerned before all this PC stuff, and I said back then I would REALLY worry if we hadn''t signed anymore than the two + loan by season start.  So unless GR can work wonders and s**t miracles I am going to be going bald with worry for the first home game of the season.

I don''t think we are quite in Luton''s position yet Wiz, but it does concern me that if the right noises don''t come out of CR by the board and all we see on the pitch are another 5 or 6 loans, we lose our first few games, the fans will want blood.

It''s so much of a repeat of the feelings I had in the Chase era, it''s quite scary.

Not as easy as you think converting £1.7bn of business wealth into liquid assets. If Cullum is serious, then he will come back soon when he has had time to make more money available to him to buy the club outright, not just the £20m he is prepared to use now.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]I''m just numb with worry and fear for our club, believe me, another Luton could happen this end too.[/quote]

I agree Wiz. Whats happening to our club[:''(]

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Not as easy as you think converting £1.7bn of business wealth into liquid assets. If Cullum is serious, then he will come back soon when he has had time to make more money available to him to buy the club outright, not just the £20m he is prepared to use now.
[/quote]

But I thought that somebody said that he had converted £60m in April with this purpose in mind. Mind you, we''ve had so much smoke and so many mirrors recently that who knows what the case is. [*-)]

Fp ,are you optimistic for the season or that still might be a slight chance of a deal?Personally I am a mixture of angry and worried,like many others I do not understand the "in''s and out''s" of Cullum''s offer but as a football fan I think I can safely say the team we see against Blackpool will be weaker than what it could/should have been.If indeed everything is dead and buried there will be resentment at FCR with many wondering what could have been,oh well you can always get an overpriced Burger from Yellows before the game.  [:@]

I remain upbeat, as I don''t think Mr Cullum and his entourage, will just walk away with fleas in their ears from Deals no Deals and the rest of the Carra Clan.

They''re just setting out their stall.......and will be back.

Yes, but not to spend all the £60m on us, that''s for everything, i thought, so the Helicopter he''d been eyeing up, the holiday home in Bora Bora he saw in James Bond he fancied and a chew for the dog! Maybe when he has £200m of cash on the side to chuck at us (as he has near enough openly admitted he''d be doing, as he expects to lose out) he''ll use £60m of that to get us

[quote user="paul ncfc"]Fp ,are you optimistic for the season or that still might be a slight chance of a deal?
Personally I am a mixture of angry and worried,like many others I do not understand the "in''s and out''s" of Cullum''s offer but as a football fan I think I can safely say the team we see against Blackpool will be weaker than what it could/should have been.If indeed everything is dead and buried there will be resentment at FCR with many wondering what could have been,oh well you can always get an overpriced Burger from Yellows before the game.  [:@]
[/quote]

I still think there''s a chance of a deal, yes, and that it''s a bit more than ''slight'' but nowhere near certain. 

Like everyone else I''m concerned about the state of the squad, but I''m not at all sure that the Cullum situation has made any difference - not yet anyway.  There isn''t an embargo on transfers, or so we are told.  If there was it might actually be a positive sign, ie. that a deal was nearly done.  New players weren''t exactly flooding in like refugees from a war zone before all this started. 

Wiz old chum how do I get your signature picture into my signature? Thanks mate