Sign in to follow this  
Youre wrong

Another day, another reason to be grim. What is it that Delia has done that riles you so much?

We have had a summer of mirkage, Hucks leaves which in turn leaves us legendless, 3 signings only - needing another 6 or 7, rumours are golddust (genuine ones), a glittering ticket to fortune turns out not to be gold. But what makes me the most depressed and sad is my fellow fans, those who I celebrate and commiserate with on matchdays are turning on the club. I make a round trip leaving at 10 am and returning at 10 pm on matchdays on me own yet it''s what I work all week for and is the main joy in my life. I also travel around the country to approx 50% of away games too, not looking for a medal just trying to paint a picture of the financial and emotional time I put into this love of mine and whether or not I''m the idiot for supporting the club and supporting the way it''s currently run.

I cannot for the life of me see why all these hate mongers are turning the knife in numbers. It would be ok if it was only the moronic cyber geeks who''s last game was Bayern Munich at home. However some of you are intelligent match attending fellow supporters who I have a lot of affection for. I want to be convinced as I just can''t for the life of me work ot why all the hatered for a genuine supporter of our fine football club is treated this way. I confess I adore Delia and have the following thoughts on her:

1. Whilst I agree that the saviour of our club mis-represents reality however she along with others have stabilised our club from the dark depths of crook-dem and calamitous mis handelling of our club

2. She does have the best interest of the club at heart

3. She is a nice genuine warm person from both meeting with her and her public persona

4. She has helped turn our club into an established landmark of the city

5. She has made the ground a great place to eat and adds extra enjoyment to matchdays

6. She has helped to make the club reach it''s capacity season after season

7. She has kept season ticket prices affordable

8. She has been a positive figurehead for publicity (minus the infamous half tme monstrosity)

9. She has coughed up serious amounts of money (in correlation to her wealth)

10. Regardless of the doom and gloom of summer 2008 I can''t wait for the 1st day back at CR, regardless of how much stirling worth of talent lines up.

Can one of you who fits that latter ''intelligent'' catogory answer me the following simple question:

1. What is it that Delia has done that riles you so much? and think carefully as only answers that cannot be questioned are needed here.

Can someone put an artgument together that would maybe make some of us that still think Delia and the board are doing a good job sit and think otherwise for second? And please well thought out arguments only other than she''s a cook and that''s what women are for.

All of that will make us the greatest team in Leugue 1.

But none of it will get us one iota closer to the Prem.

[quote user="Crazy Joe Divola"]

Can someone put an artgument together that would maybe make some of us that still think Delia and the board are doing a good job sit and think otherwise for second? And please well thought out arguments only other than she''s a cook and that''s what women are for.

[/quote]

How fitting that your avatar is a clown.

Have a read of this...
http://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1306666/ShowPost.aspx

[quote user="ricardo"]

[/quote]

And I agree somewhat that Delia and co have not got the financial clout to make us an established prem team however is that a reason to hate her? Spit bile at her? Cullums offer aside there isn''t a line up of wealthy business people to pump money into our club. We have what we have, surely we need to just get behind the team and be staisfied with our lot?

What would happen tomorrow if Delia and Michael sell up to a Marcus Evans type enigma, I for one would be extremly worried and upset.

1. Whilst I agree that the saviour of our club mis-represents reality however she along with others have stabilised our club from the dark depths of crook-dem and calamitous mis handelling of our club

This to me is a fair point but history cannot be used as proof of a good future.  All good things come to an end or go sour.

Yes I agree, but maybe to the point where it is now obstructing its progress.

3. She is a nice genuine warm person from both meeting with her and her public persona

In your opinion.  This to be fair is fluffy nonsense that has nothing to do with the clubs success on the pitch.

In a growing city, and with the investment of an OUTSIDER to bring in Huckerby we managed to increase our fanbase.  Nothing to do with Delia or affordable ticket prices.  I would suggest that if we had taken our chance in the Premiership then we could have doubled prices and still filled the place.  And if not there would have been thousands of casuals willing to pay top dollar to get in to watch good football.  Something they cannot do because of the high allocation of low priced season tickets and the poor quality football. 

5. She has made the ground a great place to eat and adds extra enjoyment to matchdays

Well thats ok then, but I would rather miss out on a nice pie and see the team perform well personally.

If you mean capacity in the ground see point 4, if you mean capacity on the pitch then you really are the clown in your avatar.

See point 4.

