Sign in to follow this  
Youre wrong

Time for positivity, not a time for cyber geeks flexing their idiotic muscles of bile

I know this board isn''t shy of an idiot or two, who constantly and repetitively feel the need to bash our football club and the way it''s run. However now is the time to be patient and look to the future. We had our worst season last season since Delia and co took over but now is not the time to dwell on that. We have an extremely positive time ahead, a great manager - who is positively changing the way the club is run on the footballing side, getting rid of the staleness and complacency. We have potential investment from more than one investor - 1 of which will change our fortunes forever. You just can''t compare the current set up with those of the demise of the Chase regime or compare the way we were able to compete back then. So much has changed in football that has meant plucky clubs like us, like the scum, like QPR, like West ham(albeit they now have the investment) who sold their best players and somehow managed to replace them on a shoestring and still reach the top end of the top league - those days are long gone. Accept it. The only time you may get a plucky club reaching those heights on a consistent basis is when a manger is so good he starts an era of success slowly and surely such as Curbs at Charlton and ''arry at Pompey. The Delia regime is coming to an end and this has been what we have been waiting for, an investor who can build on what we have and hopefully bring success back to this fine footballing city. I for one just wonder what you doom mongers will have to moan about when we have money, who are you going to oust, who''s going to be the enemy, who''s going to be the hate figure in which you can spit bile at. I fear it will be Glenn when 1 or 2 results don''t go our way. So can you all just shut up for a little while until we need you to jump in front of the firing line when we actually do have a tyrant to oust.

BTW - I''m not a new poster just a new name after a long absence, for fear of losing my sanity on here

[quote user="Crazy Joe Divola"]

I know this board isn''t shy of an idiot or two, who constantly and repetitively feel the need to bash our football club and the way it''s run. However now is the time to be patient and look to the future. We had our worst season last season since Delia and co took over but now is not the time to dwell on that. We have an extremely positive time ahead, a great manager - who is positively changing the way the club is run on the footballing side, getting rid of the staleness and complacency. We have potential investment from more than one investor - 1 of which will change our fortunes forever. You just can''t compare the current set up with those of the demise of the Chase regime or compare the way we were able to compete back then. So much has changed in football that has meant plucky clubs like us, like the scum, like QPR, like West ham(albeit they now have the investment) who sold their best players and somehow managed to replace them on a shoestring and still reach the top end of the top league - those days are long gone. Accept it. The only time you may get a plucky club reaching those heights on a consistent basis is when a manger is so good he starts an era of success slowly and surely such as Curbs at Charlton and ''arry at Pompey. The Delia regime is coming to an end and this has been what we have been waiting for, an investor who can build on what we have and hopefully bring success back to this fine footballing city. I for one just wonder what you doom mongers will have to moan about when we have money, who are you going to oust, who''s going to be the enemy, who''s going to be the hate figure in which you can spit bile at. I fear it will be Glenn when 1 or 2 results don''t go our way. So can you all just shut up for a little while until we need you to jump in front of the firing line when we actually do have a tyrant to oust.

BTW - I''m not a new poster just a new name after a long absence, for fear of losing my sanity on here

[/quote]

Thanks Mr Wynn-Jones, and sorry to moan a bit, I mean we were only going to drop into the thrd tier of English football. Also we will not moan about the fact that we will struggle to get more than two five a side teams together (we could do a third but it would have to be rush goalies).

[quote user="National express super guard"]good post but I''m waiting for the "you''re an idiot" posts!!!! but I agree with you and almost feel optimistic again!!![/quote]Surely "your an idiot" or even "yor n idyut"Other than that, spot on.

[/quote]Was that meant to sound arrogant?

[/quote]

....perfectly respectable post although I must question your "eye fcuk" choice of blue [H] ( glasses on for your reply! )

Is the blue writing supposed to represent the touch paper you''ve just lit?  TAKE COVER my friend, I think you''re about to cop it.

By the way I totally agree with you, well said. Apart from the fact that I don''t think ''arry would be quite so succesful without the large financial backing.  Good to see you back, whoever you were.

What a fantastic post "Crazy Joe". I can never understand why so many people think in this negative way about our club. Or indeed can feel anything but positive about our present situation. Our manager will obviously sign the players we need to challenge for promotion, especially with the new money which is about to be invested.

As you say he is a great manager and no-one can possibly doubt his ability to take us into the top tier. We have made 3 excellent signings so far with the prospect of many more to come. We need to be patient, there are still 30 days left before our first match. He is no doubt working feverishly behind the scenes to bring in new talent. With his connections in football we can expect the best.

These are great times for our club and Hoolahan will be our new idol.

Can''t wait for new season to start.

BE SMART wrote

''Thanks Mr Wynn-Jones, and sorry to moan a bit, I mean we were only going to drop into the thrd tier of English football. Also we will not moan about the fact that we will struggle to get more than two five a side teams together (we could do a third but it would have to be rush goalies).''

You''re exactly the kind of twat he''s talking about. Congratulations.

'' Time for positivity, not a time for cyber geeks flexing their idiotic muscles of bile ''

Problem is, they don''t have muscles to flex outside of this forum...

Great post, by the way. Just goes to show how simple it all is when you look at it plainly.

Expect the inmates to start foaming at the mouth anytime now...

[/quote]

Eh shut up a ya face [:)] great post though

[quote user="Match Day Pie"]

BE SMART wrote

''Thanks Mr Wynn-Jones, and sorry to moan a bit, I mean we were only going to drop into the thrd tier of English football. Also we will not moan about the fact that we will struggle to get more than two five a side teams together (we could do a third but it would have to be rush goalies).''

