Sign in to follow this  
Belinda Carlisle

It reminds me of the death of Diana

Oh my.  There is so much sadness, and so much anger. The last time I felt a community so much in shock was when our Princess of Hearts came to her own tragic end.

And, much like in that week, when we all laid flowers outside Buckingham Palace, and Jim and I, god bless him, queued outside Westminster Abbey for eight hours so I could sign the book of condolence, what I''d like to know is: where is the Queen?

By Queen, of course, I mean Delia Smith.  I don''t think the actual queen has much to say on the matter though I would welcome her efforts to mediate between the two parties.

Why hasn''t Delia come out and said anything?  Why hasn''t she explained to her subjects what is going on?

She must have learned from the unfortunate events of eleven years ago that when there is silence, people make their own rumours.  Come on Delia, get on television and address the nation.  Tell us why Mister Cullum couldn''t make a deal with you and then we will all be better.

This morning, I am going to lay some daffodils outside the door of Delia''s Brassiere.  Feel free to join me.

It reminds me more of the power struggle in Dallas when JR and Cliff Burns couldn''t agree on a price and so Miss Ellie had to broker a deal.

I was a big fan of Sue Ellen.

Although she did drink too much.

I wonder who else sometimes drinks too much?

[quote user="Gertrude Stein"]

This morning, I am going to lay some daffodils outside the door of Delia''s Brassiere.  Feel free to join me.

[/quote]I think I''ll pass on that one.  They have doors?