8. She has been a positive figurehead for publicity (minus the infamous half tme monstrosity)

IN your opinion.  I have mixed with a lot of fans of other clubs over the years due to travelling in my job and my perception is she is seen as a bit of a lightweight joke and that the club is a rather comfy little place that will never reach its potential.  My last conversation on this point was with a Hull fan, so I rest my case on that one.

Initially yes I agree.  But the reality seems to be that she is refusing to sell unless she makes up to a 100% profit on that investment.  Some say thats rising prices etc, I say that in the light of earlier statements about love of the club and not wanting or expecting to get anything out at the end, that her coughing up is going to give her a nice retirement.

10. Regardless of the doom and gloom of summer 2008 I can''t wait for the 1st day back at CR, regardless of how much stirling worth of talent lines up.

Dion, Glenn and Peter Grant have all gone on record to say that NCFC needs to toughen up if it is to achieve.  This post is a perfect example of the prevailing attitude amongst Norwich fans which is turn up, have a cup of tea and a chat and dont complain.  The doom and gloom relates to the atrocious lack of on pitch investment and the real threat of relegation again this season.  So apologies for not sharing your boundless enthusiasm.

Regardless of irrelevant personal opinions about her warmth and other such nonsense, the basic fact is that the club finished last season in a terrible state and has yet to do a SINGLE thing to reassure us that next season will be different.

I agree with Glenn and Dion - this place needs to get nasty, this club needs to stop being seen as a nice little family-orientated, dont rock the boat food-fest and needs to be seen as a fanbase who expect progress and ambiton from the people who lead it.  You I am afraid, with your opinions to me are simply reinforcing the negativity in the current set-up where failure is tolerated. passion is muted and where success is never capitalised on.

We have had a summer of mirkage, Hucks leaves which in turn leaves us legendless, 3 signings only - needing another 6 or 7, rumours are golddust (genuine ones), a glittering ticket to fortune turns out not to be gold. But what makes me the most depressed and sad is my fellow fans, those who I celebrate and commiserate with on matchdays are turning on the club. I make a round trip leaving at 10 am and returning at 10 pm on matchdays on me own yet it''s what I work all week for and is the main joy in my life. I also travel around the country to approx 50% of away games too, not looking for a medal just trying to paint a picture of the financial and emotional time I put into this love of mine and whether or not I''m the idiot for supporting the club and supporting the way it''s currently run.

I cannot for the life of me see why all these hate mongers are turning the knife in numbers. It would be ok if it was only the moronic cyber geeks who''s last game was Bayern Munich at home. However some of you are intelligent match attending fellow supporters who I have a lot of affection for. I want to be convinced as I just can''t for the life of me work ot why all the hatered for a genuine supporter of our fine football club is treated this way. I confess I adore Delia and have the following thoughts on her:

Can one of you who fits that latter ''intelligent'' catogory answer me the following simple question:

1. What is it that Delia has done that riles you so much? and think carefully as only answers that cannot be questioned are needed here.

[/quote]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Crazy Joe Divola"]

[/quote]

How fitting that your avatar is a clown.

Have a read of this...
http://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1306666/ShowPost.aspx
[/quote]

And your''s is a chimp...........

[quote user="Crazy Joe Divola"]We have what we have, surely we need to just get behind the team and be staisfied with our lot?[/quote]If the world was full of people like you, Clownface, we''d never have invented the wheel.

WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE!"Cullums offer aside there isn''t a line up of wealthy business people to pump money into our club"HOW DO WE KNOW THAT????Up until three weeks ago we did not get told about Cullums offer from LAST OCTOBER.What about the other rumours of investors of the past three years, the ''not desirables'' those that did not fit ''the criteria''?How do you know that the club do not regularlarly turn down investment from people who want more thant ot chuck money in for a player?  On the evidence of the Cullum affair I would say only a fool (or a clown) would take that line about no investors as the truth.[quote user="Crazy Joe Divola"][quote user="ricardo"]

[/quote]

And I agree somewhat that Delia and co have not got the financial clout to make us an established prem team however is that a reason to hate her? Spit bile at her? Cullums offer aside there isn''t a line up of wealthy business people to pump money into our club. We have what we have, surely we need to just get behind the team and be staisfied with our lot?

What would happen tomorrow if Delia and Michael sell up to a Marcus Evans type enigma, I for one would be extremly worried and upset.

[/quote]

Hi Joe - agreed the summer hasn''t been one we will look back on with fond memories, but saying that the season was only memorable for escaping relegation - just.

