Sign in to follow this  
barclay_canary

Shut up and support your club!!!!

Here we go. another bad turn in the life of NCFC. so bloody what?. you people have been waiting for this since Worthington left. Your chance to emerge and try and get a name for yourselves or score a point by saying something against City.  Im guessing its now that you crawl out of the woodwork and start hacking away and the Carrow road foundations until they crumble because you have the right to say and feel what you want. Utter Crap.  Its safe to assume that a lot of people are unhappy and they have a

right to be, but for once just shut up and SUPPORT your club and be a

NCFC fan through thick and thin.Under worthington we won the league and had a play off final, then when it all went wrong up came the hate squad and the worthy out began. When chase left and Delia and Co came in you all loved them and sang their name from the stands, Now things go wrong and guess what. you turn on them. suprise suprise. what next??? Roeder gets a few bad results and you turn on him next??? that wouldnt suprise me in the slightest.  I dont care if you all come back on here and criticise me for this or say something codasending back to me. i just dont care. what i care about is supporting a football club, Norwich City and that is it. in my eyes a true football fan is someone who will stand by the team and club no matter what.  Look what happened to gretna. did they jump up and start hating everyone. No, did they start a ''get the board out campaign'' No.  so why should we??ps. anyone with a petition can shove it.

For those not limited by horse blinkers, it is possible to support the club while still being openly upset about what is happening.

[quote user="up_barc_canary"]Here we go. another bad turn in the life of NCFC. so bloody what?. you people have been waiting for this since Worthington left. Your chance to emerge and try and get a name for yourselves or score a point by saying something against City.  Im guessing its now that you crawl out of the woodwork and start hacking away and the Carrow road foundations until they crumble because you have the right to say and feel what you want. Utter Crap.  Its safe to assume that a lot of people are unhappy and they have a

NCFC fan through thick and thin.Under worthington we won the league and had a play off final, then when it all went wrong up came the hate squad and the worthy out began. When chase left and Delia and Co came in you all loved them and sang their name from the stands, Now things go wrong and guess what. you turn on them. suprise suprise. what next??? Roeder gets a few bad results and you turn on him next??? that wouldnt suprise me in the slightest.  I dont care if you all come back on here and criticise me for this or say something codasending back to me. i just dont care. what i care about is supporting a football club, Norwich City and that is it. in my eyes a true football fan is someone who will stand by the team and club no matter what.  Look what happened to gretna. did they jump up and start hating everyone. No, did they start a ''get the board out campaign'' No.  so why should we??ps. anyone with a petition can shove it.[/quote]

[quote user="Grando"]Great. We''re the new Gretna.[/quote]

We are relatively financially stable, we have assets, (in the ground, hotel, colney) we are not solely reliable on one person for our survival, Gretna were. When Brookes Mileson withdrew his financial support the club could no longer sustain itself, Norwich can...

[quote user="Shangri-La"]

We are relatively financially stable, we have assets, (in the ground, hotel, colney) we are not solely reliable on one person for our survival, Gretna were. When Brookes Mileson withdrew his financial support the club could no longer sustain itself, Norwich can...

[/quote]

Gretna/ Norwich.....what a desperate comparrison!

Nothing will reduce my love of the club ubc, but in return for this loyalty I would like the club to do me the courtesy of saying why the talks broke down after just 24 hours so I can come to a sensible conclusion on what I think of them based on facts not emotion this morning.

How does Doncaster manage to keep so still while he answers those questions? He should be on the stage!

[/quote]

And we have a very poor team, which is what this whole issue is about. We will never invest in the right areas while this lot are in charge.

There is a difference between supporting the club and blindly accepting the shit we have to put up with week in week out.

We have been waiting for some players to actually build a football team. Unfortunately they have been excuses for them and led to us watching worse football season by season. So your statement is complete and utter nonsense, I support the team but not a board that will not help produce good football!!

[quote user="up_barc_canary"]Here we go. another bad turn in the life

of NCFC. so bloody what?. you people have been waiting for this since

Worthington left. Your chance to emerge and try and get a name for

yourselves or score a point by saying something against City.  Im

guessing its now that you crawl out of the woodwork and start hacking

away and the Carrow road foundations until they crumble because you

have the right to say and feel what you want. Utter Crap.  Its safe to assume that a lot of people are unhappy and they have a

NCFC fan through thick and thin.Under

worthington we won the league and had a play off final, then when it

all went wrong up came the hate squad and the worthy out began. When

chase left and Delia and Co came in you all loved them and sang their

name from the stands, Now things go wrong and guess what. you turn on

them. suprise suprise. what next??? Roeder gets a few bad results and

you turn on him next??? that wouldnt suprise me in the slightest. 

