Sign in to follow this  
ForeverYellow

Tyon Rejects Extension !

Nottingham Forest striker Nathan Tyson has rejected an extension to his contract, potentially re-igniting reported interest from Norwich.

Glenn Roeder could move for rumoured target Nathan Tyson after the striker appeared unsettled at Nottingham Forest.

Forest, whose boss Colin Calderwood has bolstered his forward line with big-name signings Andrew Cole and Robert Earnshaw already this summer and is said to be after Preston''s Brett Ormerod, spurned overtures from Norwich earlier in the summer.

The Canaries have already taken midfielder Sammy Clingan from the City Ground and are desperate to beef up their forward line, which at the moment comprises only Jamie Cureton with any meaningful first
team experience.

Tyson, 26, has turned down an extension to his contract and told the Evening Post, "They have said that I have to prove myself and I will - then get a better offer. As far as I am concerned, I have a year left on my contract which means we have a whole year left to talk about it."

The former Wycombe striker is unlikely to want to face another season on the sidelines, however, and could be tempted by guaranteed first team
football at a rival Championship club.

As unreliable website as it is, I think he''d do alright for us, there are indeed better strikers out there, but at the same times I can think of many worse!