I will try to answer your points about Delia. I am not a fan of her, but certainly not a hater or would wish her any ill.

1 She took on shares bought in the first instance from Geoffrey Watling, so although she helped to stabilise the club, she didn''t save it as such.

2 Not sure about this. I am sure in her own heart and mind she thinks she is doing the right thing, but hard evidence (ie what is happening on the pitch) would suggest not. If the board as a whole have genuinely been inviting investment, then they haven''t been too successful if Peter Cullum is the first serious investor they have talked with. We of course don''t know about any others as none of this has been made public. IF she had the best interests of the club at heart, then surely the talks with P Cullum would still be ongoing. Maybe they are. We must wait and see. I still have the perception from all she''s done in public (including forums and AGMs that really she has her own interests firmly in front of the clubs.

3 I have also met her several times - but have also been present when people I know personally have crossed her and she''s not so warm then. Last AGM a relevant example re her response to Keith Roads.

4 The club was already an established landmark in the city, long before Delia was on the board. Cemented in recent times by our 1992/3 season and subsequent games in Europe.

5 Yes, great restaurants, but surely we should be putting the 90 minutes of football first? Don''t you get more enjoyment out of watching a great game of football rather than a nice burger in Yellows? Delia''s is fine dining and very nice too, but probably not something most fans are going to experience too often.

6 Sure, her marketing team have done good work in building a strong and loyal 20,000 odd season ticket fanbase. But that is due to us, more than Delia. I was a season ticket holder before she was on the board and will be after her departure. The reason is I am a fan of the club, not its personnel.

7 That is mainly due to the club going for direct debit interest free season tickets - in the recent past you paid interest on this facility. Family ticket prices are certainly more affordable.

8 This is where we will remain divided. Delia as a figurehead or icon has made the general population aware of NCFC, but not necessarily just football fans. She has many events happening throughout the year to attract money into the club (and it''s not done her any harm either). We can''t say that someone else wouldn''t attract the same or additional wealth or publicity. Today there is some event going on at the club, not sure what it is, but they are all getting very wet!

The half time rant has and still is haunting the club. She made a mistake, but sadly a very public one, and she hasn''t been forgotten for it either. She has had other public rants (but probably not to such a wide audience). The price she pays for being famous.

9 She has bought shares, loaned money to the club and then converted that money into loans. She will walk away probably no poorer than when she came onto the board. This is the crux of the matter, she hasn''t got enough personal wealth to carry the club any further, hence the investment the board are currently seeking (though without much luck it seems).

10 No, I look forward to the season starting again, but this is not down to Delia being there. Or anyone else on the board. It''s down to the manager (God help him) being able to put out 11 reasonably talented footballers who want to play for the club.

In summary - Delia has done much good for the club, but recently most of her public speeches and decisions have been made in dark times. She has made serious errors in allowing Worthington to stay beyond the club being relegated, the boards'' decision not to have a more ambitious approach to staying in the Premiership to name the two main issues I have with her. None of this is personal, I just think she (and other board members) are actually out of their depth and need help. Both money and financial acumen.

We are in serious debt, the playing side of the club has been in decline for a number of seasons and in reality without serious investment we are not going to achieve anything other than a few more nail biting seasons flirting with relegation. The boards'' job now is to find investment. We can only hope that they can come to some agreement with Cullum that is in the club''s best interest, rather than an individual person''s.

Crazy Joe,

I can''t actually argue against most of your points - I am no hater of Delia and there can be no doubt that she has done many good things for the club

What "riles me" (to use your choice of words) is that for the past three years we have been on a steady decline. Despite the good run last year, the fact is we really only avoided relegation to League 1 by a whisker - we would have been at our lowest ebb since I don''t know when. At this moment in time our squad actually looks weaker than last year and, yes, I know the season hasn''t started yet but I have not seen any genuine links to players that suggest anything other than we will be buying very cheaply or relying on Prem loans which we may or may not get as we will not know until the last minute. This is not ideal preparation for the new season. 

The other thing I find very annoying is the communication from the club. Clearly Delia has been "economical with the truth" regarding potential investment into the club and that, to me, is unacceptable - although she and MWJ are the majority shareholders, there are still 30 odd per cent owned by others who are not on the board and deserve to be told the truth. That is only a single example, there are others of course, particularly the "all incoming transfer money will be made available to the manager" or whatever that statement was. I think Delia''s stewardship of the club has run it''s course but she finds it difficult (maybe impossible) to see that because she genuinely does love the club. Unfortunately I believe that within the club she is surrounded by people who very much like her and, although maybe some can see what is happening, they shy away from telling the unpalatable truth to her.

