Sign in to follow this  
james norwich

Delia & MWJ have made the right decision

All of this anti-Delia rubbish is pathetic playgound nonsense. Peter Cullum comes up with £5M when we are at our lowest ebb (QPR away & Grant in charge) with a further offer of £20M to kickstart the new season.

Looks like an attempt to buy up on the cheap. When he offers £20M via the press that doesn''t strike me as the behaviour of an astute businessman seriously trying to invest in the club that he loves. Look like an attempt to overthrow/unstabalise the current board pre-season. It looks too good to be true to the ticket buying fans - and guess what, it was.

Delia and MWJ are highly respected business people with yellow and green blood flowing through their veins. They love the club as fans and rescued it before Robert Chase could swap it for a stall on the market. If it wasn''t for them and the legend which is Geoffrey Watling there would be no Norwich City.

They will hand over the reins to the right investor and at the right time. If Mr Cullum wants to make the fans (including himself) happy he could write a cheque for £5M with no strings attached - but he wants to control things.

Come on lets get behind Delia & MWJ and support them and the team.

All of this pro-Delia rubbish is pathetic playgound nonsense. Peter

Cullum comes up with £5M when we are at our lowest ebb (QPR away &

Grant in charge) with a further offer of £20M to kickstart the new

season, thats 23 million than it looks like we have to spend without him.

Looks like an attempt to buy up on the cheap, even though this opinion is wild speculation. When he offers £20M

via the press that doesn''t strike me as the behaviour of an astute

businessman seriously trying to invest in the club that he loves. More astute would be to say 20 million for players to get the public on side and then offer share buy out on top in private.  Look

like an attempt to overthrow/unstabalise the current board pre-season.

It looks too good to be true to the ticket buying fans - and guess

what, it was.

Delia and MWJ are highly respected business people with yellow and

green blood flowing through their veins. They love the club as fans and

rescued it before Robert Chase could swap it for a stall on the market.

If it wasn''t for them and the legend which is Geoffrey Watling there

would be no Norwich City.

They will hand over the reins to the right investor and at the right

time. If Mr Cullum wants to make the fans (including himself) happy he

could write a cheque for £5M with no strings attached - but he wants to

control things.

Come on lets get behind Delia & MWJ and support them and the team, even though we have no idea if they actually refused a goof offer for their shares because they love the club so much they cant let go and may end up doing it more harm...

[quote user="james norwich"]

All of this anti-Delia rubbish is pathetic playgound nonsense. Peter Cullum comes up with £5M when we are at our lowest ebb (QPR away & Grant in charge) with a further offer of £20M to kickstart the new season.

Looks like an attempt to buy up on the cheap. When he offers £20M via the press that doesn''t strike me as the behaviour of an astute businessman seriously trying to invest in the club that he loves. Look like an attempt to overthrow/unstabalise the current board pre-season. It looks too good to be true to the ticket buying fans - and guess what, it was.

Delia and MWJ are highly respected business people with yellow and green blood flowing through their veins. They love the club as fans and rescued it before Robert Chase could swap it for a stall on the market. If it wasn''t for them and the legend which is Geoffrey Watling there would be no Norwich City.

They will hand over the reins to the right investor and at the right time. If Mr Cullum wants to make the fans (including himself) happy he could write a cheque for £5M with no strings attached - but he wants to control things.

[/quote]

[/quote]Why would I want to get behind those two?They are fat enough, rich enough, pissed enough and daft enough as it is.  I''ll just stick to the team, thanks all the same.

[/quote]

You support them all you like, and I won''t knock you for that, your decision at the end of the day.  But please don''t expect everyone to feel how you do, I for one don''t trust the board an inch anymore.

Delia and MWJ are highly respected business people

[/quote]No they''re not. Cullum on the other hand, is.All

[quote user="james norwich"]They will hand over the reins to the right investor and at the right time.[/quote]How far into the future do you perceive as being ''the right time''? Personally, I see ''the right time'' as being somewhere in the past - for example, when the parachute payments ran out, we were bottom of the league with a clueless manager and an abysmal squad? And as for ''the right investor'', how much ''righter'' could an investor be than a lifelong fan who played for the youth team and is worth £1.7bn? Okay we don''t know all the facts, but what makes you think we will know all the facts about any future potential investment? What if nobody else comes forward? Without a serious cash investment we''ll be lucky to tread water in this division, let alone move forward.

[/quote]

what a truly tragic and misguided person you are, and as your posts demonstrates you are in no way supporting the club, you are burying your head in the sand whilst our club is being eroded away. We need views like yours like a hole in the head right now.

