Match Day Pie

COME CLEAN, CULLUM!

[quote user="mozzer"]

Ralph Wright wrote the following post at 11/07/2008 11:05 AM:

So as stated all last week

NO OFFER

NOTHING

JACK SH*T FROM CULLUM

and before the anti club rabble start throwing their toys out of the pram let me suggest they hold their breath as revelations after the end of August may well show why what was ''offered'' and why there was no way forward.

CULLUM has an entirely different agenda to the club .......... and I''m sad to say the fans.

Unfortunately there are enough witless fools on here to swallow any guff if it fit''s in with their narrow delusions.

Wait until the truth comes out, which I''m led to believe is confidential, as agreed.

People talk though.

Ralph - the "revelations at the end of August" - is that going to come from the club?

[/quote]

Interesting question, and how does Ralph know about such revelations, and if he has known all along why did he not inform the fans?

[quote user="Match Day Pie"][quote user="Fat Prophet"]

[quote user="Match Day Pie"]FP: I didn''t write what you quoted, which is what I think you were referring to?[/quote]

Yes I see MDP, my apologies.  The post was getting too big so I tried to reduce it and took out the wrong name. 

Why didn''t you answer it then? [:D]  Seriously no need to bother now, I''m going for my dinner . . . [pi] [B]

[/quote]

Too many things to write about today without going up someone else''s avenue (if you''ll excuse the phrase)!

[/quote]

Only just seen your earlier reply MDP where you talk about being "sick of being a ''nearly'' club".  I''m not sure exactly what you mean by that but I''ll have a go.

What I want is a club that punches its weight with whatever level of investment it has at its disposal, and I have no reason to think that Peter Cullum doesn''t feel the same way.  Is that what you mean?  If I''ve given the impression I''m dazzled by 20 million quid that''s entirely wrong.  My disillusion over recent seasons is because we haven''t punched our weight, nowhere near, and that above all is what I''m looking for.  Someone who can give the club back its momentum. 

[quote user="Fat Prophet"]

[quote user="Match Day Pie"] I''ll have ago at asking these questions.Is £20 million enough? If its a start then yes, its not a start but everything then no, it is not enough to get us up and keep us there on its own, given the players we would need its around £1.5million each  I reckon we would need to average about £4million a player to stay up. Given that CULLUM DID SAY IT WAS ALL HE WOULD PUT IN, in the second EDP interview, which was his words almost verbatum. Then I think £20 million isn''t enough, yes its more than we have at the minute, but if it won''t actually make any difference to where we are, then why not hold out for more.This isn''t  "we can''t guarantee success so it''s better not to try", its called holding out for an offer that will actually do something, Which personally I think is available.   Why give the club to someone else, someone who has proved them no less inclined to use the hated spin, someone who has no better track record at running a football club, when the offer is big, but not overwhelmingly big. Certainly if you take into account the £16 million extra, even the total £56 million is just pocket change to this man. If he''s not inclined to think about stumping up extra now, what make people think he''ll be more inclined to do so when he is in charge and the manager wants this or that player to complete the jigsaw?Yes he has a better track record on buisness than Delia and isn''t a cook, but isn''t that one of the major complaints against the current board, that they are not football people?  That they are more concerned with the bottom line than the football?  Apart from playing as a kid, Cullum isn''t a football person either.Cullum''s intentions:Given what I''ve seen I think that Cullum''s intentions are to get a football club on the cheap, so that he can have that most fashionable of rich men''s toys, His Own Football Club.  He doen''t rate the club high enough to even negotiate over the possibility of giving Delia an out.  That to me says that he is not serious about putting the needs of the club before his own ideas and wants.  Is that a attitude (ignoring his money for a minute) you would want someone who takes over to have?   From the evidence it hasn''t impressed the board one little bit.He seems not to have left his prrofit making instincts at the door, something else I would very much want anyone linked to Norwich to do. Delia has said she would sell cheaply, with the conditions that the buyer would take us forward and have the best interests of the club at heart.  Personlly I''d say Cullum probably failed the second part of that condition.[/quote]

MDP. Cullum has said he would put in £20 million at this stage.  He has never said that''s all, ever.  Neither had he said it isn''t.

But your whole argument stands or falls on the statement "an offer which will actually do something.  Which personally I think is available".  You have not the slightest scrap of evidence to back that up. 

It seems that you''re not interested in new investment unless it can get us into the Prem and keep us there.  Despite your protestations it''s clear you are looking for guarantees. 