I would love to see some serious investment into the club and I think we need it before we are talking about us being "too big to be relegated".

Mark .Y.

[/quote]The club really is split down the middle isn''t it. You are obviously 100% behind Delia and what she has done for the club. Whatever anyone says to the contrary you are not going to entertain it are you?

I would say the same to someone who put forward, in such strong terms, a case for Delia being bad for the club. Some have done so in as much detail as you have.

All I would say is that the club is in danger of being torn apart, which none of us wish to see.

You seem to be somewhat smitten with Delia, Crazy Joe. I must confess she''s not bad for her age, but that has no relevance to the fortunes of our great football club and is not a good reason for her continued stranglehold on the club. Is it more important for you that Delia and hubby remain and continue to under invest in the playing squad, instead of seeing that a golden opportunity may have been lost to take our beloved club "onwards and upwards" by having significant funds injected into the playing squad? Personally, I couldn''t care less who is on the board of directors as long as they manage the finances competently, and provide enough funds so that we can compete with the likes of bloody Blackpool and Burnley. Sentiment should not come into it. The club will thrive and continue to be loved by its legions of supporters long after Delia and co have gone.

This to me is a fair point but history cannot be used as proof of a good future.  All good things come to an end or go sour.

true but are really at an end, are the Carrow road walls really crumbling down before our very eyes, is adminstration really knocking down Doncaster''s door. I for one don''t think so.

Yes I agree, but maybe to the point where it is now obstructing its progress.

I believe your reference is to Cullum''s offer on facts that only very few people are privy to currently, if facts come up that catorgorically suggest that the board stopped genuinely good investment for the sake of ego and control, I will be on your side.

In your opinion.  This to be fair is fluffy nonsense that has nothing to do with the clubs success on the pitch.

No I agree but your point is not a reason to vilify someone or start a hate campaign against

In a growing city, and with the investment of an OUTSIDER to bring in Huckerby we managed to increase our fanbase.  Nothing to do with Delia or affordable ticket prices.  I would suggest that if we had taken our chance in the Premiership then we could have doubled prices and still filled the place.  And if not there would have been thousands of casuals willing to pay top dollar to get in to watch good football.  Something they cannot do because of the high allocation of low priced season tickets and the poor quality football. 

Are you suggesting that Delia has done nothing to establish our football club as part of the Norfolk community?

Well thats ok then, but I would rather miss out on a nice pie and see the team perform well personally.

Not saying good food substitutes good football, just saying it''s a perk of our club on match days

If you mean capacity in the ground see point 4, if you mean capacity on the pitch then you really are the clown in your avatar.

Stadium on matchdays

See point 4.

IN your opinion.  I have mixed with a lot of fans of other clubs over the years due to travelling in my job and my perception is she is seen as a bit of a lightweight joke and that the club is a rather comfy little place that will never reach its potential.  My last conversation on this point was with a Hull fan, so I rest my case on that one.

So have I and have had mixed opinons and some of the opinons do add to some city fans annoyance as we are see as a bit of a ''quirky'' club run by a kooky celebrity cook. However one of the reasons Glenn was so keen to come to our football club was Delia and her still in place was a prerequisite of him coming to us due to tyrants he had worked under previously at WHU and Newcastle.

Initially yes I agree.  But the reality seems to be that she is refusing to sell unless she makes up to a 100% profit on that investment.  Some say thats rising prices etc, I say that in the light of earlier statements about love of the club and not wanting or expecting to get anything out at the end, that her coughing up is going to give her a nice retirement.

Delia is not after 100% profit on her shares, where are these facts that suggest this? The quotes of share prices were the cost of the share prices in which were established by the club for all share holders

Dion, Glenn and Peter Grant have all gone on record to say that NCFC needs to toughen up if it is to achieve.  This post is a perfect example of the prevailing attitude amongst Norwich fans which is turn up, have a cup of tea and a chat and dont complain.  The doom and gloom relates to the atrocious lack of on pitch investment and the real threat of relegation again this season.  So apologies for not sharing your boundless enthusiasm.

I just love watching my football team, is that a crime? I''m starting to get that feeling.

Regardless of irrelevant personal opinions about her warmth and other such nonsense, the basic fact is that the club finished last season in a terrible state and has yet to do a SINGLE thing to reassure us that next season will be different.

agreed on point 1, disagree on point 2, we have Glenn a good manager as opposed to Grant who was out of his depth.

