Sign in to follow this  
BunnyB

Time to move on

With all the speculation going on over the last few weeks I think it is time that we all moved on and stopped jumping to rash decisions over who''s fault it is that the deal broke down. Lets face it none of us know 100% for sure what actually happened in the events leading up to the meeting and what actually happened in the meeting. But unfortunately the deal could not be done FACT and it by the sounds of it hasn''t now got a hope of ever happening. I do think though that all of this Delia Out campain is a bit unjust and i can appreciate where you are comming from because a day ago I agreed and I regret some of the things I posted on here because I think we all wanted this deal to happen so desperately when it didn''t we needed someone to lash out at. Our club is not going to move forward unless the fans are 100% behind the club which even though we may not like it includes the people on a the board and the team. I also think that any talk or even plans for a protest or petition should be carefully considered because the damage that could cause could be far greater than the believed benafits. Who would you like to come and replace Delia for example, I don''t think you can blame her for not wanting to hand over the club for nothing, thats a bit like some saying as I believe another poster posted letting someone have your house on the condition they put an extension on it and put in a swankey new kichen. The teams success this season boils down to Roeder and his ability to bring in players, I havn''t heard him complain about his budget and he has bought in some decent players so far so I personaly am going to forget this buissness ever happened because apart from a select few no one was complaining before this news was brought to us thanks to our friends at Archant. So I look forward with anticipation to see what players Roeder manages to bring in and the start of the new season!P.s. hope my spelling and punctuation is better this time.

If only it were that easy bunny, a lot of fans have been hurt over this latest happening.  Especially the long term fans, no offence to short term fans.

You say the teams success boils down to GR and him bringing in players, oh how in an ideal world that would be perfect, but, and here''s the crux, to bring in good players you need money, and even Mr D has said the club doesn''t have any.

[quote user="Unlucky Fried Kitten"]I shan''t be forgetting this whole sorry saga any time soon.[/quote]

Me neither, and normally i''m quite a forgiving person.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

If only it were that easy bunny, a lot of fans have been hurt over this latest happening.  Especially the long term fans, no offence to short term fans.

You say the teams success boils down to GR and him bringing in players, oh how in an ideal world that would be perfect, but, and here''s the crux, to bring in good players you need money, and even Mr D has said the club doesn''t have any.

[/quote]I fully apreciate that but:-
  • he hasn''t been complaining about the lack of funds and the likes of Hoolahan and Clingon who were being chased by other clubs still decided to come here and I bet they arn''t on low wages either (not saying they are on astranomical wages)
  • Football clubs go through successful periods, medieocre periods, and poor season. I think we have been through the worst of it and that things are due to get better. Footaball supporters are hurt by their clubs through tough periods ie. Leeds, Leister. But we are all so happy and contenet when things go well which unfortunately they can''t always go well so i think it requires a bit of give a nd take and it is our turn to do some of the taking now!

[quote user="BunnyB"]With all the speculation going on over the last few weeks I think it is time that we all moved on and stopped jumping to rash decisions over who''s fault it is that the deal broke down. Lets face it none of us know 100% for sure what actually happened in the events leading up to the meeting and what actually happened in the meeting. But unfortunately the deal could not be done FACT and it by the sounds of it hasn''t now got a hope of ever happening. I do think though that all of this Delia Out campain is a bit unjust and i can appreciate where you are comming from because a day ago I agreed and I regret some of the things I posted on here because I think we all wanted this deal to happen so desperately when it didn''t we needed someone to lash out at. Our club is not going to move forward unless the fans are 100% behind the club which even though we may not like it includes the people on a the board and the team.

I also think that any talk or even plans for a protest or petition should be carefully considered because the damage that could cause could be far greater than the believed benafits. Who would you like to come and replace Delia for example, I don''t think you can blame her for not wanting to hand over the club for nothing, thats a bit like some saying as I believe another poster posted letting someone have your house on the condition they put an extension on it and put in a swankey new kichen. The teams success this season boils down to Roeder and his ability to bring in players, I havn''t heard him complain about his budget and he has bought in some decent players so far so I personaly am going to forget this buissness ever happened because apart from a select few no one was complaining before this news was brought to us thanks to our friends at Archant. So I look forward with anticipation to see what players Roeder manages to bring in and the start of the new season!

P.s. hope my spelling and punctuation is better this time.
[/quote]

We are in a worst position now than when we were in the cluches of Chase, get rid of the lot of them

sack the whole lot of them