[/quote]At least "smart" did apologise for moaning. Don''t think he is such a bad negativity person.

'' Time for positivity, not a time for cyber geeks flexing their idiotic muscles of bile ''

Great post, by the way. Just goes to show how simple it all is when you look at it plainly.

[/quote]

Who are these "inmates" and "cyber geeks" foaming at the mouth you are all going on about ? You all seem to be flailing around in the cyber ether with a metaphorical sheet over your heads and a hitting stick in your hands but you''re not making contact with anybody.  Personally, I didn''t rate the post as it''s all been said so many times before. All I''m interested in right now is the delicious prospect of a Cullum takeover and his collaboration with Aviva. This great club of ours has been allowed to bumble along for too long now and IMO the fans have been betrayed by Doncaster and the Board. Delia was good for us once but she''s had her day. Time for fresh blood and real money not paper tigers like the Turners.  

[quote user="Lord Snooty"][quote user="Match Day Pie"]

[/quote]

All I''m interested in right now is the delicious prospect of a Cullum takeover and his collaboration with Aviva.

[/quote]

Word of caution on that one... don''t expect Aviva to be in it for

anything other than the increased advertising they''ll get from a more

successful club... Cullum''s intentions might be pure, but he''s using

Aviva as further leverage.  Altruism isn''t exactly NU''s strong

point so I wouldn''t go lauding them as Saints just yet...

Mind, if it gives us a £20m transfer kitty, who really cares?! [H]

[quote user="Lord Snooty"][quote user="Match Day Pie"]

[/quote]

Who are these "inmates" and "cyber geeks" foaming at the mouth you are all going on about ? You all seem to be flailing around in the cyber ether with a metaphorical sheet over your heads and a hitting stick in your hands but you''re not making contact with anybody.  Personally, I didn''t rate the post as it''s all been said so many times before. All I''m interested in right now is the delicious prospect of a Cullum takeover and his collaboration with Aviva. This great club of ours has been allowed to bumble along for too long now and IMO the fans have been betrayed by Doncaster and the Board. Delia was good for us once but she''s had her day. Time for fresh blood and real money not paper tigers like the Turners.  

[/quote]Think "crazy" is inferring that those who think negatively with regard to the cub are "inmates" and "cyber geeks". He is implying that only those who think in a positive way are not of that ilk.

BE SMART wrote

[/quote]

So Match Day Pie if  I am concerned that we very nearly got relegated and concerned we have a very, very small squad then I am a twat? I am sorry but as far as I am concerned you would be a twat if you were not bothered by these things.

[quote user="Be Smart"][quote user="Match Day Pie"]

BE SMART wrote

[/quote]

So Match Day Pie if  I am concerned that we very nearly got relegated and concerned we have a very, very small squad then I am a twat? I am sorry but as far as I am concerned you would be a twat if you were not bothered by these things.

[/quote]

You all seem to forget that we nearly got relegated because of the terrible start we had to the season. Roeder''s form was top 6. Have some patience!

Im sorry to be negative but as for our form under Roeder being top six it may be statistically correct but I cannot recall a game last season where we looked like a top six side. The squad was week last year and much weaker still now.

A few rabbits need to be pulled out of hats for me to be optimistic yet regardless of who is in charge. That probably requires spending some cash

[quote user="Be Smart"][quote user="Match Day Pie"]

BE SMART wrote

[/quote]

[/quote]Smart. I think the general theme of the thread is that as NCFC fans we should not now think in a negative way about the club. We should just be positive about everything that is happening. Roeders no doubt talent as a manager should be recognised and to criticise lack of signings etc is to challenge that perception.

You must learn to think more positively, is the massage.

Leicester at home we were superb (ok so we didn''t actually win). QPR, Sheff utd, Colchester all at home. I think we did play well at home under Roeder just had misfortune in front of goal. I agree though we are 3 1st team players away from having a 1st team capable of promotion and probably about another 5 or 6 players from having a squad capable of promotion but slowly we will get there, with or without Peter''s investment.

[quote user="Crazy Joe Divola"]Leicester at home we were superb (ok so we didn''t actually win). QPR, Sheff utd, Colchester all at home. I think we did play well at home under Roeder just had misfortune in front of goal. I agree though we are 3 1st team players away from having a 1st team capable of promotion and probably about another 5 or 6 players from having a squad capable of promotion but slowly we will get there, with or without Peter''s investment.[/quote]Least we must thank Grant for the signings he made.

Good post, the only point I would argue with is that it is possible with investment for "plucky clubs" to get to the Prem and stay there, Fulham, West Ham, Blackburn, Wigan, Middlesborough spring to mind. The key to the positivity will be the amount of investment we have, I accept that we will never challenge for the Prem league title again, I do not accept that it is impossible for us to get to the Prem again and stay there (or even become a yo yo club). To do that we need to start investing in players, I do not believe a squad that contains 6 or 7 loans is sustainable. If we had the money we could at least try to buy the likes of Ched Evans and Ryan Bertrand, we know they can perform at this level, we know that their chances at their present clubs will be limited and I accept we would need to agree to release/sell on clauses etc, that said they would be our players, as loanees we pay their wages but they could be either called back to their clubs or sold and their is bugger all we can do about it. Norwich City have always been a selling club and I do not see that changing, but we have always had half decent players to sell (Reeves, Fashanu, Newsome, Fox, Sutton, Townsend, Martin O`Neill, Fleck, Bellamy, Ashton, Green, Eadie etc etc), who do we have to sell now..?

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Give me something to be positive about regarding our club, they can''t even get the names and details on the tickets right ffs lol [:D][/quote]All those things in "crazys" 1st post.