Sign in to follow this  
The Voice of the Thorpe Area

What a bunch of fickle fans

Delia our avatars and banners? This is actually getting quite ridiculous. What next? We hate Nelson Mandela t-shirts? Winston Churchill replacing Guy Fawkes? People pulling down Nelson''s Column and hitting it with their shoes?

Sorry, but if anyone ever expects Delia and Wyn-Jones to sell up for a fraction of what they''ve invested in the past 10 years, then you need your heads examining. We''re all disappointed that the take-over didn''t happen, but to take this stance shows some of our fans to be very fickle, and have very short memories.

Bring on the abuse from the Delia Outers, see if I care!

[quote user="The Voice of the Thorpe Area"]

Delia our avatars and banners? This is actually getting quite ridiculous. What next? We hate Nelson Mandela t-shirts? Winston Churchill replacing Guy Fawkes? People pulling down Nelson''s Column and hitting it with their shoes?

Sorry, but if anyone ever expects Delia and Wyn-Jones to sell up for a fraction of what they''ve invested in the past 10 years, then you need your heads examining. We''re all disappointed that the take-over didn''t happen, but to take this stance shows some of our fans to be very fickle, and have very short memories.

[/quote]

Well said.  Why should we expect our support to automatically translate into a well-run and funded club?

[quote user="Robert Mugabe"][quote user="The Voice of the Thorpe Area"]

[/quote]

Well said.  Why should we expect our support to automatically translate into a well-run and funded club?

[/quote]

I think that''s enough now, "Robert".

It''s all very sad - Cullum has acheived only one thing; dividing Norwich fans. The under 5''s are posting on Delia''s site, fans are completly split, what''s next? fighting amongst ourselves in the ground should we go a goal behind.

Any Ipshit fans looking in at the forums most be pissing themselves...

[quote user="mozzer"]

It''s all very sad - Cullum has acheived only one thing; dividing Norwich fans. The under 5''s are posting on Delia''s site, fans are completly split, what''s next? fighting amongst ourselves in the ground should we go a goal behind.

[/quote] No we are not. Well not the adult ones. There is nothing better than healthy rivalry.

I am SO bored of responding to this type of nonsense!  Voice of the thorpe area (my god how sad is that) tell us all how you know what Cullum offerred Delia? Were you hiding behind a door?  Or are you speculating.  How do you know he did not offer to buy her out totally AND put 20 million in and she simply said ''no''....?

[/quote]

Why is any of it sad?   Millions in investment is potentially gone for a reason we don''t yet know and we have signed two players when we need ten.  Are you happy with the way its going?And then you ruin your arguement by resorting to swearing on a public forum.Oh dear.[quote user="mozzer"]

[/quote]

JC wrote the following post at 11/07/2008 10:49 PM:

I am SO bored of responding to this type of nonsense!  Voice of the thorpe area (my god how sad is that) tell us all how you know what Cullum offerred Delia? Were you hiding behind a door?  Or are you speculating.  How do you know he did not offer to buy her out totally AND put 20 million in and she simply said ''no''....?

The Voice of the Thorpe Area wrote:

JC - truth is none of us know, but you (as have some others) have decided to hold Delia to blame. If we take the EDP stories (do we have anything else) Cullum has offered the club £20m BUT in return wants the club; he can give the club £20m tonight for GR to spend no problem, he could also buy the club tonight at the advertised price - well within his price range.

[quote user="JC"]I am SO bored of responding to this type of nonsense!  Voice of the thorpe area (my god how sad is that) tell us all how you know what Cullum offerred Delia? Were you hiding behind a door?  Or are you speculating.  How do you know he did not offer to buy her out totally AND put 20 million in and she simply said ''no''....?

[/quote][/quote]

I''m geting bored responding to crap too, but you imply that you do know what was offered. Do you, or are you just speculating?

[quote user="Robert Mugabe"][quote user="The Voice of the Thorpe Area"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Our club is well run, and with the debt under reasonable control well funded to a point.  I am as gutted as the next man we havent got a new billionaire chairman.  But Delia deserves to get her money back, or at least a fair price for what she has got.

Cullum hasnt got to billionaire status by giving away his assets.  Why should Delia, love or loathe her be expected to do the same.

