Sign in to follow this  
The Voice of the Thorpe Area

What a bunch of fickle fans

"I think he made it pretty clear 20 million was TEAM investment cash AND he wanted control - which he knew would mean buying out Smith on top of the 20 million."

JC, i don''t think he made that clear at all - I wish he had - this whole episode would be rather different if so.

Its..not..badger from Delia online is it???  Oh bless you for popping over.  Sit down and I will get you some tea and cake.  Did the nasty wizard touch you..?[quote user="Badger"]

How is it possible not to?

You clearly have a very slim grasp of the issues.

[/quote]

[quote user="The Voice of the Thorpe Area"][quote user="JC"]
Dont patronise me.  I can see both sides of this and clearly understand ALL the possible scenarios - something you clearly do not.

[quote user="The Voice of the Thorpe Area"]

JC, please, for your own sake, stop living in an anti-Delia fantasy world.

Cullum quite clearly didn''t come up with the required money- why else would Delia turn it down? She''s getting on, and probably doesn''t want all this to-do. She only wants a fair return on her investment- quite a substantial investment considering she''s not mega rich. Cullum refused to offer that. That doesn''t make either Cullum or Delia the bad party in all this, it just means that they can'' agree a deal. It''s not like seeling or buying a second hand car you know- it''s a complicated and often drawn-out process, and you along with others need to understand all of this.

[/quote][/quote]

How can you say that you understand all possible scenarios when you have a massive Delia out banner under your post?

[/quote]

How is it possible not to?

You clearly don''t understand. To pretend that you were a seriouscommentator would be patronising as well.

JC wrote the following post at 11/07/2008 11:20 PM:

Dont patronise me.  I can see both sides of this and clearly understand ALL the possible scenarios - something you clearly do not.

"I can see both sides..." says the man with a Delia Out banner.

Just because I have polarised my opinions on this, does not mean I do not see that Cullum might just hasve easili walked in and said, 20 million all in take it or leave it.But I just dont buy that line.  Come on, this is a board who told the world he needed 56 million which is utter, utter rubbish. 

[quote user="The Voice of the Thorpe Area"][quote user="JC"]Dont patronise me.  I can see both sides of this and clearly understand ALL the possible scenarios - something you clearly do not. [quote user="The Voice of the Thorpe Area"]

Cullum quite clearly didn''t come up with the required money- why else would Delia turn it down? She''s getting on, and probably doesn''t want all this to-do. She only wants a fair return on her investment- quite a substantial investment considering she''s not mega rich. Cullum refused to offer that. That doesn''t make either Cullum or Delia the bad party in all this, it just means that they can'' agree a deal. It''s not like seeling or buying a second hand car you know- it''s a complicated and often drawn-out process, and you along with others need to understand all of this.

[/quote][/quote]

How can you say that you understand all possible scenarios when you have a massive Delia out banner under your post?

[/quote]

Delia our avatars and banners? This is actually getting quite ridiculous. What next? We hate Nelson Mandela t-shirts? Winston Churchill replacing Guy Fawkes? People pulling down Nelson''s Column and hitting it with their shoes?

Sorry, but if anyone ever expects Delia and Wyn-Jones to sell up for a fraction of what they''ve invested in the past 10 years, then you need your heads examining. We''re all disappointed that the take-over didn''t happen, but to take this stance shows some of our fans to be very fickle, and have very short memories.

Bring on the abuse from the Delia Outers, see if I care!

[/quote]

Agree totally - as do most fans. Why is it that some people are so happy to spend other people''s money? Suggestion - if you think the Smith''s should sell for peanuts, why not give up half of everything you own and give it as a gift to any charity you care about?

[quote user="JC"]
Just because I have polarised my opinions on this, does not mean I do not see that Cullum might just hasve easili walked in and said, 20 million all in take it or leave it.

But I just dont buy that line.  Come on, this is a board who told the world he needed 56 million which is utter, utter rubbish. 

[/quote][/quote]

[/quote][/quote]

So now your the club accountant? You know the exact figure that Delia should ask for?

You don''t understand every side of the arguement; you have a massive Delia out banner under your posts.

JC wrote the following post at 11/07/2008 11:28 PM:

Just because I have polarised my opinions on this, does not mean I do not see that Cullum might just hasve easili walked in and said, 20 million all in take it or leave it.

But I just dont buy that line.  Come on, this is a board who told the world he needed 56 million which is utter, utter rubbish. 

Well JC it looks like Cullum may just have done that...

http://norwichcity.myfootballwriter.com/full_article.asp?i=3696

"In the end, however, the 57-year-old ''King Of Deals'' was not for budging. His £20 million offer remained of the take it or leave it variety - exactly as it was when he made his initial approach last autumn when the Canaries were staring League One football in the face last October."

[quote user="Badger"][quote user="The Voice of the Thorpe Area"]

Delia our avatars and banners? This is actually getting quite ridiculous. What next? We hate Nelson Mandela t-shirts? Winston Churchill replacing Guy Fawkes? People pulling down Nelson''s Column and hitting it with their shoes?

