Sign in to follow this  
xxxx

Time to run Delia out

[quote user="Marty"]

Oh what a shame, the sugar daddy is not making us thge next Chelsea (remember everybody hates them!), boo hoo.

[/quote]

Pathetic Marty.  £20m will get us competing at the top of the Champ, no more than that, which is all most of us ask.  We''re a million miles from that at the moment.  A oneway ticket to League 1 is on the cards if we don''t find significant new investment.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="C.T"]Whatever you say about Wizard his loyalty to the City cause is commendable. Respect to you sir [Y][/quote]

Cheers CT.

Yes I do go OTT, yes, my passion for City does rule my sensible side, but I''m getting on now, and I yearn for the younger City fans to experience some of the highs I''ve had as Norwich fan.

But its not going to happen again with her in control!.

[/quote]

Wiz

It seems that what others want to see on this messageboard of late is endless sarcasm and irony. Pointless threads designed to test the water that are totally devoid of wit, passion and any form intelligence. Then when you show a bit of logical passion you get asked to leave by these clowns. True you''re without doubt a right miserable get but if others showed even half the passion you have I believe this club of ours might have a chance.

Whatever happened to good old fashioned British cynicism & distrust of the seriously rich.......

He is so rich he could easily have made this deal happen - which, despite our disagreements, i guess everyone on here would wish for.

However, you don''t get to be Britain''s 40th richest person by philanthropy. Cullum may, just may, be an absolute bastard.......

[quote user="woody"]Whatever happened to good old fashioned British cynicism & distrust of the seriously rich....... He is so rich he could easily have made this deal happen - which, despite our disagreements, i guess everyone on here would wish for. However, you don''t get to be Britain''s 40th richest person by philanthropy. Cullum may, just may, be an absolute bastard.......[/quote]

Yep, if he loves this club as much as he makes out I would have thought he would have opened his wallet a little further. He is worth £1700m for christs sake! But like others have said. Until we discover what has actually happened we cant really have a say.

[quote user="woody"]Whatever happened to good old fashioned British cynicism & distrust of the seriously rich....... He is so rich he could easily have made this deal happen - which, despite our disagreements, i guess everyone on here would wish for. However, you don''t get to be Britain''s 40th richest person by philanthropy. Cullum may, just may, be an absolute bastard.......[/quote]

Yep, if he loves this club as much as he makes out I would have thought he would have opened his wallet a little further. He is worth £1700m for christs sake! But like others have said. Until we discover what has actually happened we cant really have a say.

[quote user="woody"]Whatever happened to good old fashioned British cynicism & distrust of the seriously rich.......

He is so rich he could easily have made this deal happen - which, despite our disagreements, i guess everyone on here would wish for.

However, you don''t get to be Britain''s 40th richest person by philanthropy. Cullum may, just may, be an absolute bastard.......[/quote]NO !!!!   HE''S A SAINT!!!!BURN HER !!!!  BURN HER !!!!!Sorry, got carried away a bit again.I can''t help picturing a lot of the fans on here as looking like a cartoon character (say Tom, in Tom & Jerry) with mouths wide open, tongues out & £ signs rotating in their eyes. Or they were when £20m got mentioned.

[quote user="mozzer"]There is a chant "City till I die" - I actually mean it when I sing it, I''d support this club whatever league we were in - doesn''t mean I don''t want us to be top of the Premier League and winning the Champions League ever season, it just means that if we were in Luton''s position I wouldn''t cut and run.

[/quote]#

You just don''t get it do you? although I expect you do but you just can''t bring yourself to admit it!.

I would never cut and run on our beloved club, what fan would? but if you think I ''m going sit quietly while some idiot mucks it all up, then you and your kind are very much mistaken!

As Mr Whittle wisely says, being anti Smith and her damn puppet board, is not, and never will be, anti Norwich.

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="woody"]Whatever happened to good old fashioned British cynicism & distrust of the seriously rich....... He is so rich he could easily have made this deal happen - which, despite our disagreements, i guess everyone on here would wish for. However, you don''t get to be Britain''s 40th richest person by philanthropy. Cullum may, just may, be an absolute bastard.......[/quote]

NO !!!!   HE''S A SAINT!!!!

BURN HER !!!!  BURN HER !!!!!

Sorry, got carried away a bit again.

