Sign in to follow this  
Theythinkitsallover

If YOU had millions.............

and getting to a time of life when you should really start looking about enjoying your time in this world, why would you want to buy a football club. If i had his money i would like to give the team down the road a large helping hand. I''m sure you lot would feel the same about NCFC. After all that has gone on i cannot understand why someone with pots of money wants to get involved in a non profit business. Surely the feeling of giving the team 20 million to buy players knowing that as you lie on a beach in barbados your team is gearing up that summer ready for the start of the premiership would be satisfying enough knowing it has cost you peanuts to do it. Life''s to short.

When the Euromillions jackpot was £88m a while back I would have bought the club if I had been the only winner.  I would have invested £50m and kept £38m for myself, more than enough

That is what i don''t understand. The man is a life long fan who has done very very well. To give you 20 million with no strings would be like me giving my club a quid. He is no spring chicken and like lots of business men i cannot understand why they don''t just sit back and enjoy the rest of their life without the hassles of running a business. I read somewhere that when you came back from 2-0 down to draw with us he saw how much it meant to you lot. Surely as a very very rich lifelong fan the opportunity to see the fans enjoying the premiership should be all the encouragement he needs.

Not just a few millions either. 1,700 of the things!! I know for sure most supporters in his position would have made a serious offer ..... one that noone would refuse. How much would you put into the club if you had his assets?

I question whether Cullum is a true supporter. Certainly he has at least has many questions to be asked about his role in this as Delia

You have to remember that his wealth includes his assets and not just his spare cash BUT i don''t suppose he has to pay his council tax monthly and a 20 million gift to the club he "loves" wouldn''t mean he could only eat egg and chips until pay day.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

When the Euromillions jackpot was £88m a while back I would have bought the club if I had been the only winner.  I would have invested £50m and kept £38m for myself, more than enough

[/quote]yeah - if the board were willing to sell to you for £50m (cash???) !!!

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[/quote]

yeah - if the board were willing to sell to you for £50m (cash???) !!!
[/quote]

Yes cash but not £50m.  Hopefully get majority shareholding and clear all debts for £30m.

Debt free which would free up a lot of cash.

Immediate £10m investment into squad.  To be reviewed in January.

More major investment into the squad if promotion is achieved.

If we survive first season in Premiership, look at increasing capacity at CR to 30,000

I do not have millions but a few years ago, as previously posted, I sat down and wrote a cheque out of  (our joint) account which read:

"Pay:  Lincoln City FC"

It was four figures, at the lower end of four figures I hasten to add, and I was just one of hundreds who contributed what they could, not to stop the club going into administration but out of existence which seemed a shame as it was founded in 1892. And we did it!

My reward? A seat in the Co-op stand and on August 9 we are away to Rotherham United. Still going or as one of the Lincoln board posters has it "Imping_Along".

Am I proud of that?  Yes, I am.

I can''t control a board, nor directors, nor players and the ref has never listened to me when I said it was a] a penalty or b] it was NOT a penalty. Indeed my only yellow card when playing was for saying to the Ref on a penalty award: "You''ve got to be bloody joking."

"Keeper, I am booking you for foul and abusive language" (Well, it was a long time ago).

Anyway I saved it so **** him.

I won''t bother with the offside stuff.

I have never booed a player in my life, nor will I.  I have witnessed many bad performances and when I was playing did any number myself but I didn''t set out to do that.  It was just how it turned out.

Perhaps that is because you are a football fan and not a businessman,billionaire or an expert in finance. Sadly when a football club hits hard times every person sees money and thinks that is the be all end all. This is not a dig at all the people on here but a generalisation of ALL football fans.