Sorry, but if anyone ever expects Delia and Wyn-Jones to sell up for a fraction of what they''ve invested in the past 10 years, then you need your heads examining. We''re all disappointed that the take-over didn''t happen, but to take this stance shows some of our fans to be very fickle, and have very short memories.

[/quote]

Agree totally - as do most fans. Why is it that some people are so happy to spend other people''s money? Suggestion - if you think the Smith''s should sell for peanuts, why not give up half of everything you own and give it as a gift to any charity you care about?

[/quote]

lol bring on the abuse, blimey is that a war cry?  I''m sorry but each of us has opinions, and none will budge on how they feel.

Us fans are passionate about our club, and with that passion comes high emotions for a lot of people.  I don''t believe I have ever been abusive to anyone for having differing views to my own, but that''s just me.

You may be calm, cool and collected that we have hardly any money, a paper thin squad, and could possibly be staring relegation in the face again this season.  I for one aren''t as cool, calm and collected as I was a week ago.

Any balanced person will look at what either side has to say, but, and here''s the thing, who is to say who is right or wrong, and who the hell are people calling NC fans names like binners and fickle fans because fans have differing views, and some of us don''t support the board.  It''s the sort of childish things kids do in the playground, grow up for gods sake.  Debate is healthy, and whilst my opinions differ from yours it doesnt make me any less of a fan after 20 years supporting NCFC than anyone else.

So in your ignorant little world I cannot possibly see both sides of a discussio even if i have a personal opinion?  I accept he may have taken the piss.  But you wont accept that maybe he did not.

[quote user="The Voice of the Thorpe Area"][quote user="JC"]Just because I have polarised my opinions on this, does not mean I do not see that Cullum might just hasve easili walked in and said, 20 million all in take it or leave it.But I just dont buy that line.  Come on, this is a board who told the world he needed 56 million which is utter, utter rubbish. 

[quote user="The Voice of the Thorpe Area"][quote user="JC"]Dont patronise me.  I can see both sides of this and clearly understand ALL the possible scenarios - something you clearly do not. [quote user="The Voice of the Thorpe Area"]

[/quote][/quote]

[/quote][/quote]

So now your the club accountant? You know the exact figure that Delia should ask for?

You don''t understand every side of the arguement; you have a massive Delia out banner under your posts.

[/quote]

I''m not going to abuse you. You have your opinions and we have ours, difference is I am respecting yours.

What it actually says is that it came down to control. 

[quote user="mozzer"]

JC wrote the following post at 11/07/2008 11:28 PM:

Just because I have polarised my opinions on this, does not mean I do not see that Cullum might just hasve easili walked in and said, 20 million all in take it or leave it.But I just dont buy that line.  Come on, this is a board who told the world he needed 56 million which is utter, utter rubbish.  Well JC it looks like Cullum may just have done that...

http://norwichcity.myfootballwriter.com/full_article.asp?i=3696

"In the end, however, the 57-year-old ''King Of Deals'' was not for budging. His £20 million offer remained of the take it or leave it variety - exactly as it was when he made his initial approach last autumn when the Canaries were staring League One football in the face last October."

[/quote]

[quote user="JC"]I am SO bored of responding to this type of nonsense!  Voice of the thorpe area (my god how sad is that) tell us all how you know what Cullum offerred Delia? Were you hiding behind a door?  Or are you speculating.  How do you know he did not offer to buy her out totally AND put 20 million in and she simply said ''no''....?

[/quote][/quote]No he was hanging out of her arse!

[quote user="JC"]

[/quote][/quote]

[/quote][/quote]

It is £56m though if you look at the numbers.  Or £36m without any money for the team.  Or £40m if the debt can be refinanced.

Why do you think that everyone who has pumped in cash should walk away with nothing.  The Turners, the Smiths and Foulger all deserve to get their investments back.  They shouldnt be expected to make a loss. No way.

People either don''t realise, or are choosing to ignore the fact that Cullum has made his millions by buying failing companies on the cheap and turning them around.  News flash everyone, NCFC is not a failing company.  It is actually a reasonably successful business.  OK the playing side of things has been crap for 3 seasons now, but with Roeder at the helm that is being addressed.

Why do you think Cullum has splashed this all over the press.  £20m looks great to the majority of you who lack the brain cells to look past the offer for what it is.  Cullums sole intention with this was to stir up the biggest hornets nest he could, the fans.  And he has played it like a dream.  Delia''s position will soon become untenable and she will have no choice but to railroad it out of town with her tail between her legs and the smallest offer on the table.

Now while I would be truly delighted with a new billionaire owner I think the above scenario is unbelievably harsh on a truly nice woman, who has the clubs best intentions at heart and who really does care.  A lot.

The failings of the footballing side of things are obvious.  But Delia isnt the only link in that chain.  If anything she is probably the smallest link.  She deserves a bit more respect.

[/quote]

Voice of the thorpe area? The thorpe area doesn''t have a voice does it? I thought it was just a bunch of mutes sitting on their hands? My mistake!