I dont care if you all come back on here and criticise me for this or

say something codasending back to me. i just dont care. what i care

about is supporting a football club, Norwich City and that is it. in my

eyes a true football fan is someone who will stand by the team and club

no matter what.  Look what happened to gretna. did they jump up

and start hating everyone. No, did they start a ''get the board out

campaign'' No.  so why should we??ps. anyone with a petition can shove it.[/quote]

Welcome to the world of football, its a fickle business and you''re only

ever as popular as your last season... and, lets face it, our last

season was piss-poor.  If you want us all to wander round saying

"tra-la-la, I live in fairy land" after this morning''s news then you

are, quite frankly, a mentalist.  If you want to sit reading a

bunch of people agreeing with each other and patting each other on the

back about how great they all are, try finding the minutes from the

last Board meeting.......[:@]

We are relatively financially stable, we have assets, (in the ground, hotel, colney)

[/quote]Ground? Mortgaged to the tune of £16m hardly an asset.Hotel? Not ours, does nobody understand that the 30% shares investment was with a third party investment Company, NOT Holiday Inn?Colney? Who owns Colney? There has been aspersion cast as to whose name is on the deeds.Pretty well all our assets have been mortgaged or sold.

I am yet to see a single post suggesting people should turn on the playing side of the club. The players and manager have nothing to do with this and I would hope that there is not a backlash aimed at them. Roeder can only work with the money he''s given and so if the players are not of the standard we''d hope for its not their fault entirely. What I have seen is people asking questions of the board and Cullum. As suppporters I believe we all deserve to be told what is going on. Yes some things need to remain confidential but the interviews and statements given so far shed no light on why talks lasted for a day before grinding to a halt. I personally think its time for Delia to step aside and let someone else have a go. I''m not saying she should not get a fair price but it would seem she doesn''t want to let go for any price and that is not for the best. If she remains, with her husband, the main share holder and we go down she will only be remembered for that. If the board really want the best they will work damn hard to sort a deal out. If they let this opportunity slip away now it is very likely that we''ll be hovering arounnd the relegation places again. Is that good for Norwich City?

[quote user="up_barc_canary"]Here we go. another bad turn in the life of NCFC. so bloody what?. you people have been waiting for this since Worthington left. Your chance to emerge and try and get a name for yourselves or score a point by saying something against City.  Im guessing its now that you crawl out of the woodwork and start hacking away and the Carrow road foundations until they crumble because you have the right to say and feel what you want. Utter Crap. 

Its safe to assume that a lot of people are unhappy and they have a right to be, but for once just shut up and SUPPORT your club and be a NCFC fan through thick and thin.

Under worthington we won the league and had a play off final, then when it all went wrong up came the hate squad and the worthy out began. When chase left and Delia and Co came in you all loved them and sang their name from the stands, Now things go wrong and guess what. you turn on them. suprise suprise. what next??? Roeder gets a few bad results and you turn on him next??? that wouldnt suprise me in the slightest.  I dont care if you all come back on here and criticise me for this or say something codasending back to me. i just dont care. what i care about is supporting a football club, Norwich City and that is it. in my eyes a true football fan is someone who will stand by the team and club no matter what.  Look what happened to gretna. did they jump up and start hating everyone. No, did they start a ''get the board out campaign'' No.  so why should we??

ps. anyone with a petition can shove it.
[/quote]

I''ve read some drivel on these message boards but this is close to the top of the pile. This club has just sold 20,000 season tickets after 3 solid years of downward momentum and utter dross and you have the brass neck to accuse its fans of not supporting when times get tough!

Supporting a club means wanting what is best for it, not just blindly accepting crap decsions come what may. We all have the right to look at this very very important decsion and assure ourselves that the best interests of the club have been put first. I have my doubts along with many others, that does not make us any less of a supporter than you, in fact probably quite the oposite - head in the sand thinking like yours is the last thing needed right now.

I understand the OP''s point, but feel it has been poorly made. The level of backlash against the Board for not accepting £20 million for the club seems disproportionate. It would be poor practice to divulge too much information - something neither side has been prepared to do - as it weakens your position with other potential suitors for the club.For me, the fact that the joint statement confirms that there was no hope of finding common ground, despite hours of talks, shows that both sides have made an effort to do a deal, albeit unsuccessfully. Doncaster says, correctly, that the uncertainty was causing problems in arranging transfers - that uncertainty has gone, we all know where we stand and it''s exactly where we were at the end of the season. We all knew that Glenn Roeder had a tough rebuilding job. Most (IMO) thought he would improve the squad and looked forward to better football next season - that still holds true despite not having Cullum''s money.Yes, it is possible to quibble about the Boards PR skills, but I share many (not all) of <Mick Dennis''s thoughts> when it comes to the Board''s - and Delia & Michael in particular - motives in all of this. They will have been motivated mainly by the wish to do what is right by the club in the long-term and that should be borne in mind by their critics. It isn''t about the money for them, perhaps it is for too many of us?I''d love the millions, but only if we retain the soul of the club. Peter Cullum''s plans for the future of Norwich City - barring a couple of headline grabbing soundbites - have scarcely been mentioned. I have my worries about the fitness of the Board, but not about their hopes and plans for our club.

