Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Glenn doesn't know which set of players to sign.

Delia''s cheapies list  or Peter''s A list!

What a dilemma, poor fella.

So far, I suppose Clinigan, Hoolihan and Bertrand come from the overlap - but both lists are shortening as people posture.

We shall see.

Good luck Glenn.

OTBC

I''m not sure that is the case Bly.

I would have thought the sensible thing to do would be to prepare for the coming season on the assumption that things will remain as they are. He would be a rumm''un to not sign any players on the current ''Delia Regime'' budget in case nothing happens with Cullum and then find on the eve of the season that he is having to call Gossy out of retirement to make up the numbers!

If Cullum does get in I reckon we''ll be in for an exciting January transfer window my boy.

agreed bob... Roeder has to press on.. i doubt any take over will be completed before October/november anyway.... so it would be foolish to not get in bodies now.. we can always get in better quality in January should Cullum buy us.

jas :)

The priority at the moment must be a centre half and a centre forward. Get those in place during preseason before the friendlies start and I think we''ll be ok. If we''re lucky and don''t get any injuries, our first 11 will be good enough to make a positive start to the season. Then we strengthen the sqaud before the end of August, get a few high quality loans in during September and then reaccess in January to see what we still need. Look it really isn''t that bad a team...

Marshall

Semi               Doc               New CB            Drury/Bert

Chadwick          Clingan          Fozzy/Russell         Hoolahan

Curo         New CF

[quote user="Shannock Bob"]

I''m not sure that is the case Bly.

I would have thought the sensible thing to do would be to prepare for the coming season on the assumption that things will remain as they are. He would be a rumm''un to not sign any players on the current ''Delia Regime'' budget in case nothing happens with Cullum and then find on the eve of the season that he is having to call Gossy out of retirement to make up the numbers!

If Cullum does get in I reckon we''ll be in for an exciting January transfer window my boy.

[/quote]

If we could be in the top 10 in January and get the right players in it could be an exciting end to the season.

Maybe Bly has a point here? Just been reading the bit about Gow in the EDP sports section on their site and it says Gows agent has asked Docaster for an answer but he says he''ll speak to Roeder but gets no call back.

http://new.edp24.co.uk/content/sport/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=Sport&tBrand=EDPOnline&tCategory=Sport&itemid=NOED08%20Jul%202008%2017%3A04%3A44%3A773 Just seems alittle strange. Who is stalling Doncaster or Roeder?

IncH_HigH - Your signature amuses me;

Neil Doncaster, master of the low bid slow bid policy.

First bid too low, then bid too late..Then blame somebody else.....Job done,money saved

To write that you must surely believe it, can you give us some examples of where this "policy" has been used in the past?

[quote user="bunny"]

First bid too low, then bid too late..Then blame somebody else.....Job done,money saved

To write that you must surely believe it, can you give us some examples of where this "policy" has been used in the past?

[/quote]

Taylor in January window.

[quote user="bunny"]

[/quote]

The best center back we have had at the club in 10 years, Martin Taylor.

[quote user="IncH_HigH"][quote user="bunny"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Just knew you were going to say that..... Can I suggest that you go back and read what actually happened? ND gets a lot of stick on here but the Taylor saga had little to do with him.

if the cullum thing does happen we might not have to wait til januarys window, if they can sort out a deal soon and sign pre contract agreements to say that he will be taking over the club then he might put in the money before hand so we could have some money asap.

[quote user="bunny"][quote user="IncH_HigH"][quote user="bunny"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Just knew you were going to say that..... Can I suggest that you go back and read what actually happened? ND gets a lot of stick on here but the Taylor saga had little to do with him.

[/quote]

No need, I''m quite happy that I know what really took place.but thanks for the suggestion.

[quote user="IncH_HigH"][quote user="bunny"][quote user="IncH_HigH"][quote user="bunny"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No need, I''m quite happy that I know what really took place.but thanks for the suggestion.

[/quote]

Ok, It''s your right to wallow in your own ignorance.

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"]Whether we have Cullum''s money or not, Glenn should be having an urgent word with Kevin Phillips.

[/quote]

I agree. Always liked him as a striker. Just a tad short of real international class in the right team.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"]Whether we have Cullum''s money or not, Glenn should be having an urgent word with Kevin Phillips. [/quote]

I agree. Always liked him as a striker. Just a tad short of real international class in the right team.

OTBC

[/quote]

And now playing for Birmingham City.....

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"]Whether we have Cullum''s money or not, Glenn should be having an urgent word with Kevin Phillips.

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]
And now playing for Birmingham City.....
[/quote]

So I see.

Another one to strike off the A list.

OTBC

So I see.

OTBC

[/quote]

Off your A list, I presume you mean? Is that the same "A List" that Barclay Boy says contains Clinton Morrison and Freddie Eastwood...?

Regardless of if and when the takeover happens, this will not happen in time for the end of the transfer season. It may be there for Janaury, which could give us a big push. GR needs to stick to what list he had before the takeover talk began. I still believe that he has a budget of about 3 million.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

So I see.
Off your A list, I presume you mean? Is that the same "A List" that Barclay Boy says contains Clinton Morrison and Freddie Eastwood...?
[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

No.[:D]

OTBC

So far, I suppose Clinigan, Hoolihan and Bertrand come from the overlap - but both lists are shortening as people posture.

We shall see.

Good luck Glenn.

OTBCWell he knows now.

[/quote]

[quote user="tribes"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

We shall see.

Good luck Glenn.

OTBC

Well he knows now.

[/quote][/quote]

Yep he sure does.

Must have gone out the back and bayed at that Devon moon for five minutes last night.

OTBC

[/quote]

I don''t think either the board or Cullum do or will set the transfer targets.

Nor would I expect Glenn to stay around if either did, no matter what the budget was.

Looks like the cheapies option Glenn.

Sorry for you mate.

OTBC

[/quote]

Wrong, "cheapies" implies we actually have some money, I think the money we have "splashed"  so far demonstrates that.