Sign in to follow this  
kdncfc

I thought the talks were being held next week.

Mr Cullum was quoted as saying that he was to busy to meet with club officials this week due to business commitments and 1 day later we are told that the deal had been called off. Doesn''t add up to me, either he was lying or this statement has been jointly put out by him and the club to stop other clubs trying to screw us in the transfer market and this is not all over, or am I being to much of an optimist?

[quote user="kdncfc"]Mr Cullum was quoted as saying that he was to busy to meet with club officials this week due to business commitments and 1 day later we are told that the deal had been called off. Doesn''t add up to me, either he was lying or this statement has been jointly put out by him and the club to stop other clubs trying to screw us in the transfer market and this is not all over, or am I being to much of an optimist?[/quote]Don''t think they got past the talks about talks stage. Probably thought it was a waste of time going further.

He did say that kd.  I think he said he''d probably be too busy due to business commitments.  He could have been "playing hard to get" - "Thursday . . . no, I''m washing my hair" - or alternatively D&M spend quite a bit of time in London and so does he, so perhaps their paths crossed naturally in the capital.  We don''t know where these talks took place.

Either way I don''t really want to hear any more.  I think you are right and it probably isn''t over just yet, but enough already.  Let us know if  talks start again, then keep quiet until there''s a final outcome one way or the other. Pleeaase  . . .

Maybe the story is all a smokescreen to allow us to sign some players on the cheap whilst secretly the deal is still on.

Why do I suddenly feel the need to locate some straws and clutch at them?

this is very strange, in my opinion if it is a smokescreen its to stop other clubs knowing that weve got money to spend on players thus stopping us from paying over the price

As much as I''d love to believe all these ''smokescreen'' conspiracy theories, I think that if the club issue a joint statement with Cullum that talks have broken down you have to accept it at face value. Particularly since recently they''ve been cagey about releasing any information at all.

Things have changed so often over the last week I don''t know what to think anymore, I do know that as things stand at this moment in time I''m not very hopeful of our prospects for the coming season. We are weaker than we were last year and without major signings arriving in the next week or two we are nailed on to get relegated. I can''t believe we have only signed 3 players at this stage of proceedings, we are asking for trouble imo.

Look at it this way, if it is a ''smokescreen'' how exactly would it benefit us really? The club would have to announce the takeover at some point. They can''t just hide Cullum in a box somewhere - unless we are to take his ''Delia as figurehead'' words as literal and expect her to pretend that she''s still majority shareholder forever? Be serious - nothing is going on. It''s all over.

A post from somebody on the official site .

I haven''t posted on here on this subject

but have said in the past that I was at the CNS with Peter Cullum,

played football for Norwich Boys with him, sold sweets around the

perimeter at Carrow Road with him and have kept in touch with

him over the last 40 years not on a daily basis but reasonably

regularly.

I tried to get hold of him today but understandably he wasn''t

available. However, I did get through to one of his PAs who I have got

to know over the years through contacting Pete and she

told me he is gutted by the way the talks got absolutely nowhere.

Of course Pete was looking for a good deal, that''s why he''s a

billionaire, but he loves NCFC and was prepared to agree a fair and

reasonable deal to move his club forward. He wasn''t intending to get

involved until he retires in a few years'' time but can see the way

the club is going and wanted to help now before it''s too late.

However, the PA said that the only terms NCFC were prepared to even

talk about made it quite clear that they had no intention of giving

control away to Pete, arms dealers, Russian expats or anyone else.

There was room for negotiation on their part. ''These are our terms

- take it or leave it''. And for anyone in any doubt, this is not a PR

stunt to make it appear we''re skint when really we''re not. Anyone

clinging to the hope that the press release referred to talks have

broken down rather than the deal has broken down are sadly

clinging to a false hope. Pete''s not coming back with another

Oh well. At least we can hope that he wants to get involved again when he retires. I guess in the meantime he will lay in wait looking for a chance if it all goes Pete Tong.

I think it has become obvious that Delia Smith sees the club as her plaything and doesn''t want to let go whatever the price, I would trust Cullum far more than I trust her given the choice. Why can''t she just admit that she''s done all she can and bow out with grace before things turn nasty as they surely will if we struggle again next season.

[quote user="Deliar Smith"]

I haven''t posted on here on this subject but have said in the past that I was at the CNS with Peter Cullum, played football for Norwich Boys with him, sold sweets around the perimeter at Carrow Road with him and have kept in touch with him over the last 40 years not on a daily basis but reasonably regularly.