I agree with Glenn and Dion - this place needs to get nasty, this club needs to stop being seen as a nice little family-orientated, dont rock the boat food-fest and needs to be seen as a fanbase who expect progress and ambiton from the people who lead it.  You I am afraid, with your opinions to me are simply reinforcing the negativity in the current set-up where failure is tolerated. passion is muted and where success is never capitalised on.

So you want us to be the new Millwall?

[/quote]Brilliant, clownface, just brilliant.  The person posting asks for a bit of ambition, a team to be proud of and an end to the toleration of mediocrity.  Your "Millwall" response is laughable.  We want a competitive team who have the ability to challenge for honours.  What we have, under this current shower, is a squad of eighteen professional footballers.Now, Joe, you might like having your pie and enjoying the facilities, but I''m sure you''d like to see the team win more than they do... or does the actual match itself not bother you?

[/quote]

Brilliant, clownface, just brilliant.  The person posting asks for a bit of ambition, a team to be proud of and an end to the toleration of mediocrity.  Your "Millwall" response is laughable.  We want a competitive team who have the ability to challenge for honours.  What we have, under this current shower, is a squad of eighteen professional footballers.

Now, Joe, you might like having your pie and enjoying the facilities, but I''m sure you''d like to see the team win more than they do... or does the actual match itself not bother you?

[/quote]

Chimp boy so who takes over? would you be happy with say Risdale being our new owner tomorrow, if he cleared the debt and brought the club on it''s current valuation? or do you just want a rich norwich supporting businessman who will pump millions to get us to the top of the premiership, as they are few and far between. Again everything that glitters is not always gold

[quote user="Crazy Joe Divola"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Crazy Joe Divola"]

[/quote]Brilliant, clownface, just brilliant.  The person posting asks for a bit of ambition, a team to be proud of and an end to the toleration of mediocrity.  Your "Millwall" response is laughable.  We want a competitive team who have the ability to challenge for honours.  What we have, under this current shower, is a squad of eighteen professional footballers.Now, Joe, you might like having your pie and enjoying the facilities, but I''m sure you''d like to see the team win more than they do... or does the actual match itself not bother you?

[/quote]

Chimp boy so who takes over? would you be happy with say Risdale being our new owner tomorrow, if he cleared the debt and brought the club on it''s current valuation? or do you just want a rich norwich supporting businessman who will pump millions to get us to the top of the premiership, as they are few and far between. Again everything that glitters is not always gold

[/quote]Interesting, Crazy Joe.  Are you saying that for us to be competitive as a football team, we need to have a change of owner?

Re: Another day, another reason to be grim. What is it that Delia has done that riles you so much?

Personally? Well, apart from overstaying her welcome.....I do think, that she''s a bit of a control freak.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Hi Joe - agreed the summer hasn''t been one we will look back on with fond memories, but saying that the season was only memorable for escaping relegation - just. I will try to answer your points about Delia. I am not a fan of her, but certainly not a hater or would wish her any ill. 1 She took on shares bought in the first instance from Geoffrey Watling, so although she helped to stabilise the club, she didn''t save it as such. 2 Not sure about this. I am sure in her own heart and mind she thinks she is doing the right thing, but hard evidence (ie what is happening on the pitch) would suggest not. If the board as a whole have genuinely been inviting investment, then they haven''t been too successful if Peter Cullum is the first serious investor they have talked with. We of course don''t know about any others as none of this has been made public. IF she had the best interests of the club at heart, then surely the talks with P Cullum would still be ongoing. Maybe they are. We must wait and see. I still have the perception from all she''s done in public (including forums and AGMs that really she has her own interests firmly in front of the clubs. 3 I have also met her several times - but have also been present when people I know personally have crossed her and she''s not so warm then. Last AGM a relevant example re her response to Keith Roads. 4 The club was already an established landmark in the city, long before Delia was on the board. Cemented in recent times by our 1992/3 season and subsequent games in Europe. 5 Yes, great restaurants, but surely we should be putting the 90 minutes of football first? Don''t you get more enjoyment out of watching a great game of football rather than a nice burger in Yellows? Delia''s is fine dining and very nice too, but probably not something most fans are going to experience too often. 6 Sure, her marketing team have done good work in building a strong and loyal 20,000 odd season ticket fanbase. But that is due to us, more than Delia. I was a season ticket holder before she was on the board and will be after her departure. The reason is I am a fan of the club, not its personnel. 7 That is mainly due to the club going for direct debit interest free season tickets - in the recent past you paid interest on this facility. Family ticket prices are certainly more affordable. 8 This is where we will remain divided. Delia as a figurehead or icon has made the general population aware of NCFC, but not necessarily just football fans. She has many events happening throughout the year to attract money into the club (and it''s not done her any harm either). We can''t say that someone else wouldn''t attract the same or additional wealth or publicity. Today there is some event going on at the club, not sure what it is, but they are all getting very wet! The half time rant has and still is haunting the club. She made a mistake, but sadly a very public one, and she hasn''t been forgotten for it either. She has had other public rants (but probably not to such a wide audience). The price she pays for being famous. 9 She has bought shares, loaned money to the club and then converted that money into loans. She will walk away probably no poorer than when she came onto the board. This is the crux of the matter, she hasn''t got enough personal wealth to carry the club any further, hence the investment the board are currently seeking (though without much luck it seems). 10 No, I look forward to the season starting again, but this is not down to Delia being there. Or anyone else on the board. It''s down to the manager (God help him) being able to put out 11 reasonably talented footballers who want to play for the club. In summary - Delia has done much good for the club, but recently most of her public speeches and decisions have been made in dark times. She has made serious errors in allowing Worthington to stay beyond the club being relegated, the boards'' decision not to have a more ambitious approach to staying in the Premiership to name the two main issues I have with her. None of this is personal, I just think she (and other board members) are actually out of their depth and need help. Both money and financial acumen. We are in serious debt, the playing side of the club has been in decline for a number of seasons and in reality without serious investment we are not going to achieve anything other than a few more nail biting seasons flirting with relegation. The boards'' job now is to find investment. We can only hope that they can come to some agreement with Cullum that is in the club''s best interest, rather than an individual person''s.[/quote]