I can''t help picturing a lot of the fans on here as looking like a cartoon character (say Tom, in Tom & Jerry) with mouths wide open, tongues out & £ signs rotating in their eyes. Or they were when £20m got mentioned.
[/quote]

Very much enjoying your posts today. Please keep them up or we may all go down with the Titanic.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="mozzer"]There is a chant "City till I die" - I actually mean it when I sing it, I''d support this club whatever league we were in - doesn''t mean I don''t want us to be top of the Premier League and winning the Champions League ever season, it just means that if we were in Luton''s position I wouldn''t cut and run.

[/quote]#

You just don''t get it do you? although I expect you do but you just can''t bring yourself to admit it!.

I would never cut and run on our beloved club, what fan would? but if you think I ''m going sit quietly while some idiot mucks it all up, then you and your kind are very much mistaken!

As Mr Whittle wisely says, being anti Smith and her damn puppet board, is not, and never will be, anti Norwich.

[/quote]

No, but you happily spend your time trying to undermine it.

I''m still waiting for the board to give their say before I jump to ant conclusion, god knows how long I will have to wait for that, isn''t exactly looking too good for the board right now tho..

[quote user="Fat Prophet"][quote user="Marty"]

Oh what a shame, the sugar daddy is not making us thge next Chelsea (remember everybody hates them!), boo hoo.

[/quote]

Pathetic Marty.  £20m will get us competing at the top of the Champ, no more than that, which is all most of us ask.  We''re a million miles from that at the moment.  A oneway ticket to League 1 is on the cards if we don''t find significant new investment.

[/quote]

We''re in the same boat as most teams outside of the premiership, most survive. I am a realist.

I am disappointed also, but I do not see the need for everybody to turn aggressive with each other, I wish I could cheer people up.

1st Wizard wrote the following post at 11/07/2008 11:07 AM:

mozzer wrote:

There is a chant "City till I die" - I actually mean it when I sing it, I''d support this club whatever league we were in - doesn''t mean I don''t want us to be top of the Premier League and winning the Champions League ever season, it just means that if we were in Luton''s position I wouldn''t cut and run.

Wiz - I''m desperately trying to find something positive that you have ever posted about Norwich. But, hey I honestly hope you love the club. I''m concerned that all the press and Cullum has done so far is distruptive - (divide and conquer?) if Cullun wants to give the club £20m then great! he could do that today, but he wants majority control as well and that means (based on what the club have said) a further £36m at the most - again he could do that today.

[quote user="Match Day Pie"][

No, but you happily spend your time trying to undermine it.[/quote]

Or it could be argued that you''re happily spending your time supporting a failing regime!.

[quote user="no. 6"]

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"]

Yes it is time for her to accept she has taken things as far as she can and move aside but this sort of hyperbole really is not going to help achieve that.

[/quote]

So what should be done then?

She clearly does not want to sell up, seems to me the only way for us fans to have any sort of say, and get them to ''move aside'' would be by ''force'' (i.e. fan pressure).

[/quote]

What to do?

I would suggest a bit of patience - as someone else has pointed out you dont get to be worth what Cullum is by being nice or niaive.  If he wants the club he will get it, and for the price he wants.  Don''t be fooled by this "I want to keep Delia on board" stuff, the guy is simply playing a very shrewd game.  The Cullum bid has also at least shown others that there is some scope for a takeover so it may even flush some other suitors out.

In the meantime yes the fans should make their feelings known but it would be wise to base those feelings on informed debate and facts rather than anger in the heat of the moment this morning - we as fans deserve to hear what both sides in this have to say and some more detail about why a deal could not be reached.  I am not pleased with this latest news but took a deep breath before posting today unlike a few others.  Actions taken in haste are seldom the best ones.

I was also worried by what "force" meant in the earlier post - some hotheads may react to that in a manner that is not helpful.  I remember the last days of the Chase era and that was not a pleasant place to be as a youngster and I would rather we could achieve change without needing to resort to that again.

I think the momemtum for change is unstoppable now - the situation the board face is a bit like that faced by communist states Eastern Europe 10 years ago.  Expectations have been raised and people power will see them realised I suspect, but it was never going to be a smooth process or happen overnight.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="Match Day Pie"][

No, but you happily spend your time trying to undermine it.[/quote]

Or it could be argued that you''re happily spending your time supporting a failing regime!.

[/quote]

It could be, but I don''t think you''ll find anything from me that actually says that. Of course, in your simpleton''s world, merely disagreeing with your howls at the moon constitutes an affinity with Delia. So be it.

