Sign in to follow this  
PhatCanary

Half the story AGAIN!

Why do we the fans never get the full story, if we all knew what the offer from Cullum was and why the board have turned him away then we could fully, and properly judge the statement from the club this morning, yet again we don''t get told the full truth and fans are calling for Delias and the boards head, they bring the problems to their own front door with all this cloak and dagger Crap. We deserve the full truth not scraps of information and half hearted statements.

I feel sick to the stomach this morning after hearing the news but untill i get the full truth i will hold my tongue.

we''ll never get the full story. Just vague spin. Here''s hoping (desperately) for a hostile takeover...

[quote user="PhatCanary"]

Why do we the fans never get the full story, if we all knew what the offer from Cullum was and why the board have turned him away then we could fully, and properly judge the statement from the club this morning, yet again we don''t get told the full truth and fans are calling for Delias and the boards head, they bring the problems to their own front door with all this cloak and dagger Crap. We deserve the full truth not scraps of information and half hearted statements.

I feel sick to the stomach this morning after hearing the news but untill i get the full truth i will hold my tongue.

[/quote]

I agree, this whole episode has been extremely unprofessional to say the least - perhaps we should look at some kind of fan based coup. I''m only half joking by the way - and completely angry. [:@]

"Here''s hoping (desperately) for a hostile takeover... "

There''s not much chance of that - if the majority shareholders don''t want to sell, then there''s no takeover. A hostile takeover can only happen if the board doesn''t want to sell, but don''t own most of the shares (almost certainly because they are publicly traded) - the potential purchaser then makes an offer to the public shareholders who choose to accept the cash on offer or the board''s advice not to sell.

But I''m not convinced by Cullum. Whilst we certainly haven''t got the full story, it''s clear from what he has himself said that he wasn''t prepared to offer any money for the actual shares, yet he wanted to get a majority shareholding in the club. Even when we were at the bottom of the table last season, the club was obviously worth something, so this seems a little naive, to say the least. And he also suggested that he was prepared to make a one-off (or worse that that - two installments and the second only if the club stayed up), with no more investment after that. Where would that leave us after a season or two in the prem? Not competing with the big boys, I wouldn''t say.

Whatever the discussions on the table this time round, it seems to me that Cullum wanted something for nothing - or at least a bargain of some sort. If he was really committed to NCFC, why not make a proper offer for a decent shareholding in the club and put in the investment for players? It''s not as if he''s short of the cash.

The sad truth is that nobody has come out of this whole thing very well at all. Delia et al look mighty stupid after the hints about new investment at the Norfolk show and that statement about what the club was worth was a PR disaster. Cullum played the press and supporters much more cleverly, but in the end doesn''t appear to have made a reasonable proposal - the one last year would not have been acceptable to any business, in trouble or not. And by making even just a couple of statements to the press, he has upped the pressure without being able to close the deal.

The thing that really irritates me is that the priority had to be rebuilding and I don''t think we were actually that far off that. We''ve got a few good midfielders in, Bertrand back and close to getting Gow. One or two centrebacks (Tiny? Gorkss?), Rigters and AN Other striker (Ched back, or even Ameobi), plus a couple of loans just before the season starts and the team doesn''t look in too bad shape for, frankly, not much money in comparison to what other clubs would spend - and particularly given the situation we were in after releasing so many players. 

That vision isn''t exactly in tatters yet, and here''s hoping GR pulls things back to where he wants it pretty quick, but the whole takeover saga hasn''t helped anyone and has made the atmosphere around the club seem somewhat bitter from a supporter''s point of view. Delia needs to learn when to keep quiet and not be so defensive, Cullum needs to shut up about Norwich City unless he''s prepared to make a proper offer, or invest with no strings attached, and everyone needs to get back to work and put this sorry story behind them.

Great OP and comment by steakbearnaise

Sadly, I think it will get lost in the inevitable rush to the barricades that will happen today.

IF Cullum''s offer was £5m for control back then, and is still £5m for control now then it''s no wonder the Club aren''t keen to move aside.

Cullum has to budge too and there''s no evidence that he has improved his offer (and no evidence that he hasn''t).

What a mess - on both sides.

[/quote]

Couldn''t agree more, from day one of this Cullum saga the Norwich City board have made me personally feel like the fans aren''t that important, people can criticize Cullum all they want but atleast he has publicly come out and said his say, within the last couple of weeks he''s been our only source of knowledge, while the Board hardly say a thing. This is what really winds me up, IF CULLUM ISN''T ALL HE''S MADE HIMSELF OUT TO BE THEN WHY DON''T THE BOARD COME OUT AND SAY SO, refuseing to do so only makes us fans assume that Delia and Co are in the wrong.

To tell you the truth, I feel quite frustrated and angry with both Cullum and Delia right now for building our hopes up, only for them to be crushed with a single one paragraph statement. Yet''s hope within the next 24 hours we will get a far more detailed explanation as to what exactly went on, we deserve that at the very least.

Couldnt agree more. The posters I tend to value on here have mostly come out and said that they cant judge Delia through this whole situation as we dont know the facts, which is a stance I totally agree with. How people can jump to conclusions without anything to back it up is ludicrous. However if the silence continues more and more people will assume the facts reflect badly on the board. Infact what ive said has been summed up neatly by an earlier poster

(West London Canary)

IF CULLUM ISN''T ALL HE''S MADE HIMSELF OUT TO BE THEN WHY DON''T THE BOARD COME OUT AND SAY SO, refuseing to do so only makes us fans assume that Delia and Co are in the wrong.