I would rather support Ipswich than support them, with them in charge our club is only going one way and it ain''t up to the prem. I am also disappointed that Mr Cullum didn''t just come up with the 56 million and get their backsides out of the club, if I had his kind of money I couldn''t just sit by and watch them destroy the club knowing if I gave them what they want I could improve things.

[/quote]Your problem, James, is that much like us you don''t know any of the facts.  So any rants you come out with are just cries for attention from the wilderness.I think I preferred you when you were trying out your "rodent" comedy routine.  Laugh?  I almost cried.

[quote user="JC"]

All of this pro-Delia rubbish is pathetic playgound nonsense. Peter

Cullum comes up with £5M when we are at our lowest ebb (QPR away &

Grant in charge) with a further offer of £20M to kickstart the new

season, thats 23 million than it looks like we have to spend without him.

Looks like an attempt to buy up on the cheap, even though this opinion is wild speculation. When he offers £20M

via the press that doesn''t strike me as the behaviour of an astute

businessman seriously trying to invest in the club that he loves. More astute would be to say 20 million for players to get the public on side and then offer share buy out on top in private.  Look

like an attempt to overthrow/unstabalise the current board pre-season.

It looks too good to be true to the ticket buying fans - and guess

what, it was.

Delia and MWJ are highly respected business people with yellow and

green blood flowing through their veins. They love the club as fans and

rescued it before Robert Chase could swap it for a stall on the market.

If it wasn''t for them and the legend which is Geoffrey Watling there

would be no Norwich City.

They will hand over the reins to the right investor and at the right

time. If Mr Cullum wants to make the fans (including himself) happy he

could write a cheque for £5M with no strings attached - but he wants to

control things.

Come on lets get behind Delia & MWJ and support them and the team, even though we have no idea if they actually refused a goof offer for their shares because they love the club so much they cant let go and may end up doing it more harm...

[/quote][/quote]yes but the condition was that if we got relegated we had to pay back to him.............wow what a great fan of the club!! Oh and the reason he went to the press? to use the fans as leaverage in the hope of getting the club on the cheap..........its people like you that need to wake up![:@]

[quote user="rum-ole-boy"][quote user="JC"]

All of this pro-Delia rubbish is pathetic playgound nonsense. Peter Cullum comes up with £5M when we are at our lowest ebb (QPR away & Grant in charge) with a further offer of £20M to kickstart the new season, thats 23 million than it looks like we have to spend without him.

Looks like an attempt to buy up on the cheap, even though this opinion is wild speculation. When he offers £20M via the press that doesn''t strike me as the behaviour of an astute businessman seriously trying to invest in the club that he loves. More astute would be to say 20 million for players to get the public on side and then offer share buy out on top in private.  Look like an attempt to overthrow/unstabalise the current board pre-season. It looks too good to be true to the ticket buying fans - and guess what, it was.

[/quote][/quote]

yes but the condition was that if we got relegated we had to pay back to him.............wow what a great fan of the club!! Oh and the reason he went to the press? to use the fans as leaverage in the hope of getting the club on the cheap..........its people like you that need to wake up![:@]
[/quote]

It''s called business, I don''t think a single one of us would want to pay a penny more for something than we had to. Most of us want change at the club anyway and this has been a missed opportunity as far as I''m concerned. I only care about NCFC and it doesn''t matter to me what Delia Smith gets for her shares, after all it was she who said that she didn''t want any money for herself so why doesn''t she do a Jack Hayward and sell her shares to Cullum for a nominal amount in return for investment in the club? I think we all know the answer to that one.

[/quote]

You do what you want. The majority want them out so accept it and get your head out of the sand.

[quote user="kdncfc"]I would rather support Ipswich than support them.[/quote]

I hope not...

Come on lets get behind Delia & MWJ .

[/quote]

If you''re plain thick enough to get behind them, then do so pal, I actually hate their guts! and when our club goes tits up this season, at least my concience will be clear...........unlike yours!

[/quote]

Right lets get a few things straight, and this applies to all of you who say us anti board people are being OTT.

1, We were put in an awful position last season because of the boards inability to pick a worthwhile manager, and to say anything other than Peter Grant was a cheap option would be garbage.

2, At a time when we needed the board to push the boat out a little and make signings (January transfer window) to save the club from relegation they did very little. They were very lucky that the gamble of doing next to nothing paid off just.

3, The treatment of a true Norwich legend (Huckerby) was to say the least poor, this just shows the boards lack of customer relation skills.

4, The lies about there  being no individuals interested in investing in the club, was simply not true.

