Sign in to follow this  
Paradox

Pinkun moderators

Hi there,

Just wondering what your hours are? Are you there in the evenings / 24 hrs??

Also, out of interest, do you get many posts from opposing fans (binmen) that you can''t post?

Just being curious! Either way, you do a great job, thanks.

The webdesk is manned at the office from 8am to 9pm but we can moderate forums from home - Vince and I sometimes moderate the boards into the small hours whilst surfing at home.

I''ve deleted no more than 10 posts in a year and have not seen any from an Ipswich fan in my time here.

That''s pretty interesting that you and Vince can moderate from home. I''d assumed that if nobody was in the office the posts just stacked up. Were posts deleted because of appalling use of language or something worse?

Appalling use of language is normally blanked out automatically and if the system misses it then we can just edit it out. The posts I''ve deleted could have got us into trouble for libel, were personal attacks on other posters, had nothing to do with football let alone NCFC, and a couple that had nothing to do with cheeseboard but were merely posted just to bump up the number of posts for that thread.

Peter

Don''t take this the wrong way, but if there have only been 10 posts out of 16,000 odd which were a problem, is it actually worth you having to read everything in this way? I suppose you will say that it only takes one libel action to bring down a newspaper but that''s a lot of effort you have to put in.

Yes it is. It is a precaution we absolutely have to take, for the reason you just stated, and many others.

No offence to the cheeseboard thread which had emmense staying power and was extremely popular, but it''s a bit sad to write random c**p just to keep it on the 1st page. At the end of the day if a thread and posts on it are good enough it will stay around anyway.