Sign in to follow this  
Match Day Pie

COME CLEAN, CULLUM!

The statement issued saying any deal was off was a JOINT statement.

The statement was as clear as mud, typical financial hogwash.

The board are telling us nothing, but we''re used to that.

But, Mr Cullum, YOU chose to go public.

YOU have caused all of this furore.

NOW YOU EXPLAIN YOURSELF.

[quote user="Match Day Pie"]

[/quote]

Sorry but that''s just b*ll*cks, why should he come clean, he''s been involved in the club for about 20 minutes and we know more about how he sees things moving forward than we ever learn from the board. It''s time they went public to explain themselves and break down some of the suspicion and lies that has been a trait of the Smith/Doncaster regime since the beginning if not I believe they''ll be toast shortly.  

I''m with you on this - without the piece almost written by the guy himself in the EDP last week we''d have had none of this, with supporters almost at each other''s throats.  It would be good if Cullum came out and explained just what he has been up to, but I doubt he will.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]I''m with you on this - without the piece almost written by the guy himself in the EDP last week we''d have had none of this, with supporters almost at each other''s throats.  It would be good if Cullum came out and explained just what he has been up to, but I doubt he will.[/quote]

Since the news of Cullum''s interest broke the supporters have been less at each other''s throats than at any time in almost three years.  Where have you been?

[quote user="shortfatb"][quote user="Match Day Pie"]

[/quote]

Sorry but that''s just b*ll*cks, why should he come clean, he''s been involved in the club for about 20 minutes and we know more about how he sees things moving forward than we ever learn from the board. It''s time they went public to explain themselves and break down some of the suspicion and lies that has been a trait of the Smith/Doncaster regime since the beginning if not I believe they''ll be toast shortly.  

[/quote]

Bullsh!t, he''s said nothing about taking the club forward beyond the £20m. I''m not disputing that the board should come clean but you''re all so dazzled by Cullum''s cash that you haven''t bothered to question his intentions properly.

What the hell was he doing going so public if he had/has no intention of seeing it through? If there is a legitimate reason for a deal not taking place, then he has as much responsibility to tell us why as the board do. And seeing as they won''t, his tactics are rather odd if he''s just going to skulk off into a corner and leave us in such a mess.

If he wants the best for the club, he''ll tell us what''s going on - because the board won''t, and if he wants us on his side, and doesn''t want the speculation to rip the club apart, he''ll put a stop to this nonsense once and for all.

[quote user="Fat Prophet"]

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]I''m with you on this - without the piece almost written by the guy himself in the EDP last week we''d have had none of this, with supporters almost at each other''s throats.  It would be good if Cullum came out and explained just what he has been up to, but I doubt he will.[/quote]

Since the news of Cullum''s interest broke the supporters have been less at each other''s throats than at any time in almost three years.  Where have you been?

[/quote]

Try reading what I said.  I was talking about now.  Not the past.  It seems that some people can take the fact that things haven''t happened how they want them, others can''t.

I''m sorry but regardless of Cullum going public, it is the current NCFC

Board who have a duty of care to their stakeholder''s to report on the

details of the offer and why it was turned down.  Cullum is an

outside party, he has no obligation beyond that of a fan.  The

Board are supposed to be running things, it is their duty to make the

statement.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"][quote user="Fat Prophet"]

[/quote]

Try reading what I said.  I was talking about now.  Not the past.  It seems that some people can take the fact that things haven''t happened how they want them, others can''t.

[/quote]Supporters have been at each others throats for more or less the whole time since our Board stuipidly and incorrectly backed Worthy.  Perhaps Roeder''s side had finally brought all sides together.  Not for much longer tho.  A poor start to the season and all hell will break loose at Carrow Road

[/quote]

[/quote]

Branston I''ve been totally disillusioned with the way this club is being run for a very long time.  For about ten days there was a ray of hope and now it''s gone.  We''re no worse off than we were before, which was pretty bloody awful.  Unlike some people I''m not afraid to hope and then deal with disappointment if it happens.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="Branston Pickle"][quote user="Fat Prophet"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Supporters have been at each others throats for more or less the whole time since our Board stuipidly and incorrectly backed Worthy.  Perhaps Roeder''s side had finally brought all sides together.  Not for much longer tho.  A poor start to the season and all hell will break loose at Carrow Road
[/quote]

Fool, the man deserved a fair crack for a play off final and championship win.  The fact it went wrong is irrelevant, he deserved the chance and respect for what he had achieved.  Peter Grant on the other hand was a different matter....

[/quote]

that is poetry

the way the sentences

contract like an angry mind

closing itself to reason, blinding itself to hate.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh . . . now . . . you mean today.

NOW we aren''t at each other''s throats we''re at the board''s throats.  Most of us anyway.  And not before time imo.