I imply nothing - I am pointing out your argument is as nonsense as any other viewpoint.  I am frankly just sick of the way things have gone at NCFC for the past few seasons and the lack of any substance or passion coming from the board.  I believe that Delia refused to sell at any price personally.  So with that viewpoint I am making the point I want change at the club.

[quote user="woody"][quote user="JC"]I am SO bored of responding to this type of nonsense!  Voice of the thorpe area (my god how sad is that) tell us all how you know what Cullum offerred Delia? Were you hiding behind a door?  Or are you speculating.  How do you know he did not offer to buy her out totally AND put 20 million in and she simply said ''no''....?

[/quote][/quote]

I''m geting bored responding to crap too, but you imply that you do know what was offered. Do you, or are you just speculating?[/quote]

Just imagine if Delia had been offered what she asked for her shares in this meeting they had and turned it down.  How do you feel now?

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"][quote user="Robert Mugabe"][quote user="The Voice of the Thorpe Area"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Our club is well run, and with the debt under reasonable control well funded to a point.  I am as gutted as the next man we havent got a new billionaire chairman.  But Delia deserves to get her money back, or at least a fair price for what she has got.

Cullum hasnt got to billionaire status by giving away his assets.  Why should Delia, love or loathe her be expected to do the same.

[/quote]

jc you don''t know any more than the rest of us i bet your glass is always half empty where is the proof that cullum offered more than the 20 million that we were told about in the edp ?

JC - you accuse pople of speculating and then say "I believe that Delia refused to sell at any price personally." You do not have any evidence for that at all.

JC said - "Just imagine if Delia had been offered what she asked for her shares in this meeting they had and turned it down. "

Now you are going beyond even speculation - that is clearly bonkers!

The big clue was the words ''I believe...''  Its called an opinion and made to make the point that everyone saying Cullum did not come up with the cash actually has no more clue than me as to what happened. 

JC, please, for your own sake, stop living in an anti-Delia fantasy world.

Cullum quite clearly didn''t come up with the required money- why else would Delia turn it down? She''s getting on, and probably doesn''t want all this to-do. She only wants a fair return on her investment- quite a substantial investment considering she''s not mega rich. Cullum refused to offer that. That doesn''t make either Cullum or Delia the bad party in all this, it just means that they can'' agree a deal. It''s not like seeling or buying a second hand car you know- it''s a complicated and often drawn-out process, and you along with others need to understand all of this.

Why is it?Delia and Michael clearly are people who get entrenched.  If they took a decent offer perhaps they would feel like they were grabbing and running?  Perhaps they LOVE the club and now things have come to a head dont want to let go at any cost.  It is a likely as the scenario of Cullum offering 20 million all in. And we all know from the endless discussion that NOBODY could make 20 million sit well with conrol of the club and invest in the team.  So are we to believe that he really offered just that?  I think he made it pretty clear 20 million was TEAM investment cash AND he wanted control - which he knew would mean buying out Smith on top of the 20 million.

[quote user="woody"]JC said - "Just imagine if Delia had been offered what she asked for her shares in this meeting they had and turned it down. "

Now you are going beyond even speculation - that is clearly bonkers![/quote]

Dont patronise me.  I can see both sides of this and clearly understand ALL the possible scenarios - something you clearly do not. [quote user="The Voice of the Thorpe Area"]

Cullum quite clearly didn''t come up with the required money- why else would Delia turn it down? She''s getting on, and probably doesn''t want all this to-do. She only wants a fair return on her investment- quite a substantial investment considering she''s not mega rich. Cullum refused to offer that. That doesn''t make either Cullum or Delia the bad party in all this, it just means that they can'' agree a deal. It''s not like seeling or buying a second hand car you know- it''s a complicated and often drawn-out process, and you along with others need to understand all of this.

[/quote]

[quote user="JC"]
Dont patronise me.  I can see both sides of this and clearly understand ALL the possible scenarios - something you clearly do not.

[/quote][/quote]

How can you say that you understand all possible scenarios when you have a massive Delia out banner under your post?

[quote user="The Voice of the Thorpe Area"][quote user="JC"]Dont patronise me.  I can see both sides of this and clearly understand ALL the possible scenarios - something you clearly do not. [quote user="The Voice of the Thorpe Area"]

[/quote][/quote]

How can you say that you understand all possible scenarios when you have a massive Delia out banner under your post?

[/quote]That''s his opinion and his right to free speech I guess