Sign in to follow this  
McCanary

So Cullum walks away blameless does he??

Why is he not prepared to answer the questions in the Steve Downes article in the EDP?

He was quick enough to go to the press when he thought he could wade in and take over wasn`t he?

"The EDP tried to contact Mr Cullum with a series of questions about the latest twist in the tale, but he refused to comment.

Among the questions asked were:

1. Why did the talks break down?

2. Did you improve the £20m offer? How?

3. If not, why not?

4. The fans see a man with a lot of money. They may ask why you didn''t simply come up with what it takes to control the club and move it forward? So why not?

5. Were any strings attached to your offer(s)?

6. Will you come back at a later date?

7. Will you still attend NCFC home matches when possible?

8. Are you prepared to give some money as a gift to buy players? How much? When?

9. How do you feel about the way things ended?"

NO COMMENT SAYS MUCH NORE THAN ANSWERING ANY OF THESE QUESTIONS TO ME

[quote user="McCanary"]

Why is he not prepared to answer the questions in the Steve Downes article in the EDP?

He was quick enough to go to the press when he thought he could wade in and take over wasn`t he?

"The EDP tried to contact Mr Cullum with a series of questions about the latest twist in the tale, but he refused to comment.Among the questions asked were:1. Why did the talks break down?2. Did you improve the £20m offer? How?3. If not, why not?4. The fans see a man with a lot of money. They may ask why you didn''t simply come up with what it takes to control the club and move it forward? So why not?5. Were any strings attached to your offer(s)?6. Will you come back at a later date?7. Will you still attend NCFC home matches when possible?8. Are you prepared to give some money as a gift to buy players? How much? When?9. How do you feel about the way things ended?"

NO COMMENT SAYS MUCH NORE THAN ANSWERING ANY OF THESE QUESTIONS TO ME

[/quote]But you''re not blaming delia for everything, so expect to see this sensible post drift steadily away as all the new witch-hunting ones appear.

Any reasonable person can quite clearly see this deal fell apart by both parties insistence to get their own way. Delia and the current board wanted top dollar for their shares and Peter Cullum clearly didn''t want to spend any more than the £20million transfer budget he had initially offered.People have immediately jumped to blame Delia and while she is not blameless, she is not the sole target for blame - unfortunately, some of the idiots on this forum simply can''t see that.

Big difference is Cullum can take this club forward Delia can only take it to League 1 , just look at how much our entire squad cost £3.4 million and thats with the Doc costing a million .Sooner Delia sods off the sooner we can start building a proper team .

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Big difference is Cullum can take this club forward Delia can only take it to League 1 , just look at how much our entire squad cost £3.4 million and thats with the Doc costing a million .Sooner Delia sods off the sooner we can start building a proper team .[/quote]LOL, and this is what I mean by blame culture.

I think you are totally right, from what is being said it now appears Cullum did want something for nothing. I know everyone will come out with the "you don''t trust Doncaster do you?" reply. But on the face of it I do!If he was lying I''m pretty sure Cullum would be rushing out and saying so, not like he has been media shy over the last couple of weeks is it?It was nice to hope over the past couple of weeks, but it''s gone for now and we need to concentrate on the season ahead. Hopefully Cullum can "scrape" together the money he needs to pay off the debt, or actually work out an agreement with the money lenders to let him continue the loan.Our situation now is no different to what it was 2 months ago, and there was certainly less talk of slipping into League 1 then. (Although the glass half full guys were banging on about it)

You are right.  Lets concentrate on the new signings and the team...the team we will not recognise...

[quote user="Jonny 5"]I think you are totally right, from what is being said it now appears Cullum did want something for nothing. I know everyone will come out with the "you don''t trust Doncaster do you?" reply. But on the face of it I do!If he was lying I''m pretty sure Cullum would be rushing out and saying so, not like he has been media shy over the last couple of weeks is it?It was nice to hope over the past couple of weeks, but it''s gone for now and we need to concentrate on the season ahead. Hopefully Cullum can "scrape" together the money he needs to pay off the debt, or actually work out an agreement with the money lenders to let him continue the loan.Our situation now is no different to what it was 2 months ago, and there was certainly less talk of slipping into League 1 then. (Although the glass half full guys were banging on about it)[/quote]

The point is why didn''t they ask these (or similar) questions of him when the story first broke.

Instead we''ve had nearly two weeks of Archant printing Cullum''s press releases almost verbatim and the Club saying almost nothing resluting in fans bickering between themselves and a lot of name-calling.

All of a sudden Archant want to be seen as the great investigative reporters?

Do me a favour - if they had done their job correctly in the first place and written the article from a little more of an objective angle then we might not be in the turmoil we''re in now.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"]Any reasonable person can quite clearly see this deal fell apart by both parties insistence to get their own way. Delia and the current board wanted top dollar for their shares and Peter Cullum clearly didn''t want to spend any more than the £20million transfer budget he had initially offered.

People have immediately jumped to blame Delia and while she is not blameless, she is not the sole target for blame - unfortunately, some of the idiots on this forum simply can''t see that.
[/quote]

Well maybe I''m not a reasonable person then because I can''t clearly see what deal was offered or why it fell apart. I guess I could make something up though.

Clearly it''s obvious the deal fell apart because Delia and the current board wanted to take their pots and pans back to Suffolk and Peter Cullum wanted to keep them.

I dont know anything really about the man, but my feeling is that as a very successful business man first and foremost, Peter Cullum will have his way, he wont be made a mug of and he will get a ''deal'' at the end of the day that suits his agenda. He may be a fan and his blood as green as yours and mine, but he doesn''t change who he is overnight because of some romantic attachment to NCFC. He can be as patient as he likes, there is no pressure on him at all. Delia and Michael are in a ''no win'' situation at the moment. They do not have anyone else queuing up to invest and will be the cursed by sections of our fan base if things dont get off to a good start in August. Glen really has his work cut out to bail them out and keep the Cullum ''wolf'' from the door by putting a decent squad together. Like it or not, it is going to have to be bargain basement stock and finding new diamonds within those loaned Premiership youngsters.

I guess that Mr Wolf will come a calling around about Christmas time again.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"]Any reasonable person can quite clearly see this deal fell apart by both parties insistence to get their own way. Delia and the current board wanted top dollar for their shares and Peter Cullum clearly didn''t want to spend any more than the £20million transfer budget he had initially offered.

People have immediately jumped to blame Delia and while she is not blameless, she is not the sole target for blame - unfortunately, some of the idiots on this forum simply can''t see that.
[/quote]

Well maybe I''m not a reasonable person then because I can''t clearly see what deal was offered or why it fell apart. I guess I could make something up though.

Clearly it''s obvious the deal fell apart because Delia and the current board wanted to take their pots and pans back to Suffolk and Peter Cullum wanted to keep them.

[/quote]

Lol @ Nutty Nigel [:)]