Bullsh!t, he''s said nothing about taking the club forward beyond the £20m. I''m not disputing that the board should come clean but you''re all so dazzled by Cullum''s cash that you haven''t bothered to question his intentions properly.

[/quote]

MDP, isn''t £20m enough for you?  If that''s all there ever was (and quite possibly even PC hasn''t decided at this stage) it would take us a damn sight further forward than we would be without it.

OK you questions his intentions.  What do you think they are?

So as stated all last week NO OFFERNOTHING JACK SH*T FROM CULLUMand before the anti club rabble start throwing their toys out of the pram let me suggest they hold their breath as revelations after the end of August may well show why what was ''offered'' and why there was no way forward.CULLUM has an entirely different agenda to the club .......... and I''m sad to say the fans.Unfortunately there are enough witless fools on here to swallow any guff if it fit''s in with their narrow delusions.Wait until the truth comes out, which I''m led to believe is confidential, as agreed.People talk though.

[quote user="Fat Prophet"][quote user="Match Day Pie"]

[/quote]

MDP, isn''t £20m enough for you?  If that''s all there ever was (and quite possibly even PC hasn''t decided at this stage) it would take us a damn sight further forward than we would be without it.

[/quote]

£20m is great but what happens when it runs out? There''s no guarantee that we will go up or indeed stay up. But that''s not the point. However much money we would earn in the Prem, we would need more investment. It doesn''t just pay for itself. There are too many fools out there thinking this £20m will be like a weekly win on the Lottery - that it will just keep generating its own cash. It won''t.

That''s why we need to know more.

[quote user="Match Day Pie"][quote user="Fat Prophet"][quote user="Match Day Pie"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

£20m is great but what happens when it runs out? There''s no guarantee that we will go up or indeed stay up. But that''s not the point. However much money we would earn in the Prem, we would need more investment. It doesn''t just pay for itself. There are too many fools out there thinking this £20m will be like a weekly win on the Lottery - that it will just keep generating its own cash. It won''t.

[/quote]

Of course there are no guarantees, football isn''t like that.  I am becoming increasingly concerned at the number of ''fans'' who come on here with a "we can''t guarantee success so it''s better not to try" agenda.  It just show what 10+ years of brainwashing can do. 

If some people have overinflated expectations (and I don''t think many do, the issue for most of us is that without new investment the future looks very bleak indeed) then it''s partly down to the club to manage those expectations without resorting to more "prudence with ambition" BS.

[quote user="Match Day Pie"][quote user="shortfatb"][quote user="Match Day Pie"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

What the hell was he doing going so public if he had/has no intention of seeing it through? If there is a legitimate reason for a deal not taking place, then he has as much responsibility to tell us why as the board do. And seeing as they won''t, his tactics are rather odd if he''s just going to skulk off into a corner and leave us in such a mess.

If he wants the best for the club, he''ll tell us what''s going on - because the board won''t, and if he wants us on his side, and doesn''t want the speculation to rip the club apart, he''ll put a stop to this nonsense once and for all.

[/quote]

No, Cullum doesn''t need to say anything, he has brilliantly manipulated the fans to think he''s a billionaire and he wants to put £20m for players, the Delia/Doncaster machine hid up, came out with a crass statement, left Cullum ''bemused'' or whatever and then agreed to meet him and have now declared all bets off immediately. So whoever is right, unless Delia comes up with £20m or some sh*t hot reasons why they''ve stopped talking to him or anyone else, I can only see ridicule and scorn for the board and support for a local born billionaire who wants the club to do well. He has potential and the current owners show none, sad for them, but inevitable, he''s stitched them up and veryone knows he''s rich and potentially even richer. Goodbye D and M.   

[quote user="Fat Prophet"][quote user="Match Day Pie"][quote user="Fat Prophet"][quote user="Match Day Pie"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Of course there are no guarantees, football isn''t like that.  I am becoming increasingly concerned at the number of ''fans'' who come on here with a "we can''t guarantee success so it''s better not to try" agenda.  It just show what 10+ years of brainwashing can do. 

If some people have overinflated expectations (and I don''t think many do, the issue for most of us is that without new investment the future looks very bleak indeed) then it''s partly down to the club to manage those expectations without resorting to more "prudence with ambition" BS.

[/quote]

PS.  How about trying to answer the question.  You accuse people of not questioning his intentions.  What intentions do you think he has that would leave the club in a worse mess than it is now? 

Fat Prophet wrote the following post at 11/07/2008 11:17 AM:

''Of course there are no guarantees, football isn''t like that.  I am becoming increasingly concerned at the number of ''fans'' who come on here with a "we can''t guarantee success so it''s better not to try" agenda.  It just show what 10+ years of brainwashing can do. 