Im not anti Norwich, Im anti board. They cease discussions afterr 24 mesley hours, they dont want anyone else playing with there toys. When are we going to get another chance of someone like PC to come in? He met all the criteria Delia asked, Norfolk born, Norwich fan, Season ticket holder, wealthy, succesful. Why didnt they try harder to make a deal. What was it Delia said? Something like " if anyones stupid enough to put money into this club then they are welcome"? Well there was someone and you have blown our chance Delia!

[quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"]They cease discussions afterr 24 mesley hours[/quote]

The question we deserve an answer to is why was that Arthur.  I think we have a right to know, and depending on that we can then take up an informed position of whether we are pro or anti board in support (either way) of the best intersests of the club.

[quote user="Ncfc No Ambition"]Never had any intention of selling and will ruin this club if not removed by force .
[/quote]

OMG - is this a call for an anti-Delia Jihad?  Squads of suicide Smudgers gathering in Morrison''s carpark....

Yes it is time for her to accept she has taken things as far as she can and move aside but this sort of hyperbole really is not going to help achieve that.

[/quote]

[:D] LOL

[quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"]They cease discussions afterr 24 mesley hours[/quote]

The question we deserve an answer to is why was that Arthur.  I think we have a right to know, and depending on that we can then take up an informed position of whether we are pro or anti board in support (either way) of the best intersests of the club.

[/quote]

This is completely true, but considering this board didn''t even tell the shareholders, let alone the fans, about Cullum''s first offer, do you hold much hope that any sort of explanation will be forthcoming?

If I was to put on my tinfoil hat for a minute, I''d say the reason the club has so little transparency is for the very reason that it stops fans having an informed position, thus keeping fans who want to remain reasonable in limbo, unable to judge their performance.

Luckily I don''t put much stock in conspiracy theories, including my own.

I cant see why everyone is getting on Delias case........surely we should just forget about Cullum...he is obviously not that passionate about our club that he cant bring himself to pay the asking price for it!!!

It seems to me as though he is trying to get the club on the cheap.........and hes using great propaganda in doing so.....and just look at you lot..its working!!

The board need to come out and do so explaining rather than spin. They kept quiet about this for 9 months originaly how long before we hear the real reasons this time?

[quote user="Shangri-La"][quote user="Pboro_Canary"]

[quote user="Ncfc No Ambition"]Never had any intention of selling and will ruin this club if not removed by force .
[/quote]

OMG - is this a call for an anti-Delia Jihad?  Squads of suicide Smudgers gathering in Morrison''s carpark....

[/quote]

[:D] LOL

[/quote]

May have been a poor name to attach to the suicide squad on reflection - suicide smudgers would probably be unable to gather in groups of more than one; would never make it beyond stopping for a last drink in the coachmakers; and even if they did would have so little idea where the ground is they would end up blowing up the swimming pool. [;)]

[quote user="no. 6"][

This is completely true, but considering this board didn''t even tell the shareholders, let alone the fans, about Cullum''s first offer, do you hold much hope that any sort of explanation will be forthcoming?

[/quote]

No [:(]

[/quote]

I daresay they wouldn''t of talked to Cullum again without pressure from the fans/Norwich Union, so it''s hardly surprising negotiations lasted 5 mins. Both sides had their stance, neither willing to budge. No need to drag things out longer.

[quote user="Ncfc No Ambition"]Only way we will get rid of her is in a 6ft box .
[/quote]

Wouldn''t that then make her ''City Till She Dies''?

Is there something wrong with being City Till You Die, then?

I''m confused.

[/quote]

now thats the Question isnt it??? if they come out with the full facts of Cullums offer we can say "oh well... he was offering X and Y and it wasn''t good enough./.. he didnt have the interests of the club at heart" and we can move on...

If, as i suspect will happen, the board keep shtum we will all speculate over the "its my cake and no you cant have a slice" attitude of Delia, heels being dug in and empty statements made months ago...

good chance for the board to save some face publically this.. watch them miss the goal by miles.

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]good chance for the board to save some face publically this.. watch them miss the goal by miles.

[/quote]

Indeed so Jas, I suspect they will be strapping on Dean Coney''s old shooting boots as we speak! 

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]good chance for the board to save some face publically this.. watch them miss the goal by miles.

[/quote]

Indeed so Jas, I suspect they will be strapping on Dean Coney''s old shooting boots as we speak! 

[/quote]

or Jamie Cureton and Chris Martins current boots

jas :)