5, Delias now infamous outburst about selling the club (after the AGM) and the terms that she would sell under, the goalposts have been moved somewhat.

6, The constant sale of playing assets within the club, that if replaced are replaced with journeymen or freebies.

7, Our lovely club has been turned into a branch of the MI5, we are told nothing about anything. A major issue like the Cullum situation surely we have moral rights to be told what went on. For goodness sake we fill Carrow Road week in week out for our loyalty we should be treated better than we are, plus by going public on what was not right it might alert other potential investors or purchasers as to what it would take to appease Delia.

We have put up with a hell of alot of crap over the last 3 years or so and I think we deserve better that we are being given. I love my club and like anything or anybody you have a genuine love for you want to see it grow and do well.

One quote from yesterday (Neil Doncaster) has remained uppermost in my mind ever since, he said...

“The search for new investment has been constant in the 10 years I have been at the club and the board is in constant dialogue with key businesses and individuals around Norwich. We remain extremely keen to bring in new investment.”

Ten years!

I am struggling to think about how successful they have been regarding getting in this "new investment" in that time. The money from the Turner''s springs to mind, but, such is the state of the clubs debts, it doesn''t look as if that went into anything other than servicing debt, else going towards the RBS loan. Indeed, the supposed attitude of the RBS as declaring that it was a "condition" of any take over that the loan was imemdiately repaid concerned me as well, if the loan''s with the RBS was secured by assets that were worth more, then you wouldn''t think they would need to have insisted on there being such a condition, and it does make me wonder-with no evidence obviously to suggest that my thoughts are correct-at how close the club might be to insolvency and administration?

That ten year period during which they have been constantly seeking new investment would have included a title winning side and a season in the Premiership, surely a time to really actively seek-and you would think secure-some sort of investment would have been during that time, if they couldn''t get it then, what chance now when we are a mid to low table CCC club with no chance whatsoever (love to be proved wrong on this) of being involved in the promotion race next season.

Just how actively have they been seeking this investment? And, with Cullum well knows as a Norwich fan, and his obvious wealth-did he really have to approach the club, surely they didn''t stand idly by, with knowledge of a fan such as him, and not ever approach him about investment, the words Doncaster used have been "...constant dialogue with businesses and key individuals..." -did this ever include him, at any stage? Or did he really have to come knocking on the boardroom door to offer it himslef?

Whatever the in''s and out''s of this deal, the fact that this quoted policy of actively seeking investment suggests that either the people at the club aren''t very good at doing it, else the state of the clubs finances are so parlous, that those people spoken have seen what they might be investing into and have backed off! Given that possibility, rejecting Cullum out of hand seems crazy, what might have been reassuring yesterday was some indication that discussions and dialogue would be ongoing and over a period of time, rather than this "immediate termination" that sounds rather final.

Roeder said he wanted at least 10-12 players this Summer, he has three at the moment. I dare say more will come in, but I would venture that most of them will be loanees, but, no matter what anyone says, they are short term fixes, have no investment or return value and merely illustrate us as a finishing school for wealthier clubs, which, last season, included Reading! Hardly progressive.

[/quote]

James - answer this simple question please:

Has Delia Smith ever done that (i.e. what you suggest that Cullum should have done)?  No, of course not. So why should he?

[quote user="rum-ole-boy"][quote user="JC"]

All of this pro-Delia rubbish is pathetic playgound nonsense. Peter Cullum comes up with £5M when we are at our lowest ebb (QPR away & Grant in charge) with a further offer of £20M to kickstart the new season, thats 23 million than it looks like we have to spend without him.

Looks like an attempt to buy up on the cheap, even though this opinion is wild speculation. When he offers £20M via the press that doesn''t strike me as the behaviour of an astute businessman seriously trying to invest in the club that he loves. More astute would be to say 20 million for players to get the public on side and then offer share buy out on top in private.  Look like an attempt to overthrow/unstabalise the current board pre-season. It looks too good to be true to the ticket buying fans - and guess what, it was.

[/quote][/quote]

yes but the condition was that if we got relegated we had to pay back to him.............wow what a great fan of the club!! [/quote]

Thats bull, he didnt offer 5m but wanted it back if we were relegated, he offered 5m and another 15m for the summer. This 5m to be paid back if relegated is a lie created by the pro delias.if you cant find fault dont lie to get your own way. get your head out of the sand.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"][quote user="rum-ole-boy"][quote user="JC"]

[/quote][/quote]yes but the condition was that if we got relegated we had to pay back to him.............wow what a great fan of the club!! [/quote]

Thats bull, he didnt offer 5m but wanted it back if we were relegated, he offered 5m and another 15m for the summer. This 5m to be paid back if relegated is a lie created by the pro delias.if you cant find fault dont lie to get your own way. get your head out of the sand.