PS.  How about trying to answer the question.  You accuse people of not questioning his intentions.  What intentions do you think he has that would leave the club in a worse mess than it is now?''

---------------------------

Why is it that you can''t write something on this forum without having to write in language that a four-year-old would understand, or that people HAVE to consider you either for or against the NCFC board?  Can you not read? And where have I said his intentions will leave us in a worse mess?

I''m not supporting the board and not accepting the status quo - read the bloody words! I want to know the board''s long term intentions and I want to know Cullum''s long term intentions. Neither are telling us so.

If Cullum''s millions get us in the Prem, great - but I, as should any sensible fan, want guarantees that he''s not just going to shrug his shoulders and just say, ''sorry, no more cash left'' when we need to step onto the next level - be that moving up the Prem or simply ensuring survival.

Now it''s my turn to make an assumtion about you, but I apologise if I am wrong: You seem to be dazzled by the £20m, that it will be our saviour, and that''s exactly what I''m saying we need to be wary of - of course the money will help, but surely we need to have a long-term plan (from anyone - Cullum, board, rich Russian playboy) because I for one am sick to the back teeth of being a supporter of a club that is eternally a ''nearly'' club.

Someone out there has a better offer than Cullum - we shouldn''t be blinded by the first wad that gets flashed in front of us. I fear, however, it''s already too late for that.

Ralph Wright wrote the following post at 11/07/2008 11:05 AM:

So as stated all last week

NO OFFER

NOTHING

JACK SH*T FROM CULLUM

and before the anti club rabble start throwing their toys out of the pram let me suggest they hold their breath as revelations after the end of August may well show why what was ''offered'' and why there was no way forward.

CULLUM has an entirely different agenda to the club .......... and I''m sad to say the fans.

Unfortunately there are enough witless fools on here to swallow any guff if it fit''s in with their narrow delusions.

Wait until the truth comes out, which I''m led to believe is confidential, as agreed.

People talk though.

Ralph - the "revelations at the end of August" - is that going to come from the club?

I think it''s the Board who need to go public, Cullum has been making all the noises this week, and we fans have little reason to believe he isn''t the ideal person to take over at Norwich, and untill the board come out and explain there side, they will continue to be in the wrong in the fans opinion, just look at what has been said on this forum today. I hope to god they have GOOD reasons, otherwise Carrow Road will turn into an anti board campaign.

[quote user="West_London_Canary"]

I think it''s the Board who need to go public, Cullum has been making all the noises this week, and we fans have little reason to believe he isn''t the ideal person to take over at Norwich, and untill the board come out and explain there side, they will continue to be in the wrong in the fans opinion, just look at what has been said on this forum today. I hope to god they have GOOD reasons, otherwise Carrow Road will turn into an anti board campaign.

[/quote]

I agree, if the board went public that would be great. But we know they won''t, which Cullum must have known when he decided to play to the press. Now he has a responsibility to follow that up.

[quote user="Fat Prophet"][quote user="Fat Prophet"][quote user="Match Day Pie"][quote user="Fat Prophet"][quote user="Match Day Pie"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

PS.  How about trying to answer the question.  You accuse people of not questioning his intentions.  What intentions do you think he has that would leave the club in a worse mess than it is now? 

[/quote]I''ll have ago at asking these questions.Is £20 million enough? If its a start then yes, its not a start but everything then no, it is not enough to get us up and keep us there on its own, given the players we would need its around £1.5million each  I reckon we would need to average about £4million a player to stay up. Given that CULLUM DID SAY IT WAS ALL HE WOULD PUT IN, in the second EDP interview, which was his words almost verbatum. Then I think £20 million isn''t enough, yes its more than we have at the minute, but if it won''t actually make any difference to where we are, then why not hold out for more.This isn''t  "we can''t guarantee success so it''s better not to try", its called holding out for an offer that will actually do something, Which personally I think is available.   Why give the club to someone else, someone who has proved them no less inclined to use the hated spin, someone who has no better track record at running a football club, when the offer is big, but not overwhelmingly big. Certainly if you take into account the £16 million extra, even the total £56 million is just pocket change to this man. If he''s not inclined to think about stumping up extra now, what make people think he''ll be more inclined to do so when he is in charge and the manager wants this or that player to complete the jigsaw?Yes he has a better track record on buisness than Delia and isn''t a cook, but isn''t that one of the major complaints against the current board, that they are not football people?  That they are more concerned with the bottom line than the football?  Apart from playing as a kid, Cullum isn''t a football person either.Cullum''s intentions:Given what I''ve seen I think that Cullum''s intentions are to get a football club on the cheap, so that he can have that most fashionable of rich men''s toys, His Own Football Club.  He doen''t rate the club high enough to even negotiate over the possibility of giving Delia an out.  That to me says that he is not serious about putting the needs of the club before his own ideas and wants.  Is that a attitude (ignoring his money for a minute) you would want someone who takes over to have?   From the evidence it hasn''t impressed the board one little bit.He seems not to have left his prrofit making instincts at the door, something else I would very much want anyone linked to Norwich to do. Delia has said she would sell cheaply, with the conditions that the buyer would take us forward and have the best interests of the club at heart.  Personlly I''d say Cullum probably failed the second part of that condition.