[/quote]I did provide a source for the statement that he said that he wasn''t putting anymore in (just after the caps) although this may have been refering to not paying for the shares he wants. "an offer which will actually do something.  Which personally I think is available". this doesn''t mean I don''t think it will come from Cullum or that I think it will come from Cullum, just that I think that there is a possiblity of getting a better deal.    I''m not looking for guarentees, they don''t and can''t exist, but neither am I looking for any new money at any cost that I would take the first offer that came along, just in case it went away.  Clearly there is the potential is there in Cullum for an increased offer for fees and for a better chance of it getting us promotion.  Is it worth gambling with one extra season in the champs on our current budget for that kind of extra money?Think about how many players we need to have a serious title challenge (challenging for the play-offs is spin for mid table)  3 strikers, 4 defenders, keeper, better midfielders/wingers?I make that 8-10 players.  Given that prices roughly double when you are known to have money  you are suddenly looking at what are currently 1m - 1.25m players.  Thats fine for the defenders (Tiny)  but how good would the strikers available for around that be.  Its not going to gets us Evans is it?Instead of looking for guarentees, i''m kind of looking for hope.  £20million wouldn''t seriously alter my expectations of promotion, or for that matter relegation.  The way its being spun  at me actually lowers my hopes rather than raises them, whats the point of a "big money take over" if it still leaves you level with or behind 7 other clubs (Reading, Derby, Birmingham, Charlton, Sheff Utd, Watford and QPR) with only 6 spaces for promotion?

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]So as stated all last week

NO OFFER

NOTHING

JACK SH*T FROM CULLUM

and before the anti club rabble start throwing their toys out of the pram let me suggest they hold their breath as revelations after the end of August may well show why what was ''offered'' and why there was no way forward.

CULLUM has an entirely different agenda to the club .......... and I''m sad to say the fans.

Unfortunately there are enough witless fools on here to swallow any guff if it fit''s in with their narrow delusions.

Wait until the truth comes out, which I''m led to believe is confidential, as agreed.

People talk though.
[/quote]

Wrighteous, if I were allowed to shave your head......would I find 666 - on your scalp?[6]

What have our board got to hide? Where''s the money gone? Who is Kerrison Holding....and why won''t he let go?[:|]

We don''t disagree really 7rew. 

Contrary to the lurid headlines in the press, I don''t think this is over by any means.  As posted elsewhere, they''ve issued a joint statement saying in effect that they both agree neither side''s opening bid is acceptable as it stands.  Both have to go away and come up with an alternative if talks are to resume.  That''s my reading anyway.  It''s called negotiation. 

£20m is what he''s offering for players and personally I don''t expect any more than that at this stage, but I''m sure he knows he''ll end up paying a bit more to get control of the club.  No one who''s intending to negotiate makes a final offer straightaway.

[quote user="Fat Prophet"][quote user="Match Day Pie"][quote user="Fat Prophet"]

[quote user="Match Day Pie"]FP: I didn''t write what you quoted, which is what I think you were referring to?[/quote]

Yes I see MDP, my apologies.  The post was getting too big so I tried to reduce it and took out the wrong name. 

Why didn''t you answer it then? [:D]  Seriously no need to bother now, I''m going for my dinner . . . [pi] [B]

[/quote]

Too many things to write about today without going up someone else''s avenue (if you''ll excuse the phrase)!

[/quote]

Only just seen your earlier reply MDP where you talk about being "sick of being a ''nearly'' club".  I''m not sure exactly what you mean by that but I''ll have a go.

What I want is a club that punches its weight with whatever level of investment it has at its disposal, and I have no reason to think that Peter Cullum doesn''t feel the same way.  Is that what you mean?  If I''ve given the impression I''m dazzled by 20 million quid that''s entirely wrong.  My disillusion over recent seasons is because we haven''t punched our weight, nowhere near, and that above all is what I''m looking for.  Someone who can give the club back its momentum. 

[/quote]

I agree - ''nearly club'' being ''nearly stayed up'', ''nearly won the play offs'', ''nearly stayed a top 6 Premier club'' and so on. First it was losing out in Europe because of idiot fans, then losing our Premier spot because of idiot chairmen, etc, etc, etc. Sick of it.

Right I''ll come clean.This is for City fans NOT the sad ant-club, closet binners. They now who they are as well as I know who they are.For the rest of us, Cullum has never made a serious offer. The meeting was more to placate the fans. Cullum is in for the long game.There was NO guarantee that ANY money would be spent on players.There was NO guarantee that any level of wage bill would be maintained.There was no guarantee that any fixed asset would not be sold.In fact there was NO guarantee of anything other than a ''woolly'' bandying of the figure of £20m. And as usual no guarantee of where that would go or when it would materialise, if ever.At some point much of this will leak out. Maybe after the transfer deadline, rather than the DELIBERATE misquoting above.Finally I would put this to genuine City fans. If Cullum had a reasonable and fair offer then why the hell has he not gone public ?If a quarter of what he claimed was true then it would blow the Smiths out of the water. They would be finished. So maybe there was no real proposal or intent behind his latest publicity stunt. And that''s why it ended so quickly and why there is no follow up.

