Sign in to follow this  
Carlos Valderrama

Re: Mark Ellis: A warning for posters!.

Can the web team block his IP address please.  There is no place for that on this forum it is just malicious.

Ellis, if you read this...It is only a forum, a bit of name calling is the worst you are ever going to suffer.  And 9 times out of 10 you will get the chance to shout a few names of your own.

[quote user="Gorleston Jim"]

That must be illegal surely,

The moderators should take action on this as this/their forum is being used as a vehicle for such behaviour !

[/quote]

Thank God for McAfee''s Jim.

In all my years on here I''ve never known this before.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"]

Ellis must be some sad prat and that comes from someone who should know LOL.

Seriously though ban him!

[/quote]

For those unaware, he actually posts under the username ellis206.

What a grade A tw*t!

I''m sure we can all, despite our differences on here, agree upon the fact that this is just sad.

[quote user="lappinitup"]Hope you''ve had your tetanus wiz!  [;)][/quote]

I know I''m setting myself up here Lapps mate, but it was big prick!.[;)]

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]Sorted.[/quote]

Thanks for that.  I for one would be royally screwed (and in deep poo) if something like that happened to me.  Especially as I use my Laptop for business.  Nasty little pillock.

What a tool-bag... we may argue and bicker on here from time to time, but I certainly don''t hold any grudge against any of you nor would I wish misfortune on anyone or their PCs... let alone try to inflict it myself!Scum... sub-human scum...

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="lappinitup"]Hope you''ve had your tetanus wiz!  [;)][/quote]

I know I''m setting myself up here Lapps mate, but it was big prick!.[;)]

[/quote]

Christ Wiz, sorry to hear you have been targeted by that low life, we may have differing opinions, but I am adult enough to know when to say we have to agree to disagree.  If he sent you an e-mail then just block him from mailing you and let your server do the rest.  Might also be worth finding out who his server is and contact them to let them know he''s e-mailing viruses to people.

[quote user="C.T"]Rest assured when the ''offender'' posts again he will be slaughtered.[/quote]I should imagine he''ll not be returning. Them there moderators will probably make sure of it.

[quote user="Rasputin was a C..."][quote user="C.T"]Rest assured when the ''offender'' posts again he will be slaughtered.[/quote]

I should imagine he''ll not be returning. Them there moderators will probably make sure of it.
[/quote]

I hope you are right Rasputin [:)]

[quote user="Rasputin was a C..."][quote user="C.T"]Rest assured when the ''offender'' posts again he will be slaughtered.[/quote]

I should imagine he''ll not be returning. Them there moderators will probably make sure of it.
[/quote]

Surely it would be easy for him to get away with opening a new account under a new username?

[quote user="Unlucky Fried Kitten"]

[/quote]

Surely it would be easy for him to get away with opening a new account under a new username?

[/quote]

Hmmmm I thought that too.

Pete?

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Unlucky Fried Kitten"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Pete?

[/quote]

Not if his IP address is blocked

Depends what sort of IP address he uses and also anyone can use a proxy to access sites IP blocking means virtually nothing.Are we actually sure it was a virus?  Virus scanners quite often pick up strings in perfectly normal traffic that can match their target string for the virus?

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Unlucky Fried Kitten"]

[quote user="Rasputin was a C..."][quote user="C.T"]Rest assured when the ''offender'' posts again he will be slaughtered.[/quote]I should imagine he''ll not be returning. Them there moderators will probably make sure of it.[/quote]

[/quote]

Pete?

[/quote]

Not if his IP address is blocked

[/quote]

How was he getting access to people''s e-mail addresses anyway because when you e-mail through the forum it gives you an e-mail form and does not show the recipitent''s address?

One of the most common actions of viruses to propogate themselves is to email themselves to everyone in the affected user''s address book, using some subject line which would encourage the reciptient to open an attachment in the message (such as "hey, check this out!" etc) The person Wiz says targeted him in a personal way (him, paranoid?) may not even be aware they have a virus.It''s also very common for the message containing a virus not to originate from the email address it appears to at first glance.Not saying thats what happened in this case, but it''s far more common than actively being targeted of a human. Most virus mailing action is automated and the owner of the machine it''s sent from is unaware.

Oh dear, looks like you''ve vilified another person Wiz.....

If you had a Mac you wouldn''t have to worry about these Windows viruses anyway :)