Hi Gazza, I agree with some but not all of what you say and there is a fine line between what the pro board and anti board, on the whole, are saying. We all want the same thing including Delia and co and that is a successful team that can make us put 2 fingers up at our in bred cousins down the road. However we just have different beliefs on how to get there and best practice for running a football club. My main gripe is the way Delia is portrayed as a money grabbing scum fan with no interest in getting Norwich back to where Norwich belongs, this is unfair. We may even end up with a scenario with no Delia, no Cullum and hey maybe if it all goes belly up a MK dons situation. Maybe I do play it safe with my opinons and maybe I''m scared to want a change at the top but I just can''t not remember what it was like 13 years ago when Martin O'' Neil left us (after all that had gone on before) and we were in a very dark and horrible place. I have never since then felt that dark about Norwich City football club.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

Re: Another day, another reason to be grim. What is it that Delia has done that riles you so much?

Personally? Well, apart from overstaying her welcome.....I do think, that she''s a bit of a control freak.

[/quote]

But what is a viable alternative? Cullum aside and I think if  people see past the dollar signs, that the deal on the table was perhaps not as viable as quoted in the press. Yes we need investment and yes we need someone to push us on but we need to be extremely careful who that person is. Cullum would have been ideal but it hasn''t yet happened for reasons we all know about. If we look at the Championship who would you swap the current board for? anyone or just the QPR board?

[/quote]

Brilliant, clownface, just brilliant.  The person posting asks for a bit of ambition, a team to be proud of and an end to the toleration of mediocrity.  Your "Millwall" response is laughable.  We want a competitive team who have the ability to challenge for honours.  What we have, under this current shower, is a squad of eighteen professional footballers.

Now, Joe, you might like having your pie and enjoying the facilities, but I''m sure you''d like to see the team win more than they do... or does the actual match itself not bother you?

[/quote]

Agreed Chops, this statement is laughable. I thought I had seen it all, but this takes it to a new level, and if this view is representative of all the "Delia lovers" then God help us. This sort of view boils down to one thing, and it''s been noticeable for so many years now, mainly since "mummy Delia" came in at the club: quite simply, you''re afraid of change. That''s all there is to it. What is it about some Norwich fans that gives them this mentality? The only reason you don''t want new investment is because Delia will mother the club, you''re quite happy to see us plodding along 12th-18th in the second tier as long as you can have your nice cup of tea, pie and a splendid day out.

Christ.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Crazy Joe Divola"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Agreed Chops, this statement is laughable. I thought I had seen it all, but this takes it to a new level, and if this view is representative of all the "Delia lovers" then God help us. This sort of view boils down to one thing, and it''s been noticeable for so many years now, mainly since "mummy Delia" came in at the club: quite simply, you''re afraid of change. That''s all there is to it. What is it about some Norwich fans that gives them this mentality? The only reason you don''t want new investment is because Delia will mother the club, you''re quite happy to see us plodding along 12th-18th in the second tier as long as you can have your nice cup of tea, pie and a splendid day out.