[/quote]maybe you should do the same...............all you can see is the £20m for transfers..............fair enough but what about paying off our debts and paying other shareholders their amount?? you think Delia wants to walk away with nothing from what shes put in? would you? thats what I thought

[quote user="rum-ole-boy"]maybe you should do the same...............all you can see is the £20m for transfers..............fair enough but what about paying off our debts and paying other shareholders their amount?? you think Delia wants to walk away with nothing from what shes put in? would you? thats what I thought[/quote]Well, that''s what she''s repeatedly said in interviews... but your response to that thread was "yawn" which shows you should probably pay more attention as you might learn something.

[quote user="rum-ole-boy"][quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"][quote user="rum-ole-boy"][quote user="JC"]

[/quote][/quote]

yes but the condition was that if we got relegated we had to pay back to him.............wow what a great fan of the club!! [/quote]

[/quote]

maybe you should do the same...............all you can see is the £20m for transfers..............fair enough but what about paying off our debts and paying other shareholders their amount?? you think Delia wants to walk away with nothing from what shes put in? would you? thats what I thought
[/quote]

So you admit you lot are making up this "5m to be paid back if we got relegated" crap. I rest my case. If he took over he would have to negotiate with the people we owe money to that is fact. Of course Delia should get somthing, but we the supporters should get something we deserve aswell.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="rum-ole-boy"]
maybe you should do the same...............all you can see is the £20m for transfers..............fair enough but what about paying off our debts and paying other shareholders their amount?? you think Delia wants to walk away with nothing from what shes put in? would you? thats what I thought
[/quote]

Well, that''s what she''s repeatedly said in interviews... but your response to that thread was "yawn" which shows you should probably pay more attention as you might learn something.
[/quote]

LOL

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

One quote from yesterday (Neil Doncaster) has remained uppermost in my mind ever since, he said...

“The search for new investment has been constant in the 10 years I have been at the club and the board is in constant dialogue with key businesses and individuals around Norwich. We remain extremely keen to bring in new investment.”

Ten years!

I am struggling to think about how successful they have been regarding getting in this "new investment" in that time. The money from the Turner''s springs to mind, but, such is the state of the clubs debts, it doesn''t look as if that went into anything other than servicing debt, else going towards the RBS loan. Indeed, the supposed attitude of the RBS as declaring that it was a "condition" of any take over that the loan was imemdiately repaid concerned me as well, if the loan''s with the RBS was secured by assets that were worth more, then you wouldn''t think they would need to have insisted on there being such a condition, and it does make me wonder-with no evidence obviously to suggest that my thoughts are correct-at how close the club might be to insolvency and administration?

That ten year period during which they have been constantly seeking new investment would have included a title winning side and a season in the Premiership, surely a time to really actively seek-and you would think secure-some sort of investment would have been during that time, if they couldn''t get it then, what chance now when we are a mid to low table CCC club with no chance whatsoever (love to be proved wrong on this) of being involved in the promotion race next season.

Just how actively have they been seeking this investment? And, with Cullum well knows as a Norwich fan, and his obvious wealth-did he really have to approach the club, surely they didn''t stand idly by, with knowledge of a fan such as him, and not ever approach him about investment, the words Doncaster used have been "...constant dialogue with businesses and key individuals..." -did this ever include him, at any stage? Or did he really have to come knocking on the boardroom door to offer it himslef?

Whatever the in''s and out''s of this deal, the fact that this quoted policy of actively seeking investment suggests that either the people at the club aren''t very good at doing it, else the state of the clubs finances are so parlous, that those people spoken have seen what they might be investing into and have backed off! Given that possibility, rejecting Cullum out of hand seems crazy, what might have been reassuring yesterday was some indication that discussions and dialogue would be ongoing and over a period of time, rather than this "immediate termination" that sounds rather final.

Roeder said he wanted at least 10-12 players this Summer, he has three at the moment. I dare say more will come in, but I would venture that most of them will be loanees, but, no matter what anyone says, they are short term fixes, have no investment or return value and merely illustrate us as a finishing school for wealthier clubs, which, last season, included Reading! Hardly progressive.

[/quote]

Good post, Old Shuck. I particularly liked your reference to Doomcaster''s quote in the EDP about constantly seeking new investment over the last ten years. When I read that I just roared with laughter and thought that''s the biggest load of old codswallop I have ever read from the spin doctor in chief. Talk about claptrap!