Sign in to follow this  
the stump

dejan stefanovic??

Fulham defender Dejan Stefanovic could be a surprise target for Norwich City boss Glenn Roeder.

The 33-year-old Serbian centre-half is halfway through a two-year contract with the Premier League club after a £1m move from Portsmouth last summer.

The Canaries are badly in need of defensive cover with Gary Doherty and Jason Shackell - reported to be the target of a £1m bid from Wolves - the only senior centre-backs in the squad.

Stefanovic''s agent, Phil Smith, of the First Artist Corporation, confirmed that City had made inquiries about the player.

He said: “There has been some interest, some discussion, but there is nothing that has gone any further down the line.

“It''s an idea at the moment. But it has not gone further than that.”

experienced premiership player worth a go??

from evening news 24 website

Might be old news, but any news will do at the minute. Cheap, if not free, so just in our price range.  Experienced and as was proven when you put experience beside Shackell, he is a far better player. But he is predominently left sided so if considered as a partner to Shackell, would imbalance the defence. Or is he being lined up as a replacement for Shackell?  Which means Doherty is still in the starting XI.

And we all thought it couldn''t get any worse.......................

Old news because if you look down the page its been posted twice. Like i said in those others posts it would be a really great signing for us. He is what we need. big strong and very experianced. he would not be on a free cause he is still in contract and on a fulham website they said they would some of the 1m they spent on him in august.

[quote]Might be old news, but any news will do at the minute. Cheap, if not free, so just in our price range.  Experienced and as was proven when you put experience beside Shackell, he is a far better player. But he is predominently left sided so if considered as a partner to Shackell, would imbalance the defence. Or is he being lined up as a replacement for Shackell?  Which means Doherty is still in the starting XI.

And we all thought it couldn''t get any worse.......................[/quote]

Would agree with your evaulation of Stefanovic but not of Shackell being better than Doc. IMO, Doc was the far better player last season and I think a Doherty - Stefanovic partnership would be an improvement on last season.I also think Doherty is a far better player alongside someone who will organise and boss him about, which I think Stefanovic will do.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"][quote]Might be old news, but any news will do at the minute. Cheap, if not free, so just in our price range.  Experienced and as was proven when you put experience beside Shackell, he is a far better player. But he is predominently left sided so if considered as a partner to Shackell, would imbalance the defence. Or is he being lined up as a replacement for Shackell?  Which means Doherty is still in the starting XI.

And we all thought it couldn''t get any worse.......................[/quote]

Would agree with your evaulation of Stefanovic but not of Shackell being better than Doc. IMO, Doc was the far better player last season and I think a Doherty - Stefanovic partnership would be an improvement on last season.

I also think Doherty is a far better player alongside someone who will organise and boss him about, which I think Stefanovic will do.
[/quote]

Agreed with this, if it were to come down to choosing Doherty or Shackell to partner any new incoming centre half then it definitely has to be the Doc! Shackell has never really warranted a place in the team in my opinion and is just there a) cos he''s a youth product and b) cos there''s no one else.