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]So as stated all last week

NO OFFER

NOTHING

JACK SH*T FROM CULLUM

and before the anti club rabble start throwing their toys out of the pram let me suggest they hold their breath as revelations after the end of August may well show why what was ''offered'' and why there was no way forward.

CULLUM has an entirely different agenda to the club .......... and I''m sad to say the fans.

Unfortunately there are enough witless fools on here to swallow any guff if it fit''s in with their narrow delusions.

Wait until the truth comes out, which I''m led to believe is confidential, as agreed.

People talk though.
[/quote]

It aint over yet Ralph.  The fat lady''s still tucking into more cream buns.

I''ve never called anyone an idiot on here before, but just for the record . . . YOU ARE AN IDIOT!

I''ll have ago at asking these questions.

Is £20 million enough?
If its a start then yes, its not a start but everything then no, it is not enough to get us up and keep us there on its own, given the players we would need its around £1.5million each  I reckon we would need to average about £4million a player to stay up. Given that CULLUM DID SAY IT WAS ALL HE WOULD PUT IN, in the second EDP interview, which was his words almost verbatum. Then I think £20 million isn''t enough, yes its more than we have at the minute, but if it won''t actually make any difference to where we are, then why not hold out for more.

This isn''t  "we can''t guarantee success so it''s better not to try", its called holding out for an offer that will actually do something, Which personally I think is available.   Why give the club to someone else, someone who has proved them no less inclined to use the hated spin, someone who has no better track record at running a football club, when the offer is big, but not overwhelmingly big. Certainly if you take into account the £16 million extra, even the total £56 million is just pocket change to this man. If he''s not inclined to think about stumping up extra now, what make people think he''ll be more inclined to do so when he is in charge and the manager wants this or that player to complete the jigsaw?

Yes he has a better track record on buisness than Delia and isn''t a cook, but isn''t that one of the major complaints against the current board, that they are not football people?  That they are more concerned with the bottom line than the football?  Apart from playing as a kid, Cullum isn''t a football person either.

Cullum''s intentions:
Given what I''ve seen I think that Cullum''s intentions are to get a football club on the cheap, so that he can have that most fashionable of rich men''s toys, His Own Football Club.  He doen''t rate the club high enough to even negotiate over the possibility of giving Delia an out.  That to me says that he is not serious about putting the needs of the club before his own ideas and wants.  Is that a attitude (ignoring his money for a minute) you would want someone who takes over to have?   From the evidence it hasn''t impressed the board one little bit.
He seems not to have left his prrofit making instincts at the door, something else I would very much want anyone linked to Norwich to do.

Delia has said she would sell cheaply, with the conditions that the buyer would take us forward and have the best interests of the club at heart.  Personlly I''d say Cullum probably failed the second part of that condition.
[/quote]

MDP. Cullum has said he would put in £20 million at this stage.  He has never said that''s all, ever.  Neither had he said it isn''t.

But your whole argument stands or falls on the statement "an offer which will actually do something.  Which personally I think is available".  You have not the slightest scrap of evidence to back that up. 

It seems that you''re not interested in new investment unless it can get us into the Prem and keep us there.  Despite your protestations it''s clear you are looking for guarantees. 

What right has Peter Cullum to call hmself a fan?

NO fan would do to Norwich City Fc what he has done......   he has undermined the club and turned fan on fan.

IF he is a fan HE must do something to make up for this mess, that means put money in and ask for nothing back except the pleasure of watching good football and putting smiles back on peoples faces.

Fan in training, your copy and paste function seems to be getting a good work-out... binner or Doncaster? You decide...

[quote user="Match Day Pie"]FP: I didn''t write what you quoted, which is what I think you were referring to?[/quote]

Yes I see MDP, my apologies.  The post was getting too big so I tried to reduce it and took out the wrong name. 

Why didn''t you answer it then? [:D]  Seriously no need to bother now, I''m going for my dinner . . . [pi] [B]

[quote user="Fat Prophet"]

[quote user="Match Day Pie"]FP: I didn''t write what you quoted, which is what I think you were referring to?[/quote]

Yes I see MDP, my apologies.  The post was getting too big so I tried to reduce it and took out the wrong name. 

Why didn''t you answer it then? [:D]  Seriously no need to bother now, I''m going for my dinner . . . [pi] [B]

[/quote]

Too many things to write about today without going up someone else''s avenue (if you''ll excuse the phrase)!