Christ.

[/quote]

So how would you describe a nasty non family orientated club, one word, Millwall. I think the chill in Preston has frozen your brain. I''ve admitted to being nervous of change because in football you have to be extremly careful in what you wish for ask Ipswich fans in a couple of years time whne it goes wrong under Evans'' leadership which I''m confident it will.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Crazy Joe Divola"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Crazy Joe Divola"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Interesting, Crazy Joe.  Are you saying that for us to be competitive as a football team, we need to have a change of owner?[/quote]Still waiting...

You mean when O''Neil left a team challenging at the top of the table rather than now when Grant was shown to be an imbecile and Roeder has virtually no money to avoid the drop with?Yes they were dark days... [quote user="Crazy Joe Divola"]

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Hi Joe - agreed the summer hasn''t been one we will look back on with fond memories, but saying that the season was only memorable for escaping relegation - just. I will try to answer your points about Delia. I am not a fan of her, but certainly not a hater or would wish her any ill. 1 She took on shares bought in the first instance from Geoffrey Watling, so although she helped to stabilise the club, she didn''t save it as such. 2 Not sure about this. I am sure in her own heart and mind she thinks she is doing the right thing, but hard evidence (ie what is happening on the pitch) would suggest not. If the board as a whole have genuinely been inviting investment, then they haven''t been too successful if Peter Cullum is the first serious investor they have talked with. We of course don''t know about any others as none of this has been made public. IF she had the best interests of the club at heart, then surely the talks with P Cullum would still be ongoing. Maybe they are. We must wait and see. I still have the perception from all she''s done in public (including forums and AGMs that really she has her own interests firmly in front of the clubs. 3 I have also met her several times - but have also been present when people I know personally have crossed her and she''s not so warm then. Last AGM a relevant example re her response to Keith Roads. 4 The club was already an established landmark in the city, long before Delia was on the board. Cemented in recent times by our 1992/3 season and subsequent games in Europe. 5 Yes, great restaurants, but surely we should be putting the 90 minutes of football first? Don''t you get more enjoyment out of watching a great game of football rather than a nice burger in Yellows? Delia''s is fine dining and very nice too, but probably not something most fans are going to experience too often. 6 Sure, her marketing team have done good work in building a strong and loyal 20,000 odd season ticket fanbase. But that is due to us, more than Delia. I was a season ticket holder before she was on the board and will be after her departure. The reason is I am a fan of the club, not its personnel. 7 That is mainly due to the club going for direct debit interest free season tickets - in the recent past you paid interest on this facility. Family ticket prices are certainly more affordable. 8 This is where we will remain divided. Delia as a figurehead or icon has made the general population aware of NCFC, but not necessarily just football fans. She has many events happening throughout the year to attract money into the club (and it''s not done her any harm either). We can''t say that someone else wouldn''t attract the same or additional wealth or publicity. Today there is some event going on at the club, not sure what it is, but they are all getting very wet! The half time rant has and still is haunting the club. She made a mistake, but sadly a very public one, and she hasn''t been forgotten for it either. She has had other public rants (but probably not to such a wide audience). The price she pays for being famous. 9 She has bought shares, loaned money to the club and then converted that money into loans. She will walk away probably no poorer than when she came onto the board. This is the crux of the matter, she hasn''t got enough personal wealth to carry the club any further, hence the investment the board are currently seeking (though without much luck it seems). 10 No, I look forward to the season starting again, but this is not down to Delia being there. Or anyone else on the board. It''s down to the manager (God help him) being able to put out 11 reasonably talented footballers who want to play for the club. In summary - Delia has done much good for the club, but recently most of her public speeches and decisions have been made in dark times. She has made serious errors in allowing Worthington to stay beyond the club being relegated, the boards'' decision not to have a more ambitious approach to staying in the Premiership to name the two main issues I have with her. None of this is personal, I just think she (and other board members) are actually out of their depth and need help. Both money and financial acumen. We are in serious debt, the playing side of the club has been in decline for a number of seasons and in reality without serious investment we are not going to achieve anything other than a few more nail biting seasons flirting with relegation. The boards'' job now is to find investment. We can only hope that they can come to some agreement with Cullum that is in the club''s best interest, rather than an individual person''s.[/quote]