I tried to get hold of him today but understandably he wasn''t available. However, I did get through to one of his PAs who I have got to know over the years through contacting Pete and she told me he is gutted by the way the talks got absolutely nowhere. Of course Pete was looking for a good deal, that''s why he''s a billionaire, but he loves NCFC and was prepared to agree a fair and reasonable deal to move his club forward. He wasn''t intending to get involved until he retires in a few years'' time but can see the way the club is going and wanted to help now before it''s too late.

However, the PA said that the only terms NCFC were prepared to even talk about made it quite clear that they had no intention of giving control away to Pete, arms dealers, Russian expats or anyone else. There was room for negotiation on their part. ''These are our terms - take it or leave it''. And for anyone in any doubt, this is not a PR stunt to make it appear we''re skint when really we''re not. Anyone clinging to the hope that the press release referred to talks have broken down rather than the deal has broken down are sadly clinging to a false hope. Pete''s not coming back with another

[/quote]

The bit about not intending to invest until he retires but wanting to help us out of a mess is pretty much what PC said when rumours first circulated back in the autumn.  So this poster did not need to get that from his PA, it was in the public domain.

I was a PA for many years to some fairly high up folk, and however friendly I was with someone there is absolutely no way I would have given away that sort of information.  The ability to keep a confidence is a No.1 requirement for a PA - and especially anything personal like the frame of mind he might be in.  For that reason I feel that this post, though very plausible at first sight, is almost certainly a windup.  If it''s genuine, it looks like someone will be clearing their desk on Monday morning . . .

imho

[quote user="Fat Prophet"][quote user="Deliar Smith"]

I haven''t posted on here on this subject but have said in the past that I was at the CNS with Peter Cullum, played football for Norwich Boys with him, sold sweets around the perimeter at Carrow Road with him and have kept in touch with him over the last 40 years not on a daily basis but reasonably regularly.

I tried to get hold of him today but understandably he wasn''t available. However, I did get through to one of his PAs who I have got to know over the years through contacting Pete and she told me he is gutted by the way the talks got absolutely nowhere. Of course Pete was looking for a good deal, that''s why he''s a billionaire, but he loves NCFC and was prepared to agree a fair and reasonable deal to move his club forward. He wasn''t intending to get involved until he retires in a few years'' time but can see the way the club is going and wanted to help now before it''s too late.

However, the PA said that the only terms NCFC were prepared to even talk about made it quite clear that they had no intention of giving control away to Pete, arms dealers, Russian expats or anyone else. There was room for negotiation on their part. ''These are our terms - take it or leave it''. And for anyone in any doubt, this is not a PR stunt to make it appear we''re skint when really we''re not. Anyone clinging to the hope that the press release referred to talks have broken down rather than the deal has broken down are sadly clinging to a false hope. Pete''s not coming back with another

[/quote]

The bit about not intending to invest until he retires but wanting to help us out of a mess is pretty much what PC said when rumours first circulated back in the autumn.  So this poster did not need to get that from his PA, it was in the public domain.

I was a PA for many years to some fairly high up folk, and however friendly I was with someone there is absolutely no way I would have given away that sort of information.  The ability to keep a confidence is a No.1 requirement for a PA - and especially anything personal like the frame of mind he might be in.  For that reason I feel that this post, though very plausible at first sight, is almost certainly a windup.  If it''s genuine, it looks like someone will be clearing their desk on Monday morning . . .

imho

[/quote]How about this - take it literally. The TAKE-OVER TALKS ARE DEAD. Perhaps Cullum no longer wants to take over the club. Maybe Delia and MWJ have discussed the situation with Cullum and agreed to sell him a large chunk of shares but not a controlling percentage in return to less investment in the team than he had offered.Perhaps with a view to a slow and managed take-over at a later date. This may well be better for all involved as I don''t think that £20million at this level would actually help us that much as £10million for promotions and £10million to start off with in the prem. I mean you could spend £20million on a squad but for the most part you would be paying over the odds for players - the quality you would want would simply not drop to the championship or move to Norwich.So the only thing I would read into this is that Cullum is no longer planning to take over the club - there may well be more to it than that.However personally I think it all has smacks of hypocraty to me. He wanted Norwich for cheap but doesn''t seem to want to get "involved" in the club in that he would place his own management team and yet keep Delia as the figure head. So basically buy the club replace the "heart" and yet keep the same face to open the door - all for buying some new accessories. Not sure if I am happy with thatl.

[quote user="CaptnCanary"]

Maybe the story is all a smokescreen to allow us to sign some players on the cheap whilst secretly the deal is still on.

Why do I suddenly feel the need to locate some straws and clutch at them?

[/quote]

That would be good and it has some legs to be a potential.