[quote user="West_London_Canary"][quote user="PhatCanary"]

[/quote]

Couldn''t agree more, from day one of this Cullum saga the Norwich City board have made me personally feel like the fans aren''t that important, people can criticize Cullum all they want but atleast he has publicly come out and said his say, within the last couple of weeks he''s been our only source of knowledge, while the Board hardly say a thing. This is what really winds me up, IF CULLUM ISN''T ALL HE''S MADE HIMSELF OUT TO BE THEN WHY DON''T THE BOARD COME OUT AND SAY SO, refuseing to do so only makes us fans assume that Delia and Co are in the wrong.

To tell you the truth, I feel quite frustrated and angry with both Cullum and Delia right now for building our hopes up, only for them to be crushed with a single one paragraph statement. Yet''s hope within the next 24 hours we will get a far more detailed explanation as to what exactly went on, we deserve that at the very least.

[/quote]Agreed. If Cullum hadn''t gone to the EDP, then none of us would have ever known there were financial offers being made to the board at all. The football club would never have told us - so what else aren''t they telling us? All of it goes against the ethos of the board when they took over after Chase left, and the way they''ve handled it has made it look like Cullum''s just an irritating thorn in their side that won''t go away quietly.Whatever way you look at it though, people will be angry and there will be protests, because no matter what Cullum wanted, no matter how he approached it and no matter what was said during his meeting with the board - the simple fact is that he was going to put £20m into the team - and it''s unlikely we''ll see that sort of money offered ever again.

[/quote]

Sorry to drag my own post up but i feel my original post still has some relevance in the takeover debate, we still only have half of the story, we still don’t know the truth behind the Cullum offer, yet a hell of a lot of you are wanting blood over something you actually have no real facts about. I am as pi**ed off as the next man that we are not one of the rich clubs this morning but we need to be told the truth and the exact reasons behind the pulling of the plug. Protests, not buying merchandise and general anger towards the board are not called for ..YET!!

If the club, and Cullum for that matter, don’t give us the answers we deserve over the next few days and continue to ignore us fans, then they will have only themselves to blame for the anger and general abuse they will have aimed at them. Sometimes people we all have to say, enough is enough, and fight for what we want and all deserve.

[quote user="PhatCanary"]Doncaster has told us to move on i hear, so it doesn''t look like we will get the full story.[/quote]

If Doncaster thinks this will disappear that easily then he is in for a big shock.

IMO the ball is so in the board''s court, they need to tell us plainly what was wrong with Cullum''s offer, because without this the only assumption to make is that there was nothing majorly wrong with it.

[quote user="PhatCanary"][quote user="PhatCanary"]

[/quote]

Sorry to drag my own post up but i feel my original post still has some relevance in the takeover debate, we still only have half of the story, we still don’t know the truth behind the Cullum offer, yet a hell of a lot of you are wanting blood over something you actually have no real facts about. I am as pi**ed off as the next man that we are not one of the rich clubs this morning but we need to be told the truth and the exact reasons behind the pulling of the plug. Protests, not buying merchandise and general anger towards the board are not called for ..YET!!

If the club, and Cullum for that matter, don’t give us the answers we deserve over the next few days and continue to ignore us fans, then they will have only themselves to blame for the anger and general abuse they will have aimed at them. Sometimes people we all have to say, enough is enough, and fight for what we want and all deserve.

[/quote]

To be fair and I can only speak for myself in this, it''s a culmination of many years of frustration and topped off by this latest debarcle, that has left me seething with our board.  The board ignoring and choosing not to let fans know what''s going on isn''t a new thing, it''s called the mushroom syndrome, kept in the dark and fed bull s**t.

I don''t want blood I want answers, simple really.

The board have some explaining to do to us fans, ok PC should maybe say something too, but I don''t pay PC money to watch a mediocre team on the pitch, I pay the club, and the mouthpiece for the club is the board, so I feel they should give us the truth before PC goes to press.

Them keeping quiet rouses my suspicions, which in turn goes to frustration and anger. 

Yep Foxy, 49s , half the story again as you say , I think you know that arrdee doesn''t make things up and always tells the truth . I can tell you what our great club has in store for us and the excitement we have , believe me our great club will eventually fall into safe hands and indeed Norwich City fans hands , indeed out and out Norwich City fans . arrdee. 

[quote user="arrdee"]Yep Foxy, 49s , half the story again as you say , I think you know that arrdee doesn''t make things up and always tells the truth . I can tell you what our great club has in store for us and the excitement we have , believe me our great club will eventually fall into safe hands and indeed Norwich City fans hands , indeed out and out Norwich City fans . arrdee. [/quote]

Did they send you off on holiday to keep you quiet Ray?

I always trust what you say old mate but if we don''t get some positive news soon then this whole affair is likely to blow our dear old football club apart. I don''t want to be watching Peter Vasper playing behind 11 Charlie Billingtons.

Did you have a nice time sunbathing while us keyboard warriors were busy fighting the battles?

[quote user="arrdee"]Yep Foxy, 49s , half the story again as you say , I think you know that arrdee doesn''t make things up and always tells the truth . I can tell you what our great club has in store for us and the excitement we have , believe me our great club will eventually fall into safe hands and indeed Norwich City fans hands , indeed out and out Norwich City fans . arrdee. [/quote]

Blimey arrdee welcome back, just sad you have to come back to this, hope you had a nice time and are fully recouped.

I trust you arrdee, and respect your views. [Y]