Hi Gazza, I agree with some but not all of what you say and there is a fine line between what the pro board and anti board, on the whole, are saying. We all want the same thing including Delia and co and that is a successful team that can make us put 2 fingers up at our in bred cousins down the road. However we just have different beliefs on how to get there and best practice for running a football club. My main gripe is the way Delia is portrayed as a money grabbing scum fan with no interest in getting Norwich back to where Norwich belongs, this is unfair. We may even end up with a scenario with no Delia, no Cullum and hey maybe if it all goes belly up a MK dons situation. Maybe I do play it safe with my opinons and maybe I''m scared to want a change at the top but I just can''t not remember what it was like 13 years ago when Martin O'' Neil left us (after all that had gone on before) and we were in a very dark and horrible place. I have never since then felt that dark about Norwich City football club.

[/quote]

[quote user="Crazy Joe Divola"][quote user="alex_ncfc"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Crazy Joe Divola"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Christ.

[/quote]

So how would you describe a nasty non family orientated club, one word, Millwall. I think the chill in Preston has frozen your brain. I''ve admitted to being nervous of change because in football you have to be extremly careful in what you wish for ask Ipswich fans in a couple of years time whne it goes wrong under Evans'' leadership which I''m confident it will.

[/quote]

But you have to ask yourself WHO wants a nice family orientated club? Yes there is a line, and maybe Millwall back in the day (and now, I don''t know) crossed it, but we are TOO MUCH a family orientated club, a similar line which we have crossed. Everything''s all nice and cosey, but never mind if the football team is sh*t because we don''t care about that. It''s got to the stage where it''s become SO family orientated that people are afraid to ask for change and just accept whatever absolute sh*t they are served up. I''m not saying become a Millwall or whatever, but we deserve better FFS!

I would think if we want to be established and competitive in the Premiership we certainly need a change of owner. We would need an owner of Abramovich proportions to get back to where we were in 1993. To be competitive in this league we need the right football manager. We may have him, time will tell. But surely nobody could argue that more money wouldn''t help.

I reckon we would be a wealthy club in league 1 next season [;)][:D]

I don''t think things will get that bad for us this season again, but I know it could happen.

[/quote]

Although i applaud you for your fanatical support Clown,i do think you should really think about getting a life!

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Crazy Joe Divola"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Crazy Joe Divola"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Interesting, Crazy Joe.  Are you saying that for us to be competitive as a football team, we need to have a change of owner?

[/quote]

Still waiting...
[/quote]

For us to have a better chance of success we need fresh investment and fresh ideas, but I also believe we can be in a lot less competitive position if we sell to the wrong person.

[quote user="Crazy Joe Divola"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

But what is a viable alternative? Cullum aside and I think if  people see past the dollar signs, that the deal on the table was perhaps not as viable as quoted in the press. Yes we need investment and yes we need someone to push us on but we need to be extremely careful who that person is. Cullum would have been ideal but it hasn''t yet happened for reasons we all know about. If we look at the Championship who would you swap the current board for? anyone or just the QPR board?

[/quote]

Will we ever find ''a viable alternative''?......Are the board actually ''seeking a viable alternative''? I quite honestly think that our board don''t really want a ''viable alternative''. I don''t actually care what you or other folk say regarding our ''present'' board of Directionless. My personal opinion is based what I see and hear with my personal aural and visual senses, of which I decide and base my opinion on. I see mediocrity, acceptance and complete tolerance of where and what we are, from not only the board, but many supporters that aren''t particularly bothered what''s on offer at NCFC. Whether it''s an under-performing squad, the ''match-day'' experience, or something to do on a Saturday.

Questioning the board, BAD! What about the debt that has grown since their tenure? Not their fault? But hey! Get a new investor in, and we''ll leave by the back-door, and he can carry the can whilst we leave with a smart profit and a clean slate.

If we were ''Millwall'', believe me, there wouldn''t be the ''ho-hum'' attitude at the Den regarding the present situation as it is at Carra. I think our hierarchy, get off pretty damn lightly by the folk in Norfolk.

I shudder to wonder, where another succesful billionaire, who''s actually born in Norfolk, watches games when business allows - and has worn the club shirt competitively.....will come from and ''rescue the club''. It''s not going to happen, let''s be realistic.

Delia, Doncaster and Co, in my eyes - don''t really want ''viable alternative'' and aren''t actively seeking ''outside investment''.

If we''d been relegated ? Maybe....