As to who is genuine on here might I suggest you check to see who constantly attacks the club and makes excuses for why they never attend games.

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]Right I''ll come clean.

This is for City fans NOT the sad ant-club, closet binners. They now who they are as well as I know who they are.

For the rest of us, Cullum has never made a serious offer. The meeting was more to placate the fans. Cullum is in for the long game.

There was NO guarantee that ANY money would be spent on players.

There was NO guarantee that any level of wage bill would be maintained.

There was no guarantee that any fixed asset would not be sold.

In fact there was NO guarantee of anything other than a ''woolly'' bandying of the figure of £20m. And as usual no guarantee of where that would go or when it would materialise, if ever.

At some point much of this will leak out. Maybe after the transfer deadline, rather than the DELIBERATE misquoting above.

Finally I would put this to genuine City fans.

If Cullum had a reasonable and fair offer then why the hell has he not gone public ?

If a quarter of what he claimed was true then it would blow the Smiths out of the water. They would be finished. So maybe there was no real proposal or intent behind his latest publicity stunt. And that''s why it ended so quickly and why there is no follow up.

As to who is genuine on here might I suggest you check to see who constantly attacks the club and makes excuses for why they never attend games.
[/quote]

I attend NCFC games....both home and away. I''m a genuine anti-boarder - but support the team and manager. Now, what''s the problem with that Ralphus?.......[:|]

This is for City fans NOT the sad ant-club, closet binners. They now who they are as well as I know who they are.

For the rest of us, Cullum has never made a serious offer. The meeting was more to placate the fans. Cullum is in for the long game.

In fact there was NO guarantee of anything other than a ''woolly'' bandying of the figure of £20m. And as usual no guarantee of where that would go or when it would materialise, if ever.

At some point much of this will leak out. Maybe after the transfer deadline, rather than the DELIBERATE misquoting above.

If Cullum had a reasonable and fair offer then why the hell has he not gone public ?

If a quarter of what he claimed was true then it would blow the Smiths out of the water. They would be finished. So maybe there was no real proposal or intent behind his latest publicity stunt. And that''s why it ended so quickly and why there is no follow up.

[/quote]

Well, I don''t know where you have got all this information from Ralph, maybe it is true - I simply don''t know.

I have spent the last few days trying to weigh up things from both sides and whilst it is clear that PC is no white angel blithering idiot coming in and throwing countless pound notes at the club, I am concerned about the behaviour of my board. In particular:

• They did, several times, say that there were no potential investors around, when clearly there was at least one.
  • At the RN show, Delia made a pretty broad hint at investment coming into the club. I would like her to explain her words
  • I don''t think the board had any intention of talking to PC until Aviva stepped in. I don''t know why they should be able to influence matters such as this but they do appear to have brokered the meeting.
  • Assuming the above point to be true, it would suggest that the meeting really was a waste of time because the board had already made their decision without hearing the (then) latest proposals from PC.

Now, there may be very good reasons why the board would not accept the proposal from PC and if so I would like to hear them. I genuinely find it difficult to believe that PC did not put a serious offer on the table - I just can''t imagine somebody (especially a fan of the club, which I think we all agree he is) wasting their time like that.

I hope talks can get underway again and they can come to a mutually beneficial agreement, sadly I don''t think it will happen.

Mark .Y.

(NOT a binner...... before you start)

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]So as stated all last week

and before the anti club rabble start throwing their toys out of the pram [/quote]

Anti board not anti club, how many more times!

[/quote]

Are they the same "anti club" "binners" ones who offered to show you there ticket stubs and photos following NCFC going back many a year, an offer you ignore everytime you ramble this anti club, binner bull every 5 minutes. Grow up Ralph, you sound about 6!

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

I attend NCFC games....both home and away. I''m a genuine anti-boarder - but support the team and manager. Now, what''s the problem with that Ralphus?.......[:|]

[/quote]

Dont expect an answer mate, Ralph-or chief question dodger- likes to ignore people when they prove hes talking out of his arse. he cant get his head round the fact that someone might not like the board but actually love the club. 2 things going on in that boys mind at once gives him a headache.

Question i will ask you for the umptenth time Ralphy boy, what did you think of Robert Chase?