[quote user="up_barc_canary"]Here we go. another bad turn in the life of NCFC. so bloody what?. you people have been waiting for this since Worthington left. Your chance to emerge and try and get a name for yourselves or score a point by saying something against City.  Im guessing its now that you crawl out of the woodwork and start hacking away and the Carrow road foundations until they crumble because you have the right to say and feel what you want. Utter Crap. 

Its safe to assume that a lot of people are unhappy and they have a right to be, but for once just shut up and SUPPORT your club and be a NCFC fan through thick and thin.

Under worthington we won the league and had a play off final, then when it all went wrong up came the hate squad and the worthy out began. When chase left and Delia and Co came in you all loved them and sang their name from the stands, Now things go wrong and guess what. you turn on them. suprise suprise. what next??? Roeder gets a few bad results and you turn on him next??? that wouldnt suprise me in the slightest.  I dont care if you all come back on here and criticise me for this or say something codasending back to me. i just dont care. what i care about is supporting a football club, Norwich City and that is it. in my eyes a true football fan is someone who will stand by the team and club no matter what.  Look what happened to gretna. did they jump up and start hating everyone. No, did they start a ''get the board out campaign'' No.  so why should we??

ps. anyone with a petition can shove it.
[/quote]

Yeah! Just shut up and support your club! Yeah everything''s great! Yeah delia is our saviour! Yeah we''re the real supporters cos we''ll cheer and accept everything our mighty board says and does! Yeah who cares about success and the future of our club! Delia Delia Delia! We''re the real fans! Yeah!!!!!!

[quote user="Rasputin was a C..."]I am yet to see a single post suggesting people should turn on the playing side of the club. The players and manager have nothing to do with this and I would hope that there is not a backlash aimed at them. Roeder can only work with the money he''s given and so if the players are not of the standard we''d hope for its not their fault entirely. What I have seen is people asking questions of the board and Cullum. As suppporters I believe we all deserve to be told what is going on. Yes some things need to remain confidential but the interviews and statements given so far shed no light on why talks lasted for a day before grinding to a halt. I personally think its time for Delia to step aside and let someone else have a go. I''m not saying she should not get a fair price but it would seem she doesn''t want to let go for any price and that is not for the best. If she remains, with her husband, the main share holder and we go down she will only be remembered for that. If the board really want the best they will work damn hard to sort a deal out. If they let this opportunity slip away now it is very likely that we''ll be hovering arounnd the relegation places again. Is that good for Norwich City?[/quote]You havent seen a post asking to turn on the playing side???  dont you think the numptys asking for a protest at the spurs game is bad enough. the players have to listen to the piss poor supporters booing and hissing at the board.  Isnt that bad enough for the team. its been proven the fans lift the team so negativety is only gonna filter through to everyone at the club.

[quote user="up_barc_canary"]
You havent seen a post asking to turn on the playing side???  dont you think the numptys asking for a protest at the spurs game is bad enough. the players have to listen to the piss poor supporters booing and hissing at the board.  Isnt that bad enough for the team. its been proven the fans lift the team so negativety is only gonna filter through to everyone at the club.
[/quote]

But no-one''s protesting against the players. We''re all behind them and the management team. I know it''s not ideal (and personally I would rather see protests before and after games, not during them) and I know no-one actually wants to hear it but surely they would know that the supporters aren''t turning on them.

And how you can call our supporters "piss poor" when we''ve been pulling in 24-25,000 for three straight seasons, when we''ve been getting worse every year, with all our season tickets sold this year despite the very real threat of relegation should we not drastically improve the squad is beyond me. It''s insulting.

[/quote]

Here we go, another numpty who can''t seem to realise that because we think something''s wrong with our club it''s not because we want it to be wrong.  Your point-scoring attention-seeking accusations are wider of the mark than a Mike Milligan penalty, except for a very few that I suggest you address individually instead of tarring everyone with the same brush. 

There''s a difference between being a supporter and a yes man.

Anyone with half an eye can see that the foundations are